Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

damn nice ride you had there!

And while my Badsquatch will stick out in it's Cyber Orange glory, I'm not looking forward to repeating the same crap all over again and again, yes it's a BL, has the 2.7, Sashquatch, bla bla bla. Maybe I'll just leave the window sticker on or make copies of it to hand out, LOL.
But that'll also depend on the person asking. When I went to the Bronco show at my dealer I could already tell who'd annoy me (the loud bros) and who would not, just by their attitude. If somebody is really curious, I'll be happy to talk and show and maybe even let them look inside. But if somebody starts talking about their build and I should do this or they're doing that and getting 40es and a mile high lift and a lightbar ... I'll be tuning out quickly. It's simply not my thing. So I can understand the OP perfectly, he built HIS ride the way HE wanted it, for HIMSELF. Just as I intend to do with my Bronco, if I mod anything at all.

I get the showing off and talk about it endlessly to others too (see me liking to go to car shows), but that's simply not in my personality. I didn't design and build it (even if I should add stuff, I still didn't come up with and build that stuff either, just bolted it on), so don't see where there's anything I could 'show off' or be proud of. I bought stuff and bolted it on. Meh. (now if somebody fabricates all their mods themselves? I'm all ears, because that's interesting to me. Or talking to the actual designers/engineers that came up with the bolt on mods).

I'm getting this for me and me alone, for my own adventures. Family can join when ever they want, as long as I don't hear any complaints about pulling over for an other photo or the music being to loud or the wind too windy or the trail too steep. I plan to drive from SF to Seattle once my son is up there in college, avoid all highways where ever possible. 2 weeks or more along the coast and through the redwoods, my Bronco, my cameras and music, my made up on the spot schedule. Mostly sleep in it or in a tent. That's my first adventure plan, second is go back to Moab via Yosemite, Mono Lake, desert roads, return swipe through Death Valley maybe. Up to Lone Pine and back, all depends on when I get it and what the weather/snow conditions are at that time.

I do enjoy car shows and hope the Good Guys shows start up again. Great to see what people build, occasionally I might ask something about the design, paint, upholstery, woodwork, don't care much about the tech. 500 or 700 hp is all the same to me, I like to look at what I consider drivable sculptures. Love the chromed engines though, pretty to look at. I go to take photos of details, distorted wide angle shots, just having fun with the art on display.

Luckily there are options for all of us :)
Sponsored

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tell them "WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT GREEN EGGS AND HAMMMMM!
Watch "Pete Holmes - What You Know About Green Eggs And Ham?!" on YouTube

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

damn nice ride you had there!

And while my Badsquatch will stick out in it's Cyber Orange glory, I'm not looking forward to repeating the same crap all over again and again, yes it's a BL, has the 2.7, Sashquatch, bla bla bla. Maybe I'll just leave the window sticker on or make copies of it to hand out, LOL.
But that'll also depend on the person asking. When I went to the Bronco show at my dealer I could already tell who'd annoy me (the loud bros) and who would not, just by their attitude. If somebody is really curious, I'll be happy to talk and show and maybe even let them look inside. But if somebody starts talking about their build and I should do this or they're doing that and getting 40es and a mile high lift and a lightbar ... I'll be tuning out quickly. It's simply not my thing. So I can understand the OP perfectly, he built HIS ride the way HE wanted it, for HIMSELF. Just as I intend to do with my Bronco, if I mod anything at all.

I get the showing off and talk about it endlessly to others too (see me liking to go to car shows), but that's simply not in my personality. I didn't design and build it (even if I should add stuff, I still didn't come up with and build that stuff either, just bolted it on), so don't see where there's anything I could 'show off' or be proud of. I bought stuff and bolted it on. Meh. (now if somebody fabricates all their mods themselves? I'm all ears, because that's interesting to me. Or talking to the actual designers/engineers that came up with the bolt on mods).

I'm getting this for me and me alone, for my own adventures. Family can join when ever they want, as long as I don't hear any complaints about pulling over for an other photo or the music being to loud or the wind too windy or the trail too steep. I plan to drive from SF to Seattle once my son is up there in college, avoid all highways where ever possible. 2 weeks or more along the coast and through the redwoods, my Bronco, my cameras and music, my made up on the spot schedule. Mostly sleep in it or in a tent. That's my first adventure plan, second is go back to Moab via Yosemite, Mono Lake, desert roads, return swipe through Death Valley maybe. Up to Lone Pine and back, all depends on when I get it and what the weather/snow conditions are at that time.

I do enjoy car shows and hope the Good Guys shows start up again. Great to see what people build, occasionally I might ask something about the design, paint, upholstery, woodwork, don't care much about the tech. 500 or 700 hp is all the same to me, I like to look at what I consider drivable sculptures. Love the chromed engines though, pretty to look at. I go to take photos of details, distorted wide angle shots, just having fun with the art on display.

Luckily there are options for all of us :)
Ok you made my list.
The California/Oregon/ Washington coast is awesome. Done that 4 times. The drive on beaches (there are a couple of them if you look) are awesome and relaxing. Yellowstone a couple times... it's great in so many different ways. Car shows even still have their place with me...answering questions about my mods and designs were cool... But there were enough "people" that wore it out. To many scam artists, assholes and Karen's to care to continue. I got asked at least a couple times a week had some millennial kid ask me to "sponsor" their ride. That I should give them my all my designs free so they could tell their 98 followers about me and my work on IG. Seems everyone wants freebies and not work hard for their shit. When I said no... I'm just one dude working out if my garage in my spare time, I won't give you free shit... They put me on blast and called me scum and an asshole... Took the fun out of it... So much so it wasn't worth the money. Over the years I've pulled further and further away from crowds and interactions with "car people". But to each their own.

Last edited:

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I love the Bronco and I hate people. Lol.
Seriously though, you’re concerns will be correct. Having a classic car is the worse imo.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Daktari Old school chrome was always awesome. My old nova was chromed out . But that's before we had cameras lol. I went more carbon fiber and custom paint/ vinyl on this latest one... I did all the paint work, vinyl work and some of the carbon work in there myself... I never stopped modding it even tho it barely came out of the garage the last 2 years I had it. I actually shed a tear when this one left. Was with me since Dec 12, 2012. My 7year old said "the Bronco better be Friggen awesome" when he saw me walk back in the house with tears in my eyes after it drive away. It was family. Her name was Snow.
Ford Bronco Who loves the bronco but not people?! Screenshot_20210603-211213_Instagram

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's some sweet clean work, I'd have no idea where to even start with carbon fiber. Piece of art, hope the new owner knows what they got.
I don't have the skills nor the room or tools to do any of that, always thought it would be fun to restore something or build a hot rod, but I'd have to do that in my living room and that would get me into trouble.
Fantastic work there on Snow! Have fun playing with your Bronco, I'm sure your son will come around and see the awesomeness :)

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One of the many plus sides to buying a Bronco. I get to the point where just being around other people - at work, on the highway, parking lots, stores etc - gets to be too much and I just need to get away. Somewhere where nobody else is around, listen to the sounds of nature and sit by a fire and just disappear for a while. Having a Bronco will allow me to get even further out and away than my current truck is able to. When I go hiking for a day or camping for a weekend, I'd much rather do it on my own than go with somebody.

Like William Michael Morgan sang, "sometimes missing is my favourite place to be"

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s too bad. I’m 44 and I have friends I met 40 years ago to five years ago. Imagine I may have new friends five years from now.

A good friend of mine once said be weary of the dude that’s got no friends (guy friends). There’s a reason for that.

BoolooBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I look forward to the day I can chat with strangers about my Bronco.

I once chatted with a man in a Lowes parking lot about his FJ for probably 20 minutes. Lol, I think it made both of our days.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My ‘71 el Camino brings all the old folks out ;)

I love it
Car shows, parking lots..ect I love when I'm driving some of our classics and I get to talk to other car people. Hell I love shows to get the story on the car. I'll sit and talk with friendly owners as long as they will talk.

I'm in sales at work so maybe that has something to do with it.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought this post would be about the trolls and people asking the same question a million times on this form. LOL
And yes no one knows how to use the search function.

Be sure to get your Bronco in a color that will blend in.
White black silver or gray.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I plan on putting full camo on mine for the first year. That should be a deterrent for the looke Lou's. 🤣

Ford Bronco Who loves the bronco but not people?! 2021-Ford-Bronco-Spy-Shots-Exterior-May-2020-002-1122x748

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on putting full camo on mine for the first year. That should be a deterrent for the looke Lou's. 🤣

Ford Bronco Who loves the bronco but not people?! 2021-Ford-Bronco-Spy-Shots-Exterior-May-2020-002-1122x748
haha, actually just buy a base base and have it wrapped like this, you'll be the top attraction everywhere, nobody will pay attention to that crazy built up one over there, they'll all want to know what new model that might be :-D
Sponsored