Sponsored

Who makes a hardtop storage / lift / hoist?

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone pulled the trigger on the 'hard top lifter'?
With the help of my 15 year old son, we installed the SmarterHome Bronco Hard Top Lifter easily.

For me, I wanted a solution that would make it easier for me to take the top off by myself and also help with where to store the top. The hard top lifter is designed to store the hard top with the middle panel on top. It also has a net for storage of the front two panels if you want. I made a short, terrible quality video of myself using the lifter for the first time. I used a blanket at first to make sure the middle panel didn't rub against the hard top but have since been gifted the middle panel bag by my dealer.

I can now remove the top by myself and either back in or pull forwards with the hard top stored above the Bronco. I'm now just waiting for better weather so I can hopefully keep it off for longer.

Ford Bronco Who makes a hardtop storage / lift / hoist? IMG_5271.JPG
Ford Bronco Who makes a hardtop storage / lift / hoist? IMG_5276.JPG
Ford Bronco Who makes a hardtop storage / lift / hoist? IMG_5286.JPG

Last edited:

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ok.. looked fairly smooth. Would you recommend ... knowing you have very limited experience thus far?

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok.. looked fairly smooth. Would you recommend ... knowing you have very limited experience thus far?
I like mine. Install wasn't terribly difficult and I really like the fact that it's designed to store the middle part on top of the hard top. I also like how you can really dial in the speed with the controller on the app. I've seen some of the other electric hoist that seem to raise and lower faster than I'd probably like. Considering that the tops are almost impossible to replace at this point, I thought it seemed like a reasonable amount to spend. My plan is to get a better video up at some point but there are other videos out there as well.

Sponsored

divetilfive

First Edition
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, Jeep Rubi
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This may be an option, this system uses Ibeam approach but what's appealing is its uses for other lifting. in this description has a pic a dirt bike but says uses for Hard Tops. https://auxx-lift.com/pages/one-motor
I currently have a Elec Hoist installed up in the attic with cable coming though the ceiling to get max height for my Rubicon Top using the Lange Power Hoist Bar which is unique to jeep tops but I am going to see if I can modify it and get the balance fitted for my 2 Dr Bronco top, keep ya'll posted

IMG_7253.jpg

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This may be an option, this system uses Ibeam approach but what's appealing is its uses for other lifting. in this description has a pic a dirt bike but says uses for Hard Tops. https://auxx-lift.com/pages/one-motor
I currently have a Elec Hoist installed up in the attic with cable coming though the ceiling to get max height for my Rubicon Top using the Lange Power Hoist Bar which is unique to jeep tops but I am going to see if I can modify it and get the balance fitted for my 2 Dr Bronco top, keep ya'll posted

Ford Bronco Who makes a hardtop storage / lift / hoist? IMG_7253
How did you make out?

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, life happened and I forgot last night. Making a note right now :)
I'd love to see a picture of this if you are able. I'm looking at options and like the idea of a traditional winch lift.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was gonna build one at home but then I thought to myself,"You have two 10 ton overheads and six 1 tons at the shop."

Sponsored

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I fashioned my own with an electric hoist from Harbor Freight. Still working out a couple of kinks, but works pretty well so far.
Ford Bronco Who makes a hardtop storage / lift / hoist? 35DF0BC1-F166-4BE9-8F70-663BACD0E57E

divetilfive

First Edition
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, Jeep Rubi
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How did you make out?
sorry was out of the picture for awhile but jeep bar i had works like crap. i made it work with straps and found the center of balance but not an ideal set up

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I fashioned my own with an electric hoist from Harbor Freight. Still working out a couple of kinks, but works pretty well so far.
Ford Bronco Who makes a hardtop storage / lift / hoist? 20220611_170945
Old post I know but if you are still storing your top this way, are you having any issues?? right now i have mine kind of that way

20230531_172012.jpg

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Old post I know but if you are still storing your top this way, are you having any issues?? right now i have mine kind of that way

Ford Bronco Who makes a hardtop storage / lift / hoist? 20230531_172012
Well, I havenā€™t had it off in a while as we had a wet fall, long winter with a ton of snow, and we are just getting to decent top off weather. I think the longest Iā€™ve ever stored it hanging was about a week. Iā€™ve had no problems, but canā€™t say how it would be for longer term storage.
Sponsored