First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I call it a Mustang III... For fuck's sake Ford, you've already made that blunder once... twice counting Bronco II... now you do it again with the Bronco and Mustang... again? It's called history, most of us learn from it.
Except for the first three years, the Mustang II sold better than all the preceeding years, or since, so Lee Iacocca's little Mustang was a shining success.
The new Bronco is also much more closely related to the Bronco II than it is the '77-'79 or the '65-'77... It's lineage is from the BII fork of the family tree.
One could even argue the Bronco II was more faithful to the original than the F150 based stablemate, I would.
The new Bronco is little more than an evolution of the original '91 Explorer/Explorer Sport with removable doors and roof.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes it doesā€¦ā€¦it was a gross misuse of the Bronco name by Ford Marketing divisionā€¦ā€¦..what you own is a Ford Escape.
If you want to use that as a marker. Than I would say that the 4 door bronco is a gross misuse of the bronco name as well. Up until now the bronco has been a 2 door. So if Ford can make a 4 door than they can make a sport too. I have a 2021 2 door and a FE sport. And I can tell you it is not just an Escape.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had to close my moms account at the bank recently and had a conversation with the lady who assisted me. I told her about getting a new Bronco soon. I went back a week later to finish up the business I had and she said, "be sure and come back and see me when your Jeep comes in." :rolleyes: I said, "okay, I will". No need to explain....again.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I call it a Mustang III... For fuck's sake Ford, you've already made that blunder once... twice counting Bronco II... now you do it again with the Bronco and Mustang... again? It's called history, most of us learn from it.
They seem to have beaten it. They are selling more than they can make

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, Iā€™m ordering the vehicle I want. Itā€™s got throwback style that makes me happy. It will take me into the Nevada outback comfortably. The name Bronco checks a box in my head. But I could never understand why they dropped the Bronco name when they did. Order what makes you happy. Be happy when others order what makes them happy. People are simultaneously certain and thinned skinned, making an annoying combination. I did lose my shit when friends of mine started saying what a pos the Bronco is, followed by pictures of stuck Sports, so I get it but damn.

TMP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super Duty 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you want to use that as a marker. Than I would say that the 4 door bronco is a gross misuse of the bronco name as well. Up until now the bronco has been a 2 door. So if Ford can make a 4 door than they can make a sport too. I have a 2021 2 door and a FE sport. And I can tell you it is not just an Escape.
I agreeā€¦..the 4 door Bronco is a gross misuse of the Bronco nameā€¦..itā€™s a grocery getter. True Broncoā€™s have 2 doors. And the Sport is nothing more then a up scaled Escapeā€¦with slightly different suspension to get a small bit of lift over a stock Escapeā€¦..same engine/transmission as the Escape. When went to CarMax to sell our Edge before we got our 2 door Bronco there where 6 Escape Sports on the lotā€¦.all with under 1000 miles on themā€¦..somebody wasnā€™t happy with their purchase.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To everyone bashing the Sport saying itā€™s not a Bronco, what do my grill letters spell?

Ford Bronco "Whoops I Bought the Wrong One?" - Tales of the Bronco Sport images (5)

Thats what I thought: BRONCO!
Just like this is a Mustang....

Screenshot_20220104-202231_Chrome.jpg

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They might as well have named the Ranger an F-150 Sport. There's nothing wrong with the Bronco Sport or the Mustang Mach-E, they just should've been Branded differently. They're not in the same category as a Bronco or a Mustang.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agreeā€¦..the 4 door Bronco is a gross misuse of the Bronco nameā€¦..itā€™s a grocery getter. True Broncoā€™s have 2 doors. And the Sport is nothing more then a up scaled Escapeā€¦with slightly different suspension to get a small bit of lift over a stock Escapeā€¦..same engine/transmission as the Escape.
Ford would never have built the 2 dr. Bronco without the 4 Dr., the Bronco Sports success, the Ranger, and the Escapes sales leadership over the last decade. No Sport, no 4dr., definitely no 2dr. Check your 2 Dr. supremacy at the door.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They might as well have named the Ranger an F-150 Sport. There's nothing wrong with the Bronco Sport or the Mustang Mach-E, they just should've been Branded differently. They're not in the same category as a Bronco or a Mustang.
Ranger was an F100 trim level, Wildtrak is a Ranger trim level in Australia, as was Sport an Explorer trim level. Ford has a history of making models out of trim names.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F150's and Silverado's all were originally 2 doors. Does this mean that the current versions are no longer f150 and Silverado? Asking for a friend.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe if you where drunk and high at the same time. Maybe, just maybe the dealer convinced you the Sport was the only one at the time. Anyway i think its stupid question to ask and even more stupid if someone actually admits to this mistake. Blame FORD for the confusion and also calling the Mach E a Mustang. Itā€™s not.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will also give you this video over and over.
Didnā€™t a Kia Sorrento climb that? My wife drives a Kia Sorrento. It has 2 kids seats and a sticker outline of a dachshund.
Sponsored