Sponsored

Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What did you find that lighter? I am interested to know when I look?
I will have to look it up again, I am not in front of my home computer right now. They were 34.5" actual (just like the GY).
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went with 315/70/17 KO2’s. Do they through rocks? Yes, but not nearly as bad. I also get 22+mpg.
No way do you get 22 mpg with those. I have same size tires. 16-18 tops mpg

OP
OP
F150rubyred

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This was day 2 of having my bronco 😬
Some mud flaps, touch up paint, and time helped me get over it
Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? E8E32C76-91FB-4D54-A23D-78B8F20CFFCF
No that is awful! From rocks flying? What flaps you go with? I just put cheap amazon flaps on my BD.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Forget the flaps if you drive a 3/4 gravel road to your house. You want to listen to the underside of your Bronco get blasted every day? When you get back on the road you will be a menace to society lol.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you smoking Dick! I have had many sets of aggressive tires on my vehicles none pickup rocks like this.
No need to get angry. Let your brain do some of the work.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a (long!) cut-and-paste repost of mine from Oct 3 on another thread, but I think it's relevant for posting again--my unhappy experience on well-maintained unpaved roads in west Utah:

I have GY Territories on my Badlands 4Dr Sas. After a bit of back-roading in New England and West Virginia, I drove to Moab and spent a few days on easy-to-moderate trails with some introductory but authentic rockcrawling. Along with Moab's rough but graded roads, no problem.

Then I drove to my real destination--the west Utah desert. I started on the Pony Express Historic Byway out of Toelle (great family ride), got stuck in some muck outside Fish Springs Wildlife Refuge. The lugs filled up with wet-clay-like mud, got no purchase even with treadboards. Happily, a Ford Explorer :cautious:was able to haul me out. That long kinetic strap was a life saver!

Now, my main point: I got a flat, got aired up sufficiently and made a mad dash to Toelle Ford, who sold me a new Goodyear. "Four rock holes," they said. (I have questions--should have taken a closer look.) Okay, sh*t happens.

But I was only driving on graded, maintained dirt & gravel roads! Two days later (in Gold Hill, Ut) another flat! I patched the puncture, mounted my spare, and drove 45 miles to Wendover and got it properly repaired. Okay, sometimes sh*t really happens. Lose another day.

Next day, just short of Partoun UT, I get my 3rd flat. That meant a 50+mile drive to Wendover, and another lost day. Again: a rock caught in the Territory's tread and working its way through the ply. I was traveling alone, and I couldn't risk this happening deep in Snake Valley or the Confusion (mountain) Range--my real destination (research for a book). Bummer. So I abandoned my trek and limited myself to asphalt sight-seeing before driving back to New England. (Check a map + images if you're curious. Very remote.

The repair guy in Wendover (specializes in 18-wheeler) suggested I air down. That's counter-intuitive to me--wouldn't a softer tire grab more stones?

So that's my story. I'm researching good sturdy tires (BFG K02s have a loyal following) but will not take these Goodyears deep into the desert.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and vehicles in the line of fire behind you... I learned very quickly not to follow a Sasquatch'd Bronco.
Same, I keep far behind other Broncos.

And welcome back, I couldn't believe you caught a ban but at least it was temporary.

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
No that is awful! From rocks flying? What flaps you go with? I just put cheap amazon flaps on my BD.
Same. Mabett because they fit my squatch flares. They do the job. Still hear the rocks bounce and hit the undercarriage but so long as they don’t chip any more paint, I’m good.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The GY on my SAS really suck! I live down on the farm in Iowa and I have 3/4 mile of gravel road I picked new Bronco up and drove home. These pictures are from less than one mile on gravel road; each tire has over 100 rocks stuck in the tread. The tires are terrible this should not happen; this has to be bad engineering in tread design. WHO SHOULD I BLAME FOR THESE POS TIRES ON MY NEW BRONCO? GOODYEAR? FORD? OR BOTH?

I have had many F150 and SUV have used BFG, Falken, NItto, Bridgestone and none of these tires would pickup rocks. Yes maybe 1 or 2 or a few but not hundreds of rocks! Ford did you drive pre production Broncos on gravel with these tires? If you did and approved these tires you better get your heads examined!

Ford please send me a check now so I can replace them. Message me I will give you my address to send check to.

Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? E8E32C76-91FB-4D54-A23D-78B8F20CFFCF
What about the Quarry making the gravel too small?

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just put mine back on. Terrible for the summer but a pretty dang good snow tire honestly. I cringe when they sand the roads though because the state uses perfectly sized throwing rocks for "sand"

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's really insane. I got mudflats ASAP. I also got ones for the back wheels because, with the size of the rocks the tires pick up, I didn't want one to go through someone's windshield on the freeway.

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put on mud flaps and wider step rails to protect my doors until I need to replace the stock tires. Getting ready to get mine wrapped with Kavaca PPF too.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll be selling my GY tires as soon as my 11/21 build arrives. My 7 month old Bronco has Falken Wildpeaks AT3W’s with 13,000 miles on them and don’t have any problems with gravel/rock chips. I have factory running boards with no mud flaps. I did put PPF on my Bronco but there are zero chips/tears in the PPF on the doors but some on the leading edge of the hood.
Sponsored