Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Are you worried that you've committed to buy a Bronco 6 or 8 months ahead of delivery and now the dealership will hold you over a barrel when it comes to negotiating your trade-in value?
Personally, I'm paying MSRP at my Canadian dealership so I'm expecting them to come good with my trade. I don't wanna get bent over coming AND going!
I definitely want FAIR price and for me, that's at the high end of an excellent condition trade according to Kelly's Blue Book.
But seeing as I've already committed to buying the Bronc, I feel cornered!
Sponsored

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my last two vehicles privately vs trading and came out way ahead even with the tax advantage a trade affords you here in Texas. The dealer only has as much power as you are willing to give them.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they don't give you a good value you can always sell it yourself or use over of those services like Kelly blue book. But I have thought the exact same thing. My dealer said a month out they will give me the trade value.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you worried that you've committed to buy a Bronco 6 or 8 months ahead of delivery and now the dealership will hold you over a barrel when it comes to negotiating your trade-in value?
Personally, I'm paying MSRP at my Canadian dealership so I'm expecting them to come good with my trade. I don't wanna get bent over coming AND going!
I definitely want FAIR price and for me, that's at the high end of an excellent condition trade according to Kelly's Blue Book.
But seeing as I've already committed to buying the Bronc, I feel cornered!
If you are there to buy a car, you are not getting the high end of KBB. They are willing to make the safe bet that you won’t walk away from your purchase over a trade.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sell private party.

On my Subaru, dealership offered me 4200 and sold myself for 8500 in 6hrs (2003 honda element)

In December Ford dealership offered me 18,000 trade for me 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude edition that had 21k miles and flawless) I sold private party in 3 days for 27,500.

The dealerships are looking for a quick turn around. They would have bought my jeep for 18 then listed at 26 to dump it fas so not on their lot or listed for 28 and allowed for very aggressive negotiations

On my 2004 Lexus IS 300 Toyota offered me 2500, I sold in 1 week for 10,000

subaru, ford, toyota.. proof you should sell yourself

go give it a test run, if youre bored this weekend go act like youre going to buy an ranger and see what they offer you in trade, it will make you laugh or youll want to slap then

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

VROOM quoted a price on my 2017 Tucson payoff the loan and have extra

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sell private party.

On my Subaru, dealership offered me 4200 and sold myself for 8500 in 6hrs (2003 honda element)

In December Ford dealership offered me 18,000 trade for me 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude edition that had 21k miles and flawless) I sold private party in 3 days for 27,500.

The dealerships are looking for a quick turn around. They would have bought my jeep for 18 then listed at 26 to dump it fas so not on their lot or listed for 28 and allowed for very aggressive negotiations

On my 2004 Lexus IS 300 Toyota offered me 2500, I sold in 1 week for 10,000

subaru, ford, toyota.. proof you should sell yourself

go give it a test run, if youre bored this weekend go act like youre going to buy an ranger and see what they offer you in trade, it will make you laugh or youll want to slap then
What did you use to sell? Craigslist? Facebook Market?

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my last two vehicles privately vs trading and came out way ahead even with the tax advantage a trade affords you here in Texas. The dealer only has as much power as you are willing to give them.
Do you have any tips or calculator link for determining the tax advantage of the trade in? Something to help the determine the minimum needed for the trade-in to come out even or ahead? I like how someone said their dealer will give them a trade-in amount 1 month out; gives you time to make a decision.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you are there to buy a car, you are not getting the high end of KBB. They are willing to make the safe bet that you won’t walk away from your purchase over a trade.
I just traded in my 2013 Jeep JKU with broken A/C, and tires could use replacement and the odometer had 87k miles. I was given $500 above KBB value and they didn’t even start the Jeep. Covid issues prevented them from even doing a test drive according to dealership rules for their employees.

VROOM quoted a price on my 2017 Tucson payoff the loan and have extra
I researched VROOM, and carvana they are quick and simple and come to your home with a check. Problem I saw in my case was an offer $1000 below KBB value.

OP, I traded in my Jeep because I gambled that dealers next year would tell me the market is saturated with used wranglers and trade in values are way down because there are so many. I paid $24,000 in 2013 for a base JKU and got $21,000 on a trade in for a used 2017 SI to hold me over. Wranglers absolutely hold their value.

I read silly comments like go detail your trade in to get the best price. My last two trade ins, the dealer didn’t care. Most trade ins are sent away to wholesale dealer and not kept. Maybe different in little towns but here in Vegas we have 4 Ford dealerships to give you an idea.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in same boat. Got a 4-year-old Sahara with 23K miles. At least a 9/10 -- more like 9.9/10.0

But the convenience of driving to the dealership and swapping cars & keys is big. So there's a price to pay for that convenience.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just traded in my 2013 Jeep JKU with broken A/C, and tires could use replacement and the odometer had 87k miles. I was given $500 above KBB value and they didn’t even start the Jeep. Covid issues prevented them from even doing a test drive according to dealership rules for their employees.
Ford Bronco Who's got a trade-in? 1612020117670

Hey, COVID finally worked in someone’s favor. Nice. A 2013 JKU with only 87k will sell itself. You bought wisely. A Chevy Sonic of the same vintage, would not get such an offer. ?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You obviously don't live in Ontario... Lol
13% tax on my build is $8700. If they give me $24K for my trade, that's $24k from the Bronco price of less tax... Save about $3K.
Plus there is the time and hassle of selling a vehicle privately, especially one with a lien on it as well
Sponsored