Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope, it's super easy.

Hell we swapped both roofs and had the roof rack mounted within an hour.
Did you have any issues with the rear rail on the roof rack? I have a 2 door and installed the side rails (pretty simple), but the rear cross rail does not line up correctly. I know I have the crossbar in the correct position, because of the contour of the rail, and the screws line up with the holes. But when I get one side screwed in, the screws on the other side just fall short of lining up. I loosened the side rails so I could get all 4 screws in, but then it pulls the side rails in toward the center, and the clamping part of the rear rails are short of reaching the edge of the roof. I took the entire rack off, assembled it on the ground, then put it on the roof and I have the same issue, the 2 rear clamping feet on the side rails do not line up. One will go on and the other falls just short and does not make the edge of the roof.

I have watched a couple of videos of the install, and it looks pretty simple. It looks like the rear rail goes on easy. I called the dealer and they were no help. I scheduled an appointment so they could take a look at it. I wonder if my rear rail may have a bigger bend in it that is causing my issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sherpa11

Sherpa11

Raptor
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 bronco, 2021 first edition, 2023 bronco raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i didnt have any issue at all with mine. went together pretty much like clockwork.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have any issues with the rear rail on the roof rack? I have a 2 door and installed the side rails (pretty simple), but the rear cross rail does not line up correctly. I know I have the crossbar in the correct position, because of the contour of the rail, and the screws line up with the holes. But when I get one side screwed in, the screws on the other side just fall short of lining up. I loosened the side rails so I could get all 4 screws in, but then it pulls the side rails in toward the center, and the clamping part of the rear rails are short of reaching the edge of the roof. I took the entire rack off, assembled it on the ground, then put it on the roof and I have the same issue, the 2 rear clamping feet on the side rails do not line up. One will go on and the other falls just short and does not make the edge of the roof.

I have watched a couple of videos of the install, and it looks pretty simple. It looks like the rear rail goes on easy. I called the dealer and they were no help. I scheduled an appointment so they could take a look at it. I wonder if my rear rail may have a bigger bend in it that is causing my issue.
Try reversing the rear crossbar

B-Dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Try reversing the rear crossbar
Hi Rick - thanks for the response. I've tried reversing and it does not work that way either. Plus the contour of rail won't match the forward rail or the cover contour. I'm pretty sure I've got the rail facing the correct direction. I've included some pictures to show that my rail just doesn't seem to match up correctly. The pictures show both the passenger and driver's side. When the screws are lined up for the passenger side, they don't line up on the driver's side, and vice versa. When I do get them all in, the rear rail pulls the side rails too close I can't batten down the clamps that hold the side rails to the rear of the roof.
Ford Bronco Who's built and installed a factory roof rack?  need opinions on my 2 options in_pass side
Ford Bronco Who's built and installed a factory roof rack?  need opinions on my 2 options out drivers side

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a take-off from a local Bronco owner. Easy assembly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sherpa11

Sherpa11

Raptor
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 bronco, 2021 first edition, 2023 bronco raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
please don't take offense here just trying to cover every possibility, but did you make sure you did everything in the correct order? if i remember correctly i don't think i really tightened anything down fully until i had it all fitting together. you seem like you worked this from every which way though so you might just have a warped or bent rail.

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm it does look like you have the orientation of the rear bar correct. Can you put the whole rack together and then drop it in place then tighten up the hooks with the triangle tool?

B-Dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

please don't take offense here just trying to cover every possibility, but did you make sure you did everything in the correct order? if i remember correctly i don't think i really tightened anything down fully until i had it all fitting together. you seem like you worked this from every which way though so you might just have a warped or bent rail.
No offense taken, but if I am missing something really simple on this install, it will be a blow to my self esteem. The first attempt at installing, i had tightened the side rails down first, front and back. When I couldn't get the rear rail screws in, I loosened everything up and was able to manipulate it enough to get the rear rail screws in. When I did that though, I couldn't get the side rails seated in the rear. If I got one side seated correctly, the other side did not line up. The rear cross bar pulled the rail in too close to the center of the roof, so I can't clamp down that side. I disassembled and reassembled on the ground and had the same issue with seating the rear of the side rails.

B-Dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm it does look like you have the orientation of the rear bar correct. Can you put the whole rack together and then drop it in place then tighten up the hooks with the triangle tool?
Yes - i tried that too and had the same result. the rear cross bar pulled the side rails in toward the center of the roof, so the rear side rails can't be seated properly to be clamped down. When one side is seated (still loose and not tightened with the triangle tool) the opposite side falls short of sitting in the correct position.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a thread someplace on here where somebody ordered one from Amazon, for about $300, and the OP said they couldn't tell the diff from the factory piece.

INFO: my salesman told me to drop the roof rack from my order, so I could get my damn truck in under two years.

I asked him WhyTF is that?!?
He said because they're made in...... Guangzhou.
Your mileage will probably vary...

Sponsored

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - i tried that too and had the same result. the rear cross bar pulled the side rails in toward the center of the roof, so the rear side rails can't be seated properly to be clamped down. When one side is seated (still loose and not tightened with the triangle tool) the opposite side falls short of sitting in the correct position.
So fully assembled and both clamps open all the way and they won’t slide down into the grooves? Are you sure you have to clamps open all the way?

B-Dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So fully assembled and both clamps open all the way and they won’t slide down into the grooves? Are you sure you have to clamps open all the way?
Sorry - i had it backwards. When I get the rear cross bar in place, it pushes the footings outwards (not inward as i previously stated). I included the pic trying to illustrate the issue.
Ford Bronco Who's built and installed a factory roof rack?  need opinions on my 2 options out pass side edit

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took a measurement of the installed rack. Not sure if this is helpful

0A902080-493D-4271-AB68-635BD90E87FB.jpeg

B-Dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I took a measurement of the installed rack. Not sure if this is helpful

Ford Bronco Who's built and installed a factory roof rack?  need opinions on my 2 options 0A902080-493D-4271-AB68-635BD90E87FB
Thanks again for posting. It looks like my rails are the same distance.
Ford Bronco Who's built and installed a factory roof rack?  need opinions on my 2 options Rack Measurement
Sponsored