Sponsored

Who switched from MY21, to MY22 and back to MY21?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm still on the fence as well. Have 2Dr OBX ordered. I wanted mod top for color/removable windows and not having various shades of black/gray between everything. Thought VB with gloss grille/top would look good with body color fender flares. Since I've waited this long and my dealer is getting a demo build shortly I figured I'd wait a little longer to see an actual vehicle. Then make a decision to still continue to wait for a MY22 to see those options or change my order right away.
VB is my color too but in a BD however if I do go with the MIC top then I'll go with the silver in a BL, at least that seems to minimize the crazy shade variances. I did go see the traveling road show demos but all 4 door and soft tops with no squatch didn't do anything for my decision.
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, that's me... 2 door Badlands with Mod top. I was willing to wait... Till January or March... But not 2023!!
Had my dealer refresh my order to P-code 10 and added MIC top.

Thoughts... Obviously week 1 reservation dates will STILL take precedent when added for scheduling?

Will 2 doors get mic top priority going forward, seeing as ford is doing a 4 door prep kit and filling dealer stock with softies?
Me too!

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me. asked dealer about switch back - told MIC on wildtrack or badlands Sasquatch would be 2Q or 3Q22 delivery.
Seriously considering cancelling now. What a mess!
15th July time stamp.

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm still debating what to do, I'm an early second day reservation and I'm still fine with getting a '22 being this late in the model year but waiting until '23 for a white top is asking a bit much. Think I'm going to wait until Sept and see what the new options for '22 are and make my decision then to wait, order, or find something else. I'm not in need of a new car, this purchase was always a want but I did sell off my car that I liked last summer and have been driving my then third vehicle as a daily.

I don't know what will get priority but you should be able to jump back relatively in line and take your chances, good luck.
This is basically where I'm at, but that July 16th date Ford threw out there in the email has me worried. Was that just to ensure you ended up in the September builds? Or are they saying you need to opt in for the free HT prep kit by then or lose out on it?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me. asked dealer about switch back - told MIC on wildtrack or badlands Sasquatch would be 2Q or 3Q22 delivery.
Seriously considering cancelling now. What a mess!
Maybe if you reserved this year in March.

Sponsored

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think your sales guy knows WTF he's talking about. 2d's are being built and delivered... And we'll likely see that ramp up this summer.
That was from the dealership manager

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're talking 4 door and mic top in WT, maybe MY22. Your best bet to get a 4 door is switching to a soft top for sure.
Yes. But to be clear, a hard top is going to be about another $4k based on the prices now for wrangler tops. I don’t want a soft top anyway.
Sponsored