D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So for the others with built softops that have gone MIA, have your dealers been any help in trying to see if there is a way to trace the VIN to see where things stand? My dealer did not offer much help - but it may be because there isn’t anything Ford can or is willing to do.

My guess (and this is a total guess) is that with so many built MIC tops being sent to dirt mountain that some soft top builds were sent there by mistake and there they sit. They are not being shipped because they are not in a yard with the other built and released Broncos. My fear is that the missing soft tops will not get addressed until “discovered” as Ford works their way through the MIC top replacements.
I’m afraid of this exact same thing. And no info from my dealer or anyone. I even emailed the GM of western US and hasn’t emailed me back.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the plan is to replace them in order of build date, meaning the bronco that has been on dirt mountain longest will receive a 2.0 MIC top first
was that you editorializing about 'dirt mountain'....or did they actually reference it that way?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would be nice if they're just tell us what's up with our soft tops.

HUBB

Big Bend
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been a soft-top abandoned child in production purgatory since 7/16. Who else is sitting in purgatory as a soft top with me? Does anyone have suggestions on how to get Ford Corp to do something?

OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

was that you editorializing about 'dirt mountain'....or did they actually reference it that way?
Sorta both, they referenced it as a “holding area”, but after I called it dirt mountain the guy did laugh and thereafter called it “dirt mountain”

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been a soft-top abandoned child in production purgatory since 7/16. Who else is sitting in purgatory as a soft top with me? Does anyone have suggestions on how to get Ford Corp to do something?
Oh, you funny.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I called the ford customer service line and confirmed this yesterday with both the initial customer service agent and his supervisor who sounded to be reading off a communication email they had. However keep in mind they (customer service) have given out incorrect information in the past but here’s what I was told:

MIC top replacement is as follows; vehicles in production first then replacing tops that have already been delivered to customers

Then when I asked about the order of replacement tops within the “in production” group I was told:

the plan is to replace them in order of build date, meaning the bronco that has been on dirt mountain longest will receive a 2.0 MIC top first and once all the built units are replaced they’ll start building MIC 2.0 units (pretty well all FE) on the assembly line

Finally confirming:

lastly once the MIC 2.0 is operating at full speed on the assembly line any additional tops from supplier will be routed to dealerships for the warranty replacement program

I was on the phone for about 30 minutes complaining (politely) about the lack of emails, swag, and general poor communication in Canada, so maybe they were just trying to tell me anything to get me off the phone?
"Operating at full speed" are we ahead of schedule boys and girls??? Of course, we all want to remain cautiously optimistic....

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Operating at full speed" are we ahead of schedule boys and girls??? Of course, we all want to remain cautiously optimistic....
LOL, any evidence of that would have already leaked out into the public, don't you think. Has anyone seen a v2.0 MIC top... No? Then it doesn't exist... as soon as one exists, I promise you that Ford is going to not be able to hide it, nor should they want to hide it.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL, any evidence of that would have already leaked out into the public, don't you think. Has anyone seen a v2.0 MIC top... No? Then it doesn't exist... as soon as one exists, I promise you that Ford is going to not be able to hide it, nor should they want to hide it.
I have no idea what Ford would or would not hide at this point to be honest. The idea that V 2.0 is cranking at full speed currently is better than "you'll probably see it in November/December". Obviously that doesn't make it any more or less true, who knows?

Debs

Black Diamond
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Excursion, 2006 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A handful of pages ago, I mentioned that my dealer said my 2 door that was built on 7/23 had a scheduled delivery date somewhere between 8/25 and 8/30 (I think). I went by the dealership this past Friday to schedule some service on my two other vehicles and the sales guy came rushing outside saying, “delivery date is early-the 21st!” so I skeptically said, “like tomorrow the 21st?” And he said yes and he was super excited. I had already come to terms with the fact I probably won’t see my Bronco until late this year so I didn’t believe him, but I have to admit that a small part of me thought it might just be possible.

Fast forward to yesterday the 23rd and I get a call from Mr. Excited Pants and he tells me the Bronco is in Kansas City in a rail yard but they’re holding it there to perform a top inspection because of the MIC issues and he would be calling me with an update ASAP.

Is this guy just full of bologna or what? I’m almost certain it never left dirt mountain and he doesn’t want to admit that, even though I’ve made it clear that I’m fully aware of the MIC situation and not upset by it at all. 🙄

Thanks for letting me vent. 😂 I’ll just be over here waiting for his phone call that says “oops it didn’t pass inspection so it’s going back to the factory”.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
he tells me the Bronco is in Kansas City in a rail yard but they’re holding it there to perform a top inspection because of the MIC issues and he would be calling me with an update ASAP.
yeah....this is pretty normal. They've run out of space at dirt mountain so Ford has 800-900 Broncos on rail cars just wandering around the country. Whenever the rail conductor pulls over to pee, they go back & inspect them to see if the MIC has spontaneously healed itself.

Debs

Black Diamond
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Excursion, 2006 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah....this is pretty normal. They've run out of space at dirt mountain so Ford has 800-900 Broncos on rail cars just wandering around the country. Whenever the rail conductor pulls over to pee, they go back & inspect them to see if the MIC has spontaneously healed itself.
Yeah I had to work really hard to not laugh at him. I even said something along the lines of “oh gosh I sure hope it passes inspection 😆”.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
the chicken littles are NOT going to want to hear that. 🤣

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh...There was a post somewhere here today showing what "may" be a 2.0 top. It had very nice clean rounded edges and zero snakeskin.
Been trying to find it to quote it here. 🤦‍♂️

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ugh...There was a post somewhere here today showing what "may" be a 2.0 top. It had very nice clean rounded edges and zero snakeskin.
Been trying to find it to quote it here. 🤦‍♂️
Where is that post? Would love to see it.
Sponsored