First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
On eBay, there is an active market. I am buddy's with the buyer now because I am basically his dealer so he calls me every day. I have been waiting a year plus and 37 days in quarantine and for him a week is rough!

I will get a Rubicon with a V6 and a manual. Will probably keep my JK until things get less crazy. Love my jeep and have no second thoughts. Huge stress relief.

I remind everyone that this is not the fault of the fine men and women on the assembly line. This dumpster fire is a clear failure of leadership!
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Who's ready to tap out? 1628307589623

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m not ready to move on, but this has put me at an unbelievable inconvenience. I have been waiting for this vehicle as I sit car-less (have been for 1.5yrs now and Iā€™m over it) in California trying to plan a move to North Carolina at the end of September. I have a dog, and because airlines are not flying dogs I have to drive him.

Will I have a bronco to drive him back and need to ship my things?
Will I have no car and need to drive a moving truck back? Will I need to arrange transportation to ship the car? All of these things have to be arranged months in advance. The pricing right now is horrendous.
Will I then have to title of the vehicle in California and then again in a new state paying double sales tax? The stress this has put on me cannot be overstated.
what do you mean double sale tax

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alternatives, especially if you want a manual, are limited.

Cheapest Taco with a stick is $38K
Wranglers are made by Jeep, and my last Jeep was... less than stellar.
Maybe another Mustang.

If I don't have a build date by Christmas I will probably suck it up and change my order to a 4-door BB.

That's almost an $8k price increase for extra doors I don't want. and a soft top that looks like ass. On the plus side I'd get a larger gas tank and rear locker.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please please please everyone Cancel your orders so the rest of us can get ours sooneršŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜…
I think if someone cancel there order it well still get built and sent to the dealer so no one well move up in line only winner well be the dealer because they well sell it for more then the MSRP but maybe I am wrong

Sponsored

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think if someone cancel there order it well still get built and sent to the dealer so no one well move up in line only winner well be the dealer because they well sell it for more then the MSRP but maybe I am wrong
You are correct. I was being facetious.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been watching for Rubicon models on Car Gurus. They come up at the right price, low km, hard tops with freedom panelsā€¦.. until I knew Ford was rebooting the Bronco, this is what I was going to buy. Even sitting on my VIN now since April. Been pushed back two months already and looking at a third. And no guarantee thatā€™s the end of it.

You definitely ainā€™t the only one looking at your options, my friend.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just curious as to how many of you are considering moving on from the Bronco?
Like I said I don't want to cancel my order but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I might just say screw it and order me a 2022 2 door Jeep

I don't know. Am I crazy? Anyone else feeling this way? I know there's a lot of die hards here but this is crazy.
I officially went crazy today with waiting and bought a Jeep this morning. I couldnā€™t handle the wait without getting to hit the trails with my kids any longer. Iā€™m keeping my Bronco order and will decide what happens with the Jeep when that comes. Been waiting a year plus with no updates or VIN and driving me nuts waiting. Needed a stop gap toy. BTW, this is the green color I wish I could get on my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Who's ready to tap out? 89F3AB64-D166-4343-80C6-D3A0476EDF67

Ford Bronco Who's ready to tap out? 9706091D-B01D-4547-8CFB-F050116C5E9E

Ford Bronco Who's ready to tap out? 1D79368F-24EE-498C-8E87-20A95F3C7389

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Buy the Jeep and take delivery when the Bronco comes in. Sell either one for a profit.
Exactly! I donā€™t think the chip shortage is going away anytime soon for cars. I figure Iā€™ll drive it and have fun until the Bronco comes. Now I donā€™t feel nearly as impatient waiting for the next year or years for it to get built.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m not ready to move on, but this has put me at an unbelievable inconvenience. I have been waiting for this vehicle as I sit car-less (have been for 1.5yrs now and Iā€™m over it) in California trying to plan a move to North Carolina at the end of September. I have a dog, and because airlines are not flying dogs I have to drive him.

Will I have a bronco to drive him back and need to ship my things?
Will I have no car and need to drive a moving truck back? Will I need to arrange transportation to ship the car? All of these things have to be arranged months in advance. The pricing right now is horrendous.
Will I then have to title of the vehicle in California and then again in a new state paying double sales tax? The stress this has put on me cannot be overstated.
generally speaking if you pay sales tax in one state and move to another state, you will not need to pay sales tax twice. generally it is considered to be a used car without transfer of ownership so you will not need to pay sales taxes, but expect a registration fee. to be truthful, you can take delivery in california and have the dealership register it in north carolina, if you have the address where you will be moving or have friends or family willing to allow you to use their address. there is NOTHING which says you need to register your vehicle in the state you purchased it. it is not uncommon for people to venture into neighboring states to purchase vehicles. if the sales tax is lower in NC, bypass california all together..