Sponsored

Who would pay for custom factory colors?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
VW offered an incredible range of colors for the Golf R you could order from the factory for a $2,500 upcharge. I’m curious, in a fantasy world where Ford offered the same for the Bronco, would you pay it? And in a world where automotive profit margins are notoriously tight, why wouldn’t an automaker like Ford consider offering something like this to increase profits and generate additional excitement around a new halo product? I for one would pay $2,500 extra for a Bronco in Caribbean Green.

Ford Bronco Who would pay for custom factory colors? Large-8614-VolkswagenSpektrumProgramOffersCustomColorsfor2019GolfR
Sponsored

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can from ford its called VSB its mostly for fleets but it could be a group too ask dealer about it.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would. Upgraded from Base to Big Bend primarily for the Area 51 paint, which cost more than the $2,500 upcharge referenced above. This is probably the answer for "why" they don't offer it.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

VW offered an incredible range of colors for the Golf R you could order from the factory for a $2,500 upcharge. I’m curious, in a fantasy world where Ford offered the same for the Bronco, would you pay it? And in a world where automotive profit margins are notoriously tight, why wouldn’t an automaker like Ford consider offering something like this to increase profits and generate additional excitement around a new halo product? I for one would pay $2,500 extra for a Bronco in Caribbean Green.

Ford Bronco Who would pay for custom factory colors? IMG_1899 (1).JPG
Possibly, would have to be a color that really really knocked me down. Would be a cool idea though, definitely adds a fun factor to the product even if you don’t go that route.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have any idea how many more "Dealer wants $xxxx non-refundable for payment" threads that would cause??

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Who would pay for custom factory colors? 1612615251936

I’d be up for that if the color was right.
Sponsored