Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've done some searching...and decided to start a thread for those that are getting a non-Squatch Base and their reasoning!

I'm still waffling a touch....all my builds are 4 door:

1) Base 2.3 with mud flaps, aux switches and floor liners in Velocity Blue,

2) Base 2.3 with Squatch, aux switches and floor liners in Velocity Blue.

I know I said non-Squatch, but I'd like to here other peoples logic in a base Base to see if I'm missing any other points to consider.

Here is my thinking.....Sasquatch is cool, no doubt. However, I live in southwest Ohio, and don't have a plethora of off-roading areas. There are some and they will be visited, but it's not my primary use for the Bronco. I think of it more as convertible 4x4 that gives me a relative open air feel as my motorcycles used to. It will also be for road trips (a couple trips per year to the Mobile/Gulf Shores areas and as a volleyball taxi for the youngest to places like Gatlinburg and Louisville and Indianapolis). I also only really want and need air, heat and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. Heated seats would be cool, but that can be solved aftermarket for far less than the jump to Big Bend with the Mid package. My driving style would also play better with LSD's and not lockers, but even the open diffs with traction control should be worlds better than my 2006 F150. I think I'd rather set it up for Rally or Rally Raid type stuff then boulders and mud. It'll probably also end up towing a small camper and I'd rather the center of gravity down a little bit. Plus I think a Base pays better homage to the Gen1 Broncos.

Let's hear yours!!
Sponsored

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What part of Southwest Ohio are you from? I'm north of Cincinnati in Hamilton Township. I'm going base as well. But I really want the Squatch. It just looks to good to pass up and my wife is from Tennessee so we plan on using it on trails down there.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been waffling between Base 4-door (non-Squatch) and the BD (non-Squatch). Both have the classic steel wheels I want, but the BD add some creature comforts I've been used to have (esp. heated seats). [In Columbus, Ohio, so got the same geographic issues as you.]

Yankee32

Big Bend
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've done some searching...and decided to start a thread for those that are getting a non-Squatch Base and their reasoning!

I know I said non-Squatch, but I'd like to here other peoples logic in a base Base to see if I'm missing any other points to consider.

Here is my thinking.....Sasquatch is cool, no doubt. However, I live in southwest Ohio, and don't have a plethora of off-roading areas. There are some and they will be visited, but it's not my primary use for the Bronco. I think of it more as convertible 4x4 that gives me a relative open air feel as my motorcycles used to. It will also be for road trips (a couple trips per year to the Mobile/Gulf Shores areas and as a volleyball taxi for the youngest to places like Gatlinburg and Louisville and Indianapolis). I also only really want and need air, heat and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. Heated seats would be cool, but that can be solved aftermarket for far less than the jump to Big Bend with the Mid package. My driving style would also play better with LSD's and not lockers, but even the open diffs with traction control should be worlds better than my 2006 F150. I think I'd rather set it up for Rally or Rally Raid type stuff then boulders and mud. It'll probably also end up towing a small camper and I'd rather the center of gravity down a little bit. Plus I think a Base pays better homage to the Gen1 Broncos.

Let's hear yours!!
You have hit all the points and already have my wheels picked out that I would like add as soon as we get it plus Iā€™m excited to see all the cool after market stuff that comes out! Just wish the hard top was included on the 4 door and we had a cool foster green color!

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like the Base will be perfect for what you're using it for. You can always add larger tires and different wheels down the road if you want. Since you're not going to be doing much off roading it would be a waste of $5K to add the SAS.

I'm going Base SAS with a few other extras mostly for the lockers. I don't need 35's but the lockers,Bilsteins and gearing all from the factory with a warrantee is a huge plus. We have a lot of places out here in the desert to off road and then being close to UT and CO we will have some fun trips with it. Plus it helps that the 2 dr looks bad ass with the SAS! ?

Sponsored

markavelli

Base
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door base, either iconic silver or carbon gray.
Probably none of the add on's except maybe aux switches and noise blocking headliner add on...

Will have fun adding after market items and maybe some slightly different wheels/tires at some point.

Essentially, I want something stock and close to the original which is what I think base closest resembles. Sasquatch is awesome but not even necessary for my journey with this thing..

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base

Let's hear yours!!
I will get the Base 2-door, manual, with very little on it (switches, roof rack, rubber floor mats, perhaps).

I will have my new canoe on top of it, and I will use those awesome front tie straps and I will take it to the lake or river (each about 20 miles away), and it will be AWESOME. An old school canoe on top of a Base with steelies will be as retro as you can get.

Ford Bronco Who is going for a non-Squatch Base? Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 1.17.18 PM

MASurf

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry, VPG MV1, Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base

Let's hear yours!!
My first pick is to go manual non-Squatch 4 door base, AMB, +/- floor liners. I'm going to add Katzkin with heat and might paint the rims black. That's it. For me, it's the open air experience, driving on the beach, and camping. The only thing that might push me up to the Big Bend at this point is the ability to easily add a rear locker in the future.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base-base all the way. I'm banking on the theory that the wife would hate driving a stick, solidifying the notion that this is "my" damn vehicle. I'll keep it till I pass on, so B.S. about higher trim providing better re-sale or trade-in value is meaningless to me.

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you really paying almost $5k to go from base 2D to base 4D ? it's actually more than $5k if you consider the standard hardop on 2D. for that.
for that much you can get another car!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
waffling between Base 4-door (non-Squatch) and

Let's hear yours!!
The Base is cool, looks good and quite capable. Sounds like you would really enjoy it. The road manners of non-Squatch will be way better! Save the $5k+!

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ve gone all the way from badlands, to black diamond, and now finally sticking to base. Even stripped out the bumper, rock rail, and roof rack upgrades.

Going bone stock carbonized gray 2-door 2.3L manual, possibly w/ floor liners. Ditching the hardtop for Trektop as soon as possible. Considering procomp 51 steelies w/ 32ish tires. Leveling kit. Aftermarket tow hitch. Further mods TBD.

Last edited:

stueyd

Black Diamond
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve gone all the way from badlands, to black diamond, and now finally sticking to base. Even stripped out the bumper, rock rail, and roof rack upgrades.

Going bone stock carbonized gray 2-door 2.3L manual, possibly w/ floor liners. Ditching the hardtop for Trektop as soon as possible. Considering procomp 51 steelies w/ 32ish tires. Leveling kit. Aftermarket tow hitch. Further mods TBD.
This is 100% my story. Originally got tempted to go BL due to 33ā€, mid package, and more capable off-road capabilities but eventually realized Iā€™ll be doing forest access roads and beaches at best. Furthermore, I wonā€™t be logging tons of commuter or highway miles and donā€™t really need the mid package goodies. Will definitely do something with the wheels and tires eventually, possibly adding a small lift for aesthetics but prefer the cleaner look. I keep coming back to this concept.

947A50FB-7C76-4878-AF89-22DDF4223FC0.jpeg
Sponsored