David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe that customer recall letter applies to MIC Broncos that shipped and will get field replacements. My guess is that no MIC Broncos built after 7/21 shipped. This would would be the thread to know... am I right?
Yea come to think of it I do not think we have had anyone here with a MIC Top built after 7/21 that has shipped
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So let me get this straight! My July 21st build of a 2 door base is going to sit in a dirt lot till the end of the year with a top that might be leaking?
Well according to Ford the failures are only cosmetic and don't affect performance.*

*Take with a bucket of salt.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. Unbelievable, isn't it? Based on what's been posted re: schedule, our July builds will be sitting unstarted, unprotected, and unwashed, in the Michigan weather, with bad roofs, for 4-5 months. With no compensation (other than what was announced months ago). Can't be good for lots of the parts.
Hmmm who's the battery supplier and are they traded publicly? AGM batteries don't like to sit untended for extended periods of time. They could have a banner year.

BDBrian1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup. Unbelievable, isn't it? Based on what's been posted re: schedule, our July builds will be sitting unstarted, unprotected, and unwashed, in the Michigan weather, with bad roofs, for 4-5 months. With no compensation (other than what was announced months ago). Can't be good for lots of the parts.
And a Ford executive thought this was a good idea! You can’t make this shit up!!!!

BDBrian1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well according to Ford the failures are only cosmetic and don't affect performance.*

*Take with a bucket of salt.
Ford will say anything at this point! Unbelievable!

Sponsored

brettf22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And a Ford executive thought this was a good idea! You can’t make this shit up!!!!
They simply did a financial analysis. What's the cost of shipping out new roofs to 2200+ bad batch builds, vs. cost of storing and "maintaining" 2200+ builds for 4-5 months. Obviously, their calculations showed that storing and maintaining was more cost effective. To Ford, at least.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They simply did a financial analysis. What's the cost of shipping out new roofs to 2200+ bad batch builds, vs. cost of storing and "maintaining" 2200+ builds for 4-5 months. Obviously, their calculations showed that storing and maintaining was more cost effective. To Ford, at least.
But if they shipped them, they coulda booked the sales!! That's no small thing.....tough choice they had to make on that one. They must be hopeful that they can fulfill those roofs quickly.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This part was interesting:

1628781425059.png

As a 7/22 Blend Date and supposedly produced, i wonder how this will pan out for me. No official built email from Ford, but my dealer said i have been produced and guessing I'm on Dirt Mountain right now.
Maybe 7/22 and after were built with MIC V2? 😂😂😂 pipe dream of course

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, one of the lies told. Soft tops NOT affected? Then send them!!!!!!!
It occurs to me that something other than the top is probably your problem, like the engine fell out on the ground and they're trying to put it back in. With hand tools. And a pickaxe.

Sponsored

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The guy that was over the 2015 mustang build is now over ford performance. The guy over the Bronco release is selling used yugos in Russia I bet

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They really need to just release them and we can let the dealer replace the top, for the love of god!
Remember this: God loves you. Ford does not.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But if they shipped them, they coulda booked the sales!! That's no small thing.....tough choice they had to make on that one. They must be hopeful that they can fulfill those roofs quickly.
If they ship them they incur a lot more cost and risk because they will then have to ship the tops to dealers and rely on dealers/mechanics to do the glass swap etc.

Risk of shipping damage, mechanic error, etc. is much greater.

As annoying as it is I can understand why they are delaying shipping the "bad batch"

Last edited:

brettf22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You would think that realizing $100M+ in revenue would be a huge incentive to get those things of the lot, right?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This part was interesting:

1628781425059.png

As a 7/22 Blend Date and supposedly produced, i wonder how this will pan out for me. No official built email from Ford, but my dealer said i have been produced and guessing I'm on Dirt Mountain right now.
I was thinking that too. If you're built after 7/21 (I'm 7/23) you're OK. BUT, rereading: That is a notification to dealers about what to do with shipped vehicles. My guess is they shipped no MICs after 7/21 and those built after that, until current date, still have the problem, just weren't shipped, so I think I'm still screwed.
Sponsored