Sponsored

Who's going to 2022 Bronco Super Celebration East in April?

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does now ……and the only way it will change is if the people putting on the show restrict who attends.
Like I said, it's not the 21'/22' broncos. There are bronco folks, and then there are folks who own broncos. Both were in attendance last year, it wasn't hard to distinguish the difference. You're not one of folks showing up in a 21'/22' bronco that I'm referring to I can promise you.
Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I parked my Bronco on Monday due to concern over the engine dropping a valve. It has not blown yet; however, I have 2,165 miles on it so it could be any day.

FORD continues to screw all of us, no matter what stage of the process we are in.
Are you having issues that makes you think it’s about to happen? What are they?

I drove my 2 door 75/80 mph to Michigan and back yesterday. I’ve got 2222 miles on mine. It’s under warranty so I am not concerned. If it blows up they will replace it. Was your Bronco built in a certain timeframe where all the 2.7’s are blowing up?

Last edited:

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are you having issues that makes you think it’s about to happen? What are they?

I drove my 2 door 75/80 mph to Michigan and back yesterday. I’ve got 2000 miles on mine. It’s under warranty so I am not concerned. If it blows up they will replace it. Was your Bronco built in a certain timeframe where all the 2.7’s are blowing up?
Yes, it is in the timeframe. Majority have no indication prior to blown motor.

I have driven it 85/95 mph for 2 hours without a problem; however the number of 2.7 that have blown (34 documented on Bronco6g) makes me think twice. I would rather wait and see (by not driving it) than deal with the whole replace my motor dance with FORD and a dealer. I prefer a localized fix to whatever the issue is vs destroying the heart of my Bronco.

I got other transportation. Bronco is supposed to be fun, worrying about a blown motor while driving = not fun.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've never been to one. Is it worthwhile to attend for only one day? Who knows when my 22 order will arrive and my 73 is in the process of being restored, so I'll be Broncoless...

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never been to one. Is it worthwhile to attend for only one day? Who knows when my 22 order will arrive and my 73 is in the process of being restored, so I'll be Broncoless...
If you are a Bronco fan it is worth attending I suggest Saturday it seems to be the busiest day.

Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, I went for one day last two years and it was totally worth it. I did not have a bronco either time. Plenty of restored Broncos to see and this year should have a ton of new ones as well. They have a swap meet area as well if you are looking for parts. Great place to network Bronco style.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This mindset, while not very surprising, is going to turn some people off from coming, or coming back next year. Maybe that's what you want though?
No not at all, I clearly stated my reasons. Is it possible for an event to get so big it can't be enjoyed? I think we're on the verge in Townsend. Super Celebration has always run smoothly and Tom his crew have always done a fantastic job. Bronco Nations presence and crowd there last year front and center took away from the Super Celebration "feel".

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I attended for a day the last 2 years. I mainly went down for the new Broncos. The classic Broncos were just icing on the cake for me. Both years my dad has went down with me and will be doing so again this year.

The 10/20 Celebration was the first time seeing a 21 in-person.

Ford Bronco Who's going to 2022 Bronco Super Celebration East in April? 1644504510171

Ford Bronco Who's going to 2022 Bronco Super Celebration East in April? 1644504569807

Ford Bronco Who's going to 2022 Bronco Super Celebration East in April? 1644504627736

For 21, I attended for the ride along event. I was able to snag a spot online the week prior so I arranged my travel around that. SO MUCH FUN! Between 20 and 21, the event was moved to a different location in the same area. Ford took up a huge portion for the 21 event. At that time, it was the largest public display of 6G Broncos.

Ford Bronco Who's going to 2022 Bronco Super Celebration East in April? 1644504715957

Ford Bronco Who's going to 2022 Bronco Super Celebration East in April? 1644504831232

Ford Bronco Who's going to 2022 Bronco Super Celebration East in April? 1644505112456

Ford Bronco Who's going to 2022 Bronco Super Celebration East in April? 1644509346099

I'll be attending 4/21 - 4/23 (Thursday afternoon - Saturday morning). I was planning on renting a cabin nearby but couldn't bring myself to pay the crazy cleaning fees, etc. for somewhere I'll literally only be sleeping and showering. Instead, I'm staying at motel in Pigeon Forge. It's about 17 miles to the event, but I'm right in the heart of everything. I rented a ground floor room so I can park the Bronco right out front and have somewhere to secure the roof and doors if I choose to remove them.

I'm not going to register myself or my Bronco for the event. I don't see the point of parking on the show field or showing my almost completely stock daily driver. I don't plan to camp on site, etc. I will defiantly try going on some of the group drives, but having this forum as a platform to communicate, I'm hoping us bronco6g members can coordinate some of our own drives and trouble to get into. ;)

I'm very familiar with the area. I have traveled and visited frequently. It's absolutely beautiful in late April!

For the 2.7 issues....Here's mine, with a confirmed failure on the same date.

Ford Bronco Who's going to 2022 Bronco Super Celebration East in April? 1644509059358

You only live once! Just imagine what a publicity nightmare this would be for Ford if something were to happen to the engine while someone was traveling too, or at the event on one of the drives, etc. They might have to actually acknowledge the issue....

OP
OP
7722 Bronco

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wife and I talked last night,,,, decided we are going, with or without our Bronco.

Seeing movement in the 1/3 group as Broncos are now showing "Built" as of 2/9,,, guess Ford was cleaning out some closets and found some more chip modules to complete some more builds. Fingers crossed 🤞 they keep trickling out and ours shows up before Celebration.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang, didn't even think about this. Unfortunately, we'll be there two weeks early. Got a cabin for the kids spring break.

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Planning to be there with the family. I grew up with Broncos throughout the 70's and 80's and learned to drive and plow snow in one when I was 12. The community that was there last year appeared to be more inclusive of the '21+ crowd. It is, after all, a celebration of the Bronco independent of year. It is an opportunity for the "new crowd" to see where it all started and every gen in between.

Coming out of the event, I was even more excited about the previous gen's than I was before going where my primary focus was going on the ride-along in the '21. There is a place for all gen's at the event and if it becomes an us vs them situation, it's a wasted opportunity to engage and educate an entire portion of the population on how the '21+ even came to be. Like me, I have continually been looking for another bronco to add to the stable... it will likely be a Gen 3-5 model. Seeing what's out there and talking to people who have restored or maintained them is what it's about.

If you live within a few hours and have the time, go for the day or more. I'll be in my '21, likely living on the roof in my Badass Tent, admiring the other Bronco legends that show up.

AJS

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm coming from Houston, TX and driving up in 2021 Badlands. Looking forward to the event. Mine is a Badlands, Carbonized Grey, 4dr, 2.7, LUX, MIC 2.0, Marine grade seats, tow
Was at a grocery store in Cypress and two other bronco's - so they are out there, here is a pic
Ford Bronco Who's going to 2022 Bronco Super Celebration East in April? 20220410_182446

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning on driving down for the day only about an hour and a half from me. I had originally planned to go for a few days when my build date was in Feb figured I would have the Bronco to take. Six build date changes later it is being built next week 🤞 I want to go anyway to check out the old ones and get ideas for mine.

OP
OP
7722 Bronco

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Today is the last day of my second delivery window and as of right now, no Bronco 😡

I see car haulers every day loaded with Jeeps, Toyotas, Dodges, and Corvettes,,, can't believe there is a driver shortage for Bronco,,, makes absolutely no sense.

Maybe this will be my week. If not, guess I need to get the F350 dually cleaned up for a road trip.
Sponsored