Sponsored

Whoa, Nellie! Avg monthly payment > $700.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My monthly payment is $674 for a 72-month $45k loan. I chose to do that because the interest rate is 2.5%, so it’s only costing me $3500 in interest over 6 years.

I would rather invest the money I could have put toward the down payment. Obviously the last three months are not great, but I believe it is the better decision in the long run.
Just curious...What did you invest the $3500 in? Stocks, bonds, Gold? Most folks that I have talked to and say they borrow because the rates are low, never put the savings into anything. In the long run they are out on both ends.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Obviously the last three months are not great, but I believe it is the better decision in the long run.
No kidding, my investments are down enough to pay for 4 or 5 Broncos (or 2-3 really tarted up ones)

New cars in the best of times are never a sound financial decision. Times are super weird right now. Normally it makes far more sense to let some other sucker take the depreciation hit and buy something a few years old.

I pulled out the $30k for my Bronco a year and a half ago. In retrospect, that was a good decision. I'll just write my Ford dealer a check for the whole thing.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah and I thought the possible $430/month payment was going to be a pain. (Been saving $450/month since I reserved, unfortunately I had a few emergencies I had to pay for. But hey I had the savings so)
Trying to be debt free before the Bronco arrives so other than my house I won't have any other debts.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1.59% financing with a $745/month payment. 72 month. Financed about 48k after 6k down and extended warranty. Paid msrp 12/2021, BD 4 door SAS. Sucks bad interest rates have jumped so much for everyone that’s been waiting. I just figured at the time, rates were so low it made sense to finance. Keep my money in the bank. To each their own, just make that payment!

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My monthly payment is $674 for a 72-month $45k loan. I chose to do that because the interest rate is 2.5%, so it’s only costing me $3500 in interest over 6 years.

I would rather invest the money I could have put toward the down payment. Obviously the last three months are not great, but I believe it is the better decision in the long run.
Exactly! I intended to put a down payment on it but when I got a 1.74% interest rate it no longer made sense to put the money into the car vs invest. Over 5 years I'm only paying ≈$2,500 in interest.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly! I intended to put a down payment on it but when I got a 1.74% interest rate it no longer made sense to put the money into the car vs invest. Over 5 years I'm only paying ≈$2,500 in interest.
My investments are shit right now, I’m glad I didn’t take this approach. I even thought about selling some stocks to just pay the whole thing off. I really wish I would have. I was able to save up a bit while I waited. Put 25.5k down, and still have a $900/mo payment for four years. 60k bronco + warranty + CA tax/license with a 2.49% interest rate. I have made 6 payments of 1k each so far, and in that time, the value of my investment accounts have dropped by more than the 6k I’ve made in payments. By not just paying it off to begin with, it feels like I’m paying double now.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My investments are shit right now, I’m glad I didn’t take this approach. I even thought about selling some stocks to just pay the whole thing off. I really wish I would have. I was able to save up a bit while I waited. Put 25.5k down, and still have a $900/mo payment for four years. 60k bronco + warranty + CA tax/license with a 2.49% interest rate. I have made 6 payments of 1k each so far, and in that time, the value of my investment accounts have dropped by more than the 6k I’ve made in payments. By not just paying it off to begin with, it feels like I’m paying double now.

If I'd had a crystal ball my investments would have been shorts. I had intended to set up some dividend and growth position but they are down ≈63% at this point it's a stay the course and wait for the market to come back to me. 🤷‍♂️

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn, that's crazy. I'm paying 230/ month, i can't imagine a 900 payment... my mortgage isn't even 900. Cali prices

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Damn, that's crazy. I'm paying 230/ month, i can't imagine a 900 payment... my mortgage isn't even 900. Cali prices
CA sales tax isn’t crazy compared to the average, but we do get jacked on registration. Looking back, if I would have got a base squatch, it would almost be paid off right now. And you don’t even want to think about CA housing prices. I pay over three times what you do for probably half the house that you have.

Sponsored

BroncoNS22

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
$700 or more per month in payments for one vehicle is insane for most Americans. I could afford $700 per month, but I can’t rationalize paying $700/month for 6-8 years. I’ll have my base bronco paid off in 4 years with a big downpayment and ~$350/month payments.
FOMO, YOLO, and low interest rates should not be enough to justify 700+ Per month for 8 years. Yikes.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
CA sales tax isn’t crazy compared to the average, but we do get jacked on registration. Looking back, if I would have got a base squatch, it would almost be paid off right now. And you don’t even want to think about CA housing prices. I pay over three times what you do for probably half the house that you have.
Basemansquatch FTW!

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never would have thought I would be fortunate to pay msrp for a new car, but here we are.
MSRP+ridiculously good trade-in+super low APY (4 months ago) = $100/month savings over previous truck payment.

Weird times for sure....
Sponsored