Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm five feet tall (or short) and have impaired night vision. I have to test drive at night to make sure I can see the front of the vehicle, the dashboard at night, and how I react to lights from on coming cars. Sometimes seeing the front isn't possible at all, cough cough, Hyundai Santa Fe and Tucson, Subaru Cross Dress, cough cough, no matter how the seat is adjusted. Which makes buying closer to home even more important. Would hate to fly to Des Moines or Charleston, WV only to fly home the next day. :mad:
Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm five feet tall (or short) and have impaired night vision. I have to test drive at night to make sure I can see the front of the vehicle, the dashboard at night, and how I react to lights from on coming cars. Sometimes seeing the front isn't possible at all, cough cough, Hyundai Santa Fe and Tucson, Subaru Cross Dress, cough cough, no matter how the seat is adjusted. Which makes buying closer to home even more important. Would hate to fly to Des Moines or Charleston, WV only to fly home the next day. :mad:
Good enough.
Now, not much to be done about the height or vision but you really should have that cough checked out!?

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably would not buy without driving. Definitely would not buy without sitting in.

If I get desperate to buy, and can't get hands on a Bronco, might buy Wrangler.

Reactions: rak

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This guy right here. I find it hard to spend my hard owned money on something I can't see, and touch in person. I want a manual, but I also want to know where the clutch engages, if it shifts smoothly, and if the shift gates are easy to find. I've had a manual that was not good in any of those aspects, and it took away from the enjoyment of driving. I don't want that to happen again. So, I'll wait.

And to add to that, the wife has nerve damage in her left hip, and leg from a car accident. So we have to make sure the seats are comfortable for her. We've had to walk away from a couple of cars because of the seats.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah. 100% I’ve sat in cars I loved and absolutely hated them. So if it doesn’t thrill me, I’m out.
Dream car as a kid. 1998 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air WS6. All I wanted. Then I drove it, hated it and went and bought a Mustang.

jled

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rumors have it that dealers, or some dealers ... will have Pre-pro models available to see, touch, taste, and even drive , sometime before order time. Those pre-pro models will NOT be saleable, according to what I read.
THIS is what I was told at the local Ford dealership yesterday when I went to drive the turbo4 in the ranger to get the feel of it...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You never know. At least one would have an idea of how they handle, and ride. :)

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
THIS is what I was told at the local Ford dealership yesterday when I went to drive the turbo4 in the ranger to get the feel of it...
That totally makes sense. There are just too many combinations. Plus they will probably want to try and upsell on the better features of some of the more expensive models.

just972

Wildtrak
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner, Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am absolutely 100% test driving the Bronco before I spend that kind of money. I will cancel my order if I cannot drive it before hand... Hell I spent $42k on my 4runner and I test drove 3 different ones before I agreed to order and purchase the one I have.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford marketing is really killing it with you guys

They really have made you think this truck will be rare and scarce, so much fomo

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't test driven a car in about 17 years :)

I bought my Shelby GT500 without a test drive as well as three different trucks. No real reason unless you are seriously straining the bank to buy it. You can always back out generally within 48 hours should you absolutely hate it. I was concerned about height maybe being an issue since I'm 6'3" but watching a video of a guy who was 6'7" get in, I'm fine.

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford marketing is really killing it with you guys

They really have made you think this truck will be rare and scarce, so much fomo
I'm sure they are with some but that's not the case for everyone. I'll be in need of a new vehicle in a year so the Bronco works well. But....if it arrives and I don't like it I can easily walk away from a $50-60k truck. I won't be sad to keep that money in my pocket. Not worried about missing out on anything.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dream car as a kid. 1998 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air WS6. All I wanted. Then I drove it, hated it and went and bought a Mustang.
Many years ago I saw a local used VW bus (classic breadloaf version) for sale, and thought it would be fun to own one. Went for a test drive. No offense to bus owners, but it was miserable to drive. I realized the idea of the VW bus was better than the reality (at least for my driving tastes). So yeah, I won't be dropping 30k+ on a Bronco, until giving it a going over live and driving it.
Sponsored