Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Who's going to Bronco Celebration EAST 2021 in  Townsend, TN from April 21-24 DF58FE83-EDA2-4C3C-BAC0-C6AA3F803CAB

Dean was an awesome driver for our ride... 2dr cactus grey Big Bend was a great experience... smoother than we thought it would be.

Ford Bronco Who's going to Bronco Celebration EAST 2021 in  Townsend, TN from April 21-24 52D20B4C-EBA3-4348-BEE6-4E90B05F2FA3

We had another B6G member with us... and yeah, we went with the top off at about 35-40 degrees... man/woman up or get outta the way 🙂.

So, the GF is all in on the Bronco now... she had previously kept talking about how much she loves my truck... but the ride a long won her over... win win 🙂
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone there today, I am feeling your pain. Looks like a washout. The same system is sweeping through Atl as well. But I'm here, and you're there [chuckle].
I'm glad I attended Wed & Thur. Wednesday was cold and drizzly for half the day, and Thursday was sunny and dry (and warmer).
I was lucky enough to go on two (2) ride-alongs while there. Wednesday in a red 2-door and Thursday in a Carb Gray 4-door. (Amazingly I had the same driver both days - a younger guy from out West... excellent.)
So I got to experience the trail first muddy one day and then mostly dry the next, as well as 2-door and 4-door. (Kudos to the private landowner for letting us play in his/her yard. What a driveway! I'm sure Ford is making it worth their while.)
Then to top it all off, I ran into a couple Ford employees from Mich Thursday night doing some tailgating in my hotel parking lot, and got to chat with them.
A gold star week, LOL.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad so many got the chance.
I did a separate write up last night but nothing new and they haven’t already said.
not a lot of pics to take others haven’t taken.
I did get a few of the wiring pigtails under the hood for the switches.
And mainly gushed about the ride along and the fact I was happy before but even more so now.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ride today was great. Went in a 4 door Badlands 2.7L Squatch.

We flew down the muddy trail at 40mph! Took the whoops and jumps in stride. We walked up the rock scree without thinking. Then we backed down it using the rear camera just as easily. The boulders were 2 to 2.5 feet in spots. Much larger than they appear on video.

We used trail turn assist in the muddy conditions. In these types of conditions you will drag the tire a bit so you don't get as tight of a turn. In one spot we did the same turn twice. Once with TTA and one without. Even with the mud drag, the TTA had about a 3 foot advantage on the turn. We also got to experience backing up with TTA on and it disengages the action in reverse. But when you got back into drive it kicks right back into action.

Lastly, we truly tested Baja mode in many configurations. We ran it in normal 4h bombing down the muddy trail. Then we switched to 2 H on the trail with rear lockers engaged. No issues with that. Lastly, we simulated the Badlands version of Sport mode on the pavement. Baja 2H with the hammer down. It was awesome. The camera stays engaged and it was great on the road. I think many are going to be happy with this approach. This was the first time our driver had run it that way and really liked it.

I also got to mess around with a 4door Badlands on 33s for a while. One surprise was how the front seats tilt forward and backward. There is a nicely designed triangle part that looks like a design element that is along side the seat. It worked nicely. I was eaily able to get the driving position set perfectly. I also got a shot of the under lid storage in the back. It is a bit larger than I thought. Will be excited to see what I am going to put in there. Hope you enjoy some of the pictures.

20210424_123916.jpg

20210424_123220.jpg

20210424_123158.jpg

20210424_122503.jpg

20210424_122351.jpg

20210423_195321.jpg

20210423_193747.jpg

Sponsored

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't remember which thread someone asked me to get shots of the bash plates on the Wildtrak but the muddy picture in the last post was the best I could get.

I did ask Esteban about them on the Wildtrak. If you option the upgraded bash plates they are the same as the Badlands. If you do not, they really aren't protective very much. He did not call them bash plates. If you really want protection you will need to go with the upgrade or do AM plates.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't remember which thread someone asked me to get shots of the bash plates on the Wildtrak but the muddy picture in the last post was the best I could get.

I did ask Esteban about them on the Wildtrak. If you option the upgraded bash plates they are the same as the Badlands. If you do not, they really aren't protective very much. He did not call them bash plates. If you really want protection you will need to go with the upgrade or do AM plates.
I asked about them. Thanks. So that last pic was of which skid plate? Hard to tell. So there’s nothing down there according to Esteban or they’re not really protective? I don’t get it.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked about them. Thanks. So that last pic was of which skid plate? Hard to tell. So there’s nothing down there according to Esteban or they’re not really protective? I don’t get it.
Glad you found this. Even with the lift it was hard to get under there for a picture. That was the passenger side mid vehicle. He said there were covers but they were not truly bash plates.

I recall doing a Wildtrak build with adding the bash plates and I came out more than Badlands. I guess they are assuming different uses between the two builds.
Sponsored