Sponsored

Who's bought a vehicle sight unseen before?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
C5 is nice. Underrated these days. Nice, simple approach and loads of fun to drive. I had a 2004 triple black convertible with a manual transmission. It was a blast.
Yeah, "only" ~345 HP at the crank stock which seemed like a lot at the time but is nothing compared to what is rolling out from the factory these days (from all of the makers). Added LG stainless long tube headers and a few other goodies but still all stock internals; got it dyno'd at ~350 HP to the rear wheels. Z06 wheels/tires and it makes for a nice track-day car but still drives great in the city. Also the only car I ever bought where the *manual* was extra, LOL.
Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Custom ordered 3 cars before
Awesome every time, and I got to cheap out and order very few options to keep the cars simple dependable and long lasting. No setting for the expensive ones on the dealership lots.

BlackSVT

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M2 Comp, 2015 Wrangler. 2013 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hadn't really thought about it in a while, but I guess I've almost made it a lifestyle ;) I ordered all of these sight unseen, and not a stinker in the bunch. WTF, may as well continue the trend with the Bronco

89 LX 5.0 - ordered before I graduated, never having driven one. Alright, yeah, I was a Mustang guy... Wish I still had this one.
96 SVT Cobra - had a deposit for months before order banks opened. I loved the idea of this car, but coming from the modified 89, this was just underwhelming. No issues at all, but it didn't have quite the upside I'd hoped for.
'02 SVT Focus - another deposit before orders taken deal. I LOVED this car. Drove it for 120k and still got almost half what I paid for it when I sold it
'13 Q5 3.0T - Waited 6 months for this one. Ordered before any had hit the States. Loved the idea of a small crossover w/the mod-friendly supercharged V6 (an old man hot-hatch) . 130k miles, now pushing 500hp and tons of mods later, possibly my favorite stealth flyer of everything I've owned.
'19 M2 Competition - Had an allocation and ordered the day order banks opened. Fantastic driving, drifting, screwing off, small car! Love this thing, but I think I've tapped out on the "more HP!" and my GF's Wrangler gets all of my mod attention now.

I'm selling off, switching gears and going with a Wildtrack Bronco next now that I don't need to drive massive miles for work. Heading back to Ford after an ~8 year break

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nearly every car I’ve purchased has been sight unseen. Most of them have been somewhat difficult to find older cars and trucks that I had to travel for.

I have no reservations buying the Bronco sight unseen. I want it, and it should be a great vehicle.

CT-Man

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How does it work though if, let's say, you don't like the truck? I'm just wondering because I've only bought new off the lot before. If I order it, and it comes, and I drive it and don't like it, is it too late to back out of the deal? I kind of expect that, but I was reading some other posts and I think someone said you have like a few days to decide.

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2016 fusion from overseas ordered it to be delivered stateside

OP
OP
Lowcountry Bronco

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How does it work though if, let's say, you don't like the truck? I'm just wondering because I've only bought new off the lot before. If I order it, and it comes, and I drive it and don't like it, is it too late to back out of the deal? I kind of expect that, but I was reading some other posts and I think someone said you have like a few days to decide.
As far as I know you can back out of the deal, the dealer will just have a new Bronco to sell to the public.

MIG1963

Badlands
First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't think this has been asked before, if it's a repeat then my apologies. So odds are for most us that the first time we drive a new Bronco it'll be when we drive our own away from the dealer.

Question is has anyone ever done this before and how did it turn out?

My story is that I have, twice. First was in Germany, ordered a US spec BMW 318ti strictly off of magazine reviews, I did love it though, fun car and it was everything the reviews said it was! Second was in Texas when my oldest was getting her license at 16. There was really nothing she wanted and Texas is all about trucks and they're proud of them at what they were asking but there was a used Rav4 she liked but didn't like the color so I asked what color she wanted then proceeded to look on the internet. Found the right one in SC at a Ford dealer of all places (didn't live here then) and had it shipped to Texas. She had the little Toyota for 6 or 7 years, great car and it was seriously in great shape.

That's my story, one new and one used both good endings.
My 2012 Boss 302
My 2016 Porsche Spyder

In both cases, read every review first. Not disappointed.

RACLARKJR

Outer Banks
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer 2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1994 Explorer. I never even sat in one, just pulled the trigger and ordered it. Was a great vehicle.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought a 2003 F150 Lightning. The price was insane, $16k in 2010 for a 30k mile truck with no mods. Guy was having a kid and needed it gone quick, like in a day because his replacement vehicle had other offers and he needed the money *NOW*... best purchase I ever made

Sponsored

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda... I've driven Jeeps before, and test drove the 20 JLUR, but then we ordered ours, and got a color we had never seen before. They didn't even have a sample online or at the dealership. But I figured we couldn't go wrong with Sarge Green :LOL: It was a great choice! I cannot wait to get my hands on my Bronco, and my GF gets the Jeep full time.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2016 Subaru Outback
2012 Triumph T100 110 yr anniversary edition. Randomly saw it in an email, called my dealer and they had to call Triumph NA to see if what I was saying was true. #148, They only have 250 for the states.
2005 LJ Sahara Edition Unlimited Rubicon with the ripstop seats. Awesome jeep, never had the back seat in, the top was off all Cali summer. Wish the Bronco had that color option.

Last edited:

ThePayola

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve done it four times, not including the Bronco: 2 BMWs, a MINI and an Audi. All were pre-owned, which made it considerably riskier than buying a new car from a manufacturer/dealer with a warranty. Fortunately, they all worked out great.

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't think this has been asked before, if it's a repeat then my apologies. So odds are for most us that the first time we drive a new Bronco it'll be when we drive our own away from the dealer.

Question is has anyone ever done this before and how did it turn out?

My story is that I have, twice. First was in Germany, ordered a US spec BMW 318ti strictly off of magazine reviews, I did love it though, fun car and it was everything the reviews said it was! Second was in Texas when my oldest was getting her license at 16. There was really nothing she wanted and Texas is all about trucks and they're proud of them at what they were asking but there was a used Rav4 she liked but didn't like the color so I asked what color she wanted then proceeded to look on the internet. Found the right one in SC at a Ford dealer of all places (didn't live here then) and had it shipped to Texas. She had the little Toyota for 6 or 7 years, great car and it was seriously in great shape.

That's my story, one new and one used both good endings.
Never have and never will. Ford needs to come through with the on site demo rigs for me to become a buyer.
Sponsored