Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there has been a lot of discussion/complaints around the Bronco vs Bronco Sport naming issues, the motortrend article, the abundance of anecdotes among Bronco buyers about the lack of awareness among the uninitiated [read: everyone BUT B6G members] that the Bronco Sport is a different vehicle than the Bronco.

But I'm starting to hear/be told/see examples of people, significant others, spouses, friends who have bought a Bronco Sport not knowing that it wasn't the actual Bronco. Things like "oh he was so excited that they actually had one on the lot that he immediately bought it!" with a total disregard for what the person actually bought.

Which brings me to my question -

How many people out there have actually bought a Bronco Sport not realizing that it wasn't a Bronco? It probably seems insane to this group BUT I'd be willing to bet there is a large group of people who will start to realize as more and more Bronco's are being delivered and seen on the street.

I predict there would quickly be stages of denial, cognitive dissonance, followed by depression and eventual lease breaking.

I gotta be honest the vids of the stock Sport crawling up notable climbs in Moab are dope and I'm not saying that the Sport isn't cool in its own right... BUT don't ya think there will be a growing group of people who are half paying attention to the hype and got strung into buying the wrong one... and perhaps the dealers turning a blind eye cause well, why not move another Sport?

:LOL: me things I'm onto something.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco "Whoops I Bought the Wrong One?" - Tales of the Bronco Sport 200

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who buys a Bronco Sport by mistake is a total and complete moron

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100%. Have you driven lately? We're near anarchy. Maybe I should have gotten Squatch to get further away. Oh, and it should be noted that they vote. Based on Reddit.

Sponsored

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This makes a lot more sense than people understand. My father was a long time Bronco owner in the 80’s and 90’s and has since no use for a vehicle like that. He saw a Bronco Sport a few months ago and asked me when mine was coming. The Bronco Sport DOES say Bronco on the grill. It’s not a big stretch to imagine that people don’t know the difference.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In talking about the Bronco with friends, a few have said they have seen them on the road and are not impressed with them. Of course, they were talking about the sport.

So, I can see it happening.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had 2 friends say "I saw a bronco on the road and I wasn't impressed, its much smaller than a Wrangler".

I then send them these 2 photos. That's not me in the second photo. But it shows a size perspective next to an adult male. (though it looks like that guy isn't very tall)

Ford Bronco "Whoops I Bought the Wrong One?" - Tales of the Bronco Sport 1626811874692

Ford Bronco "Whoops I Bought the Wrong One?" - Tales of the Bronco Sport 1626811885957

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was honestly almost one of those people. I looked online saw the bronco sport and ultimately decided it was too small and not really an upgrade from the Nissan Rogue I currently drive. A few weeks went by and a friend was like what did you think of the bronco?! And I told them I wasn’t impressed they informed me I was looking at the wrong one. Order was place literally the next day after I saw the specs for the real bronco.

Sponsored

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had 2 friends say "I saw a bronco on the road and I wasn't impressed, its much smaller than a Wrangler".

I then send them these 2 photos. That's not me in the second photo. But it shows a size perspective next to an adult male. (though it looks like that guy isn't very tall)

Ford Bronco "Whoops I Bought the Wrong One?" - Tales of the Bronco Sport 1626811885957
I think that one belongs to @Rus-T

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

He'5'6". I remember that thread.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco "Whoops I Bought the Wrong One?" - Tales of the Bronco Sport 3AD5431B-6680-4B13-BC49-4B0CF7FE4A67
Sponsored