Sponsored

Who is planning a lot of aftermarket modifications?

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as I can, as fast as is possible.

Bumpers, sliders, winch, 37's, long travel suspension on and on.
Same here! Skagit....you?
Sponsored

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Warranty friendly for me as well, don't want ANY headaches with this vehicle. Tune and CAI to start, maybe exhaust but unlikely. Probably stop there for performance. Set of winter wheels and tires. The some odds and ends, ProClip phone mount, Blendmount and MirrorTap for radar detector, etc.

Need some sort of running board / step solution but not a day one problem.
Dumb newbie question..... CIA? And why/what Tune?

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first Modification will cost about 5 cents....

I hear you can use a piece of wire/jumper to override the mirror spotlights and keep them on at any speed....

I'm aware of kits for other Ford vehicles that do this and also allow you to also strobe them....

Then maybe a cheapo step weld hack if getting in the beast is not to the liking of my short stature.
Can you explain what your quick mod is? I’ve not heard of “mirror spotlights”

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing huge, a roof rack system from Rocky ridge that is actually functional, as well as better sliders, and Lights.
What’s wrong with the factory sliders?

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dumb newbie question..... CIA? And why/what Tune?
No dumb questions, we were all newbies once. CAI is Cold Air Intake. Tune will turn up the boost settings. So you're shoving more air into the combustion chamber, and cold air is more dense so more oxygen... bigger boom for each explosion. All that is to say more power with relatively minimal mods to vehicle.

If you do it through Ford Performance (maybe Roush too) they either maintain your factory warranty or provide a backup warranty, so there's relatively little to worry about.

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No dumb questions, we were all newbies once. CAI is Cold Air Intake. Tune will turn up the boost settings. So you're shoving more air into the combustion chamber, and cold air is more dense so more oxygen... bigger boom for each explosion. All that is to say more power with relatively minimal mods to vehicle.

If you do it through Ford Performance (maybe Roush too) they either maintain your factory warranty or provide a backup warranty, so there's relatively little to worry about.
The majority of the tuning is more on the spark side. They advance it pretty aggressively, which is why you have to run higher RON to avoid knock.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The majority of the tuning is more on the spark side. They advance it pretty aggressively, which is why you have to run higher RON to avoid knock.
Good point. I have a rather basic understanding of the science behind all of this stuff, found a few people I trust to work on my cars and make sure whatever I do won't mess with my warranty. I installed a CAI on my BMWs myself for example, but the engineering behind the design and tech is way over my head.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are the lights mounted in the side mirrors that point out and forward - also known as "alley lights". (Not to be confused with the puddle lights that point down at the ground.)
Pics in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/led-spotlight-mentioned-in-the-high-package.11682/

By default they only function below a certain speed - I forget exactly, but something like 20 mph or less.

Guessing the mod involves jumping a couple of pins in a wiring harness somewhere.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Swampers, maybe a touch of lift, classic wheels, fabricate a real roof rack, bikini top, some led lights all around, harbor freight winch inside of pushed forward modular bumper, cargo slider, cargo door table, hitch, catch can, turbo tune, maybe exhaust and snorkel, wet okoles if i dont get MGV, maybe make some tube doors, 69 cup holders, small solar panel w/stand alone system for running the fridge. About half of that will happen on the mainland roadkill style in some parking lot near the dealership. Gotta get it ready for a big 4000 mile road trip to the coast!

I do plan on modding the suspension quit a bit after I feel it out. Mostly just strengthening weak points and finishing things ford clearly intended me to.

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s wrong with the factory sliders?
As already noted the factory ones are body mounted. Some aftermarket ones can actually be used as steps too and they cost almost the same as factory ones but you're getting a much better product.

Ford Bronco Who is planning a lot of aftermarket modifications? ford-ranger-2019-2020-rock-slider

Ford Bronco Who is planning a lot of aftermarket modifications? Ranger Sliders

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are a couple videos that explain how to do it on the F150 (should be the same or similar for Bonco).... One way is on the cheap and the other are kits you can buy... there's also kits that allow you to keep them on solid or strobe them at will.. There are Ford blog posts that explain by cutting or disconnecting one wire and jumping it to another.....

Sponsored