Sponsored

Who uses their Bronco as a family vehicle?

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not only is this a manual area 51, but you've also got the 4-in-1 too!

I don't think I could've asked for a better picture if I tried! Thank you so much I truly appreciate it. You the real MVP
Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have but it is not comfortable for the entire family. If just me and a kid or three itā€™s fine. But when the 3 kids and my beautiful wife would want to go anywhere no thanks.

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have but it is not comfortable for the entire family. If just me and a kid or three itā€™s fine. But when the 3 kids and my beautiful wife would want to go anywhere no thanks.
Would you say it would be more comfortable with just 2 adults and 2 kids?

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m surprised ā€œTeam 2-doorā€ hasnā€™t busted into this thread yet, to shame us all for having the audacity to use the Bronco as a family wagon. Itā€™ll happen soon enoughā€¦

We have a couple of 12-year-olds, and the Bronco is awesome. Even if they were still in car seats, it would have been fine. As babies? Mmmmā€¦ not so much, maybe. But theyā€™re twins, so we needed two of everything whenever we went somewhere, so cargo room would have been a stretch.

Hopefully, @Laurensimms7 you have a hard top with roof rails? Having a rooftop carrier would be a huge help if you have young kids traveling in a Broncoā€¦ šŸ¤ž
Dont give the Team 2-Door any Hint.

giphy (1).gif

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Bronco is a family vehicle. Thatā€™s why I didnā€™t order a 2 door manual šŸ˜‰.

My partner did just comment this morning how difficult it was to lift our 20 month old (99% in height and weight) up into the car seat though! LOL. I prescribed an oly lifting regimen to help šŸ‹ļøā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m 6ā€™5ā€ and almost 50 and have a 4 door Wildtrak. I use it as my daily driver, but itā€™s just me and the wife. I got the 4 door because I wanted to be able to get my dog in and out easily. My 100 German shepherd dog is literally my shadow and keeps me sane. Iā€™ll be taking it camping/off-road this coming weekend with Project Zero (my first time).

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m 6ā€™5ā€ and almost 50 and have a 4 door Wildtrak. I use it as my daily driver, but itā€™s just me and the wife. I got the 4 door because I wanted to be able to get my dog in and out easily. My 100 German shepherd dog is literally my shadow and keeps me sane. Iā€™ll be taking it camping/off-road this coming weekend with Project Zero (my first time).
Thanks for that imput! We are of average heights (5ā€™7 & 5ā€™10) so I am hoping that will leave us enough room for eventual car seats in the back! Also, couldnā€™t help but notice your username- my husband is active duty sub servicešŸ˜Š Thank you for your service!

ckingleo

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a high back five point harness booster and a regular booster in the back and fiancƩ and I up front. No issues at all. I did however add blankets to the seats to protect the backs of the front seats.

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Im 6ā€™7ā€ my wife 5ā€™2ā€ we have a 6yo in harness booster behind wife and my 2yo in his large Britax car seat behind me. His feet are on back of my seat but its been fine for me. Obviously more room in my raptor so that is what my road trips are in. But bronco has been functioning well. Tho kids have to crank up their Ipads as freeway noise even with hardtop, isnt quiet.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you use your Bronco as a family vehicle, how has it worked out for you? I have one on order with intention of using it as a daily driver.

How does an infant car seat fit?

My order for reference: 4 door Outer Banks, 2.7l, high package, leather seats
Iā€™ve got the same OBX, high pkg, leather 4 door. For us it works great but we are a family of 4 no car seats(13&14Yo). Plenty of room for groceries. I have the rear lockable drawer and still lots of room. Biggest problem I have is then still fighting over who gets to sit in the front. Iā€™ve got to did some fab work to lean the rear seats back a little more. They are just too uptight even in the recline position.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
3 of us. 8 month old, wife, and myself in a 2 DR. Wife drives a VW Atlas so itā€™s a solid alternative for long road trips, or lugging a bunch of toys. As my little one gets heavier tossing her in the back via rear facing carrier (base stays in at all times) can be an adventure, but any difficulty disappears as soon as Iā€™m in the drivers seat.

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
3 of us. 8 month old, wife, and myself in a 2 DR. Wife drives a VW Atlas so itā€™s a solid alternative for long road trips, or lugging a bunch of toys. As my little one gets heavier tossing her in the back via rear facing carrier (base stays in at all times) can be an adventure, but any difficulty disappears as soon as Iā€™m in the drivers seat.
As I started getting antsy about the wait for the bronco, I started looking into the Atlas Cross sport- they have a nice look for a family suv! How does she like her atlas?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for that imput! We are of average heights (5ā€™7 & 5ā€™10) so I am hoping that will leave us enough room for eventual car seats in the back! Also, couldnā€™t help but notice your username- my husband is active duty sub servicešŸ˜Š Thank you for your service!
Thanks, was in back in the 90ā€™s myself šŸ˜‚. Iā€™m old and salty

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As I started getting antsy about the wait for the bronco, I started looking into the Atlas Cross sport- they have a nice look for a family suv! How does she like her atlas?
Loves it, she got the sport and itā€™s a fun 4WD vehicle with plenty of space!

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model