Sponsored

Who wins, the Horse or the the Wrangler?

Broncococo

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly the Bronco and the Wrangler are the only two vehicles that compare to one another, period. Because of the tech you really can’t compare them to the old schools, it would be like arguing sports generation of players. The FJ cruiser was discontinued a long time ago, and didn’t even offer a sunroof. And the Land Rover Defender comparison? Try customizing a new Defender and let the forum know how that worked out for you (watch TFL on YouTube about them trying to get the dealer to install a winch specifically designed for the Defender, spoiler, they lost the defender). Is everyone forgetting one of the biggest reasons Jeeps earned its cult following, CUSTOMIZATION, and the ability to truly make your vehicle your own. Asked the aftermarket how college tuition Wrangler owners help them pay. I’ve probably owned upwards of 15 vehicles including a Wrangler, and trust me there is no experience like driving a vehicle without doors and/or a top. Put a kid in a Defender, Fj, 4Runner, etc....and then put them in a Wrangler with the doors and top removed, then let their face tell you if you should be shopping for a Bronco or something else. Hope Bronco is my sweet 16th, in my opinion it has improved over the Wrangler in many ways.

F720508B-1EE4-429B-AEE4-C3DDA6785063.jpeg

B34BD6B9-3BEA-4D1C-BA1D-7F23066CD481.jpeg
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is everyone forgetting one of the biggest reasons Jeeps earned its cult following, CUSTOMIZATION, and the ability to truly make your vehicle your own.
Well now I'm confused.... I can't tell you how many people I've come across around here that tell me the cult following comes from rock crawling.... and since the Bronco won't be as good at it, Jeep has nothing to worry about.

Yet you say it comes from CUSTOMIZATION (which btw, I tend to agree with ;), ie. 90% of Jeeps I see on road, built for the mall).

Anyways, that's my opinion for the day, carry on 😁

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In my opinion we all win. I totally agree that there is nothing better than driving with the top and doors off a rig. There are plenty of drivers out there for both vehicles. I have owned three CJ/Wranglers and still have one but went with a Bronco because I like it’s styling. Can’t wait to get the Bronco and hope it’s still warm when I do.

OP
OP
Broncococo

Broncococo

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well now I'm confused.... I can't tell you how many people I've come across around here that tell me the cult following comes from rock crawling.... and since the Bronco won't be as good at it, Jeep has nothing to worry about.

Yet you say it comes from CUSTOMIZATION (which btw, I tend to agree with ;), ie. 90% of Jeeps I see on road, built for the mall).

Yes, but built for a purpose 👍, parking lot sale days are brutal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncococo

Broncococo

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my opinion we all win. I totally agree that there is nothing better than driving with the top and doors off a rig. There are plenty of drivers out there for both vehicles. I have owned three CJ/Wranglers and still have one but went with a Bronco because I like it’s styling. Can’t wait to get the Bronco and hope it’s still warm when I do.
Yes the styling of the Bronco is cool, Ford stepped up and did it right.

OP
OP
Broncococo

Broncococo

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford already has the slogan, “Built Ford Tough,” they did not specify on the purpose 😊

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe some of them should get "Nordstrom" decals or something?

EDIT: "MALL RATED" = 16 malls, 35 shopping plazas, 62 cappuccino lattes in 3 months - receipts required for badge award.

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Idk bois but the Bronco is missing this:
Ford Bronco Who wins, the Horse or the the Wrangler? hh7
That was the best part about my '79. Dropping that screen - 2 whole knobs and it was done.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Idk bois but the Bronco is missing this:
Ford Bronco Who wins, the Horse or the the Wrangler? hh7
From what I've ever heard from the Jeep people I know... they don't even bother dropping the windshield.

And I don't like to be "that guy", but if a folded windshield means that much to ya, buy a Jeep.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what I've ever heard from the Jeep people I know... they don't even bother dropping the windshield.
Jeep has made it very annoying to drop the screen. There are somewhere around 8-10 bolts now where it used to be 2 big thumbscrews (one by each door), fold it, strap it to the hood so it didn't bounce. You could do it at a stoplight (maybe not the strap part though). Of course, at that time people knew that they didn't handle like sports cars so there were no warning labels required on them...

OP
OP
Broncococo

Broncococo

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe some of them should get "Nordstrom" decals or something?

EDIT: "MALL RATED" = 16 malls, 35 shopping plazas, 62 cappuccino lattes in 3 months - receipts required for badge award.
Retail therapy is a real thing, my bank statement says so😊, Mall Rated👍