Sponsored

Who's bought a vehicle sight unseen before?

scviduli

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is anyone concerned about unforeseen early problems with the first generation that may pop up? I love the idea of being able to custom order exactly what I want without dealer markups but I also am hesitant about buying a 40k vehicle that hasn't been mass tested before. I'm debating about waiting for a mid model update or 2022 model. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
2017 Raptor. Ordered the day order banks opened in June, built in October and didn't get delivered until January. Long process much like what's going on here today. A lot of excitement back then because there hadn't been a Raptor produced since 2014 at that time. Fantastic vehicle that was ultimately totaled and replaced with a 2019 Raptor.
I'm not a truck guy but boy are those some cool rigs. Do you actually go offroading with it?

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a truck guy but boy are those some cool rigs. Do you actually go offroading with it?
I took the opportunity to fly out to Salt Lake City and take the Raptor Assault class, which was fantastic. I also use it off road when scouting for ducks during duck season here in Arkansas. Not really Baja but definitely off road. It's easily the most capable vehicle I've ever been in.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
About 13 years ago, I wanted a VW GTI and the Vegas dealer wanted a $2000 markup because the availability was low and demand was high. I found the exact model, package, color in Phoenix for slightly under list price.

Over the internet I was quoted trade in value on my car sight unseen. I drove to Phoenix, my new car was parked in front of store waiting on me. Did a five minute test drive and 30 minutes later I was driving away in my new car. Easiest car purchase ever. I even asked for tinted windows and we split the cost, it was done before I picked it up.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bought a 2004 Audi S4 V8 right when they came out. Black on black 6 speed. I had the first one in Nor Cal. Some guy ordered it and canceled since he couldn’t afford it anymore. Saw at local dealer and the salesman was a total jerk. Told me I couldn’t drive it, start it or anything. Said I better buy it right away as it would be gone fast. I left since he was a jerk. Came back the next day and bought it from another sales guy. Came back 2 days later to pick it up and the jerk was there. Sees me coming and says “I told you to buy it. Now it’s sold.” I said I know I’m the one that bought it. Priceless look on his face. LOVED that car. Chipped, down pipes cat back, cold air, loaded it up and tracked it. Kept it for over 10 years. No regrets!!!
Ford Bronco Who's bought a vehicle sight unseen before? 00661532-0CB3-4B41-B6AE-48AB3565D16E

Last edited:

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve done it. Typically do enough research where my mind is made up by the time I’m ready to buy.

the only vehicle I have ever been turned off by a test drive was a 2 door wrangler.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow now that i think of it quite a few😮

Alot of bad can happen ,its like a blind date could go bad or be super fun!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

bought my 2015 F30 335i that way. was shopping for E90 M3's when i ran across it at a dealer in atlanta. Was a preproduction 2015 made in early 2014 and used for display and road tests for the likes of Car and Driver apparently. I found it as a 3 yr old car with 1800 miles on the clock. recognized the oddball options list right away and bought it and told them to immediately throw it on a truck for Phx. 6 long days later and I'm toodling around in the only white interior, 6MT, 335i MSport on the planet.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
'78 Econoline, '91 Silverado, '04 F250, 2/3 factory ordered...

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2018 Tesla model 3, 2020 Tesla model y

BroncoAbe

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2017 BMW M2. Similar to this process, I looked at all of the forums, read As much as I could, and almost 4 years later, I’m still in love.

waited 8 months for it to be built, there was a website where I could watch a dot (cargo ship) bring my car across the ocean, and followed it every step of the way.

aside from the salesperson screwing up the options I wanted, it has been an incredible ride! Hopefully the same with the bronco!

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my second tour in Japan, I purchased a 2009 Honda Fit Mugen edition through a store called Gulliver's. I had all of the paperwork done and the loan in hand when my ship had to perform an emergency port shift. The radiation from Fukushima rose to levels that were not anticipated, so we buttoned up the ship and moved our SRA to Sasebo and I had to cancel the deal with the car. I hadn't paid yet, so no loss, but MAN I wanted to drive that car for the next few years. It was even painted the same Electron Blue as the US market Civic SI from 1999. This Bronco will be the first completely sight unseen without being able to drive it or see it before committing. I have a strong feeling I will be completely satisfied.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
20201125_162932.jpg

Preordered a 2010 in 2009 . Pulls wheelies @ 143 mph in 4th gear with out trying . 192 mph out of the box . BMW Formula F-1 top end .
20201125_162932.jpg
NO REGRETS .
Sponsored