The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely will be interesting to see what people do with it, though without dropping some serious cash on that suspension it will be like having a flying brick at 7x14 feet dimensions and 11" of clearance.
Its only 8.4 inches of clearance with the 30 inch tires on the Base. And its no more of a brick in my opinion then the Dodge Challenger. That thing is a boat especially the Wide Body. I know i owned one.
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its only 8.4 inches of clearance with the 30 inch tires on the Base. And its no more of a brick in my opinion then the Dodge Challenger. That thing is a boat especially the Wide Body. I know i owned one.
Absolutely, but what is the stock ground height on a Challenger (5"). I'm all for modding it but I'd want to lower it some.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Absolutely, but what is the stock ground height on a Challenger (5"). I'm all for modding it but I'd want to lower it some.
Probably. Obviously it won't be exactly the same. But I'd want to keep the 8.4 for winter driving clearance. I wouldn't be looking to make this the fastest vehicle in the world. Just a good all around Hot Rod truck with the best of both worlds.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably. Obviously it won't be exactly the same. But I'd want to keep the 8.4 for winter driving clearance. I wouldn't be looking to make this the fastest vehicle in the world. Just a good all around Hot Rod truck with the best of both worlds.
Yeah so IMHO you can definitely get considerable power out of it given the 2.7 tunes that already exist (saying nothing for if you want to go with something like Tyrant and begin getting custom).

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the record im probably not going this route. Or am I? Really its just another option to drive myself crazy thinking about. ?

Let's see. Im either going

1) Base + Sasquatch

2) Black Diamond

3) Base + Hot Rod 2.7+ Auto + Tune

Ahhhhhhh...??

Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i mean a bronco will have more tire room than a challenger, dont stock body challengers have tire size issues in the rear?

But i am likely going Base 2.7/Auto Sasquatch since i dont think that the $7k difference between the base and black diamond is worth it.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
i mean a bronco will have more tire room than a challenger, dont stock body challengers have tire size issues in the rear?

But i am likely going Base 2.7/Auto Sasquatch since i dont think that the $7k difference between the base and black diamond is worth it.
Yes regular Challengers do. Wide body Challengers don't.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not one for lowering trucks, but I can say this: as long as you are talking just lowering an inch or two on springs or mild coilovers, and keep the same tire size, you won't lose any of your 8.4" ground clearance. Unlike a unibody sports car, where your bumper/front splitter is often the low point, on the Bronco your clearance is limited by the differential and rear shock mounts, not the bumper and bodywork.

The opposite is true as well, you won't gain any ground clearance from a suspension lift, you can only get that from increased tire diameter.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With everyone talking about the new Bronco mainly for Off Roading i haven't heard anyone talking about making it a Hot Rod.

I think there's a ton of potential here. Especially with the Base model 2 door with 2.7 twin turbo and 10 speed auto options.

Instead of purchasing the Sasquatch package you can take that extra money and put it towards tuning or if you really want tons of power upgrade the turbos, intake and cooling.

They did it here in the F 150 and got massive gains. Over 540hp and torque to the wheels. And since the Bronco is smaller and lighter It would be a lot faster then the F 150. I think it could easily be in the 11s.

I think in the end it would be awesome. You can have a cool Hot Rod and cruise with the top off. This Bronco would tear up the streets, the strip, and the dunes. This Bronco has so much potential. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tf...rd-f-150-2-7l-ecoboost-v6-stage-3-tuning/amp/
Too much speed on a heavy, high center of gravity vehicle with large sidewall tires will likely end up putting that factory roll cage to use the very first time you try to take a corner.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Too much speed on a heavy, high center of gravity vehicle with large sidewall tires will likely end up putting that factory roll cage to use the very first time you try to take a corner.
You wouldn't be using large sidewall tires in a Hot Rod set up.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I look at the 2 door Base exactly how it is in this picture from Ford it just screams Hot Rod to me. Even right down the the 16 inch steelies.

All it needs is the 2.7 under the hood with tuning. And or other engine upgrades. Thats it.

Ford Bronco Who's going the Hot Rod route? 16971866101_b5ae8a257e_o
I knew that stock Base Bronco photo reminded me of something and this thread made it pop...Bob Falfa's (Harrison Ford) Chevy in American Graffiti, not the rodded one used in most the movie, but the stand in sedan with the silver painted steelies they torched in the last scene!

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
0-60 guesses for a stock 2dr with 2.7?

I'd think about 6-6.3

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Who's going the Hot Rod route? CC877808-6962-4B17-9EA6-DACB6BFDA37F

I’d rather start with this.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
0-60 guesses for a stock 2dr with 2.7?

I'd think about 6-6.3
Don't know. Should be interesting. But tuned will be an entirely different ball game all together.
Sponsored