Who is in the Market for a New Bronco?

sbronemann

First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150/2016 Toyota 4Runner
Ford is losing customers daily by upping the "hype" about them and dragging their feet. Unbelievable.
Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep I decided to shift gears and bought a 2019 Ranger

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford is losing customers daily by upping the "hype" about them and dragging their feet. Unbelievable.
How many customers do you think Ford is losing daily? More than they would if they released an unfinished product that falls far short of corporate and public expectations?

How is Ford "upping the "hype"? Ford has been not far short of silent on the Bronco.

In what ways are they "dragging their feet"? Bronco never had a public timeline other than "coming in 2020". It's entirely their business when they release a product, no matter what assumptions were made by random websites and self-proclaimed automotive experts. If by "dragging their feet" you mean taking the time to design, engineer, test, and produce a completely new modern motor vehicle, I'm in favor of giving them the time to get it right.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's been quite a while sense Ford has given us anything about Bronco. If they'd just give us some little tid bit about the Bronco it would ease the frustration factor. I think Ford really needs to get back to not saying anything about the up coming vehicle until they have a prototype ready to reveal or even like they use to do parade around a concept car to peak interest.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think Ford really needs to get back to not saying anything about the up coming vehicle until they have a prototype ready to reveal or even like they use to do parade around a concept car to peak interest.
The problem with that strategy in the case of the Bronco was the UAW speaking out-of-turn and "revealing" the Bronco project long before Ford was ready. Once they started that fire, the interwebs spooled it out of control and Ford marketing had no way to reel it back in. The little that Ford has released has been largely in response to direct questioning at media availability, other than a sparse web presence and a vaguely-worded official announcement - the premature timing of which was forced by UAW's self-serving stunt.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will be in the market IF it can replace my Pajero Evolution for high speed off road usage. That would mean:
- TT V6
- IFS, no solid front axle thanks.
- High performance version with the fox shocks and off road modes like the F150 raptor.

Manual transmission would be good but not a deal breaker. I'd expect a price close to that of the F150 Raptor for a similar performance vehicle but in a much more usable size for the narrow fire roads that rallies are on up here in BC.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Deal breakers for me:

No manual transmission
Tow rating under 5500lbs
No true removable top
Base MSRP near $40k without 4WD

Otherwise, I'm pretty open... I could live with a 2.3 if it were the only option, though I'd prefer more options. I could live with retry styling (as long as it isn't ugly as sin), though I'd prefer something more modern. I just want something in which I can comfortably cruise down the highway with the top off on my way to the track day with my Mustang hitched to the back
Sponsored