Sponsored

Who was sold on the Bronco before even seeing one in person?

Raptor57

Black Diamond
First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pro4X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
25 years ago my dad and I restored a 1966 half cab bronco and was some of the best times we ever had building her a 4 year project this new 2 door is dedicated to my father he would have been thrilled with what ford has done in resurrecting the classic nice work ford
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered in January 2021, saw my first Bronco in person in August 2021. First time driving one was driving mine away from the dealer November 2021.

I was sold before it was fully revealed.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🙋‍♂️

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the retro look and when I discovered the doors can be removed, SOLD

• Love
Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

25 years ago my dad and I restored a 1966 half cab bronco and was some of the best times we ever had building her a 4 year project this new 2 door is dedicated to my father he would have been thrilled with what ford has done in resurrecting the classic nice work ford
that’s awesome.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold 18 July 2020, ordered January of 2021.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well since I saw the concept bronco in 2004 revealed at the Detroit auto show ( on TV,not in person) I knew I wanted one, since I have my 72 that I restored for over 18 years ago and still ongoing, I always thought how cool would it be to have a classic and a newest bronco together.
Now in two weeks my dream will be coming true. :p

bigdaddytommy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was sold on it after seeing the concept version driven by The Rock in the movie Rampage. Reserved as soon as I could, ordered as soon as I could. Drove at off roadeo in nh Oct 17th, took delivery Oct 30th. Love it! Except I should have gone all out and ordered a badlands instead of BD
I went to see “Rampage” just to see the Bronco! 😂

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserved July 2020
Ordered a 2 door January 2021
Saw a 4 door in person April 2021
Test drove a 4 door August 2021
My 2 door is in production (modules popped). Still haven’t seen a 2 door in person.

• Love
Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I learned I had a big inheritance coming my way, my thoughts quickly turned to spending some of it on a vehicle more suitable for my current needs and profession than what I now have.

I need something that can handle rough terrain, getting in and out of contraction sites, and that can securely store and carry all my tools.

It's about that time that my attention was called to the upcoming revival of the Bronco.

I seem to have fixated on the Bronco as soon as I learned of it. I've looked into other vehicles and tried to give them a fair judgement, but I kept coming back to the Bronco.

By the time the big part of my inheritance came in, I was pretty well set on using it to buy a Bronco. Some of my coworkers told me that that thought I'd be disappointed once I finally got to see and test drive one in person. I suspect that this came from having seen the “Bronco” Sport, and not the real Bronco.

Anyway, on 15 October 2021, the first Saturday after ordering opened up for the 2022 model year, Bronco, and based on the reputation that Serramonte Ford seems to have on this forum, @Seanette and I braved the two hour drive and the Bay Area traffic to go meet with @Gloff to put in my order. I went in with what, before then, I would rationally have had to admit was unrealistically high expectations of what the vehicle would be like, a perfect setup to be disappointed as some of my colleagues warned that I might.

This was the very first, and still so far only occasion on which I have seen the real 6th generation Bronco in person. There were four of them there. I got to take a Wildtrak for a brief test drive.

It totally, completely, utterly failed to disappoint me. That's how I reported the experience back to my coworkers the following Monday.

Even @Seanette, riding as a passenger, was very impressed with the vehicle. And that was with a version that should be significantly less suited to either of us than the version I now have on order, and on a brief drive on normal roads (albeit in scary Bay Area traffic, which seemed much less scary in this vehicle than in our own car); and not in the kind of conditions that on would expect a Bronco to need in order to really show is how superior it is to our current car.

OK, so I didn't quite go as far as ordering my Bronco before I test drove one, but I was already sold enough on it that if I didn't have the chance to test drive, I still would have put in my order.

So, who else? Who was already set on ordering a Bronco, without having seen one or had the chance to test-drive one?

Is there anyone who went as far as actually placing the order without ever seeing or test-driving one?
I did. Finally got to drive a 4 dr when the mannequin arrived. Still haven't driven a 2 dr., only got to look at a 2 dr Customer's order that came in last month.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Reserved 7/13/2020.
Ordered 1/21/21.
First Bronco I saw IRL: mine, on 10/8/21 when I picked it up.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold the moment they said they had a manual transmission offering.

Lifelong Ford owner from a Ford family (father is a retired Ford engineer)... father owned a 1989 Bronco XLT.

BUT, I'm also a lifelong manual transmission driver. I was getting ready to switch to Toyota since they seem to be the only manufacturer left that is willing to offer decent vehicles with a manual transmission. But Ford surprised me on this one.

Suspect it'll be my last manual transmission though... the next vehicle to be replaced after my Bronco will be my daily driver (Focus). And with with electric vehicles coming I'm not sure how much longer it'll make sense to buy an internal combustion engine vehicle for daily driving.

Last edited:

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was sold on it after seeing the concept version driven by The Rock in the movie Rampage. Reserved as soon as I could, ordered as soon as I could. Drove at off roadeo in nh Oct 17th, took delivery Oct 30th. Love it! Except I should have gone all out and ordered a badlands instead of BD

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought a 1985 Bronco II from a Ford dealer I worked for in Maine. Sold it shortly after for a bigger car when the second child was born. Then I saw the concept at the NY Auto Show, I think around 2000. Waited ever since. Didn’t reserve until 02/21, ordered 03/21, still waiting.
Sponsored