First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just curious as to how many of you are considering moving on from the Bronco?

Not going to lie I don't want to cancel my order but the more I see what's going on with quality issues and the delay getting worse I might walk soon.

Ive been without a vehicle for over 1 year now waiting for this. I really thought I'd have it by now or at least early Fall. It's now looking like we'll deep into 2022 and beyond. I'm a July 29th 2020 reservation.

I built a reserved a 2 door Basequatch in Velocity Blue.

I don't know if it's just because I'm going crazy or what but I've been looking hard into Jeeps. There's a lot I like about the Bronco better but there are some things about the Jeep I like better. And I have a feeling for 2022 Jeep will make some updates and offer more goodies to compete with Ford. I guess we'll see soon. One major thing I like better is the better color options. I really like Sarge Green. I also like Nacho and Gecko.

Like I said I don't want to cancel my order but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I might just say screw it and order me a 2022 2 door Jeep Willys. Seems like a nice little package. And I do like the way Jeep has more of a military look especially with the 2 door with Sarge Green.

I don't know. Am I crazy? Anyone else feeling this way? I know there's a lot of die hards here but this is crazy.
The reason I’m considering moving on from my Bronco is that it has been built, it’s sitting in a parking lot at the factory and nobody can/will tell me what’s wrong with it or when it’s going to ship.

My dealer can’t get the info of what is wrong with it to tell me anything and Ford corporate knows what is wrong with it but won’t tell me what is wrong with it or a potential fix. The only answers we get are “hang tight” or “soon”.

I get that the supply chain is broken and you can tell me I’m one of the lucky ones because at least I have a VIN but my truck has been parked on a lot not moving for a month, but Ford’s ineptitude in handling this is making me strongly consider buying another vehicle because I need an automobile as my kids go back to school and my office reopens.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's either that or a bunch if whiney people that can't get their heads out if the sand, look around and realize EVERYTHING is struggling right now.

Heck it took me a month to turn up two pairs of Wrangler jeans in the right size. On a semi related note I did buy a pair of Carharts to tide me over... it was getting pretty dire though.

Everybody is crying for new hires, everybody is short on product. It is how things are right now.
Everyone wants to make excuses for Ford, Ford IS producing Bronco's, Ford has CHIPS for Bronco's, What Ford does not have for Bronco's is roofs that don't delaminate or rub through the fabric in a few weeks. This is Ford's design, Ford's suppliers, Ford's problems, it has nothing to do with other car manufactures or Wrangler jeans.

If you have not seen the photos, the paved parking lots are full and the overflow Bronco's are now sitting on dirt, awaiting tops good tops.

Ford Bronco Who's ready to tap out? 8-6-2021 Field Broncos

TUNGSTANG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was getting down in the dumps as well but
my excitement was rekindled when I got my window sticker.
Yes, there stories of quality issues, but they do not necessarily apply to YOUR BRONCO.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, there stories of quality issues, but they do not necessarily apply to YOUR BRONCO.
Unless your Bronco has a roof, then it does apply to you.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was excited until I got built and then nothing... nothing..... crickets....crickets...

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Not going to lie I don't want to cancel my order but the more I see what's going on with quality issues and the delay getting worse I might walk soon.

Ive been without a vehicle for over 1 year now waiting for this. I really thought I'd have it by now or at least early Fall. It's now looking like we'll deep into 2022 and beyond. I'm a July 29th 2020 reservation.

I don't know if it's just because I'm going crazy or what but I've been looking hard into Jeeps. There's a lot I like about the Bronco better but there are some things about the Jeep I like better. And I have a feeling for 2022 Jeep will make some updates and offer more goodies to compete with Ford. I guess we'll see soon. One major thing I like better is the better color options. I really like Sarge Green. I also like Nacho and Gecko.

Like I said I don't want to cancel my order but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I might just say screw it and order me a 2022 2 door Jeep Willys. Seems like a nice little package. And I do like the way Jeep has more of a military look especially with the 2 door with Sarge Green.

I don't know. Am I crazy? Anyone else feeling this way? I know there's a lot of die hards here but this is crazy.
You’re not crazy. I’m in the exact same boat and doing the exact same thing. Keeping my Bronco reservation for now and will decide what to do with it later.
Good luck!

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think if someone cancel there order it well still get built and sent to the dealer so no one well move up in line only winner well be the dealer because they well sell it for more then the MSRP but maybe I am wrong
Exactly. No one is moving up. The only one making out would be the dealer as the allocation stays with them and they get to charge ADM.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
After ignoring all the signs of a shit-show, I finally caved and ordered a Maverick. I’m not throwing in the towel on the Bronco. I’ll keep that order open. But I need to take advantage of my trade in value before the market levels out.
Submitted an order on a whim. Received a VIN and production date the next day. Maybe I just wasn’t meant to have a Bronco🤷🏻‍♂️

Once (IF) the Bronco arrives I’ll decide if I want to dump the Maverick for the Bronco. The condition the Bronco arrives in will play a big factor in my decision. Having the Maverick coming in hot will take a little pressure off of the Bronco fiasco in my life.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jkrinn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no car
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reserved July 15, and converted Feb 24. I knew I may be early fall but don't even have a build date. With the comments about others with builds and delays, I am 2022 bound.

My dealer in Chicago has 4 on their website including a first edition so maybe a chance yet but won't be my specific build.

Njt5509

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im

I'm on the brink

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everyone wants to make excuses for Ford, Ford IS producing Bronco's, Ford has CHIPS for Bronco's, What Ford does not have for Bronco's is roofs that don't delaminate or rub through the fabric in a few weeks. This is Ford's design, Ford's suppliers, Ford's problems, it has nothing to do with other car manufactures or Wrangler jeans.

If you have not seen the photos, the paved parking lots are full and the overflow Bronco's are now sitting on dirt, awaiting tops good tops.

8-6-2021 Field Broncos.jpeg
And those would come from the plant that had construction delayed because of covid and that Ford has to keep sending manpower to?

Just imagine if that plant was up and running the better part of a year ago as planned and people actually wanted to work.

I work in parts, I deal with this every day. There are just as many new Jeeps on the lot at the dealer I work at as there are Broncos on Ford's lot.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And those would come from the plant that had construction delayed because of covid and that Ford has to keep sending manpower to?

Just imagine if that plant was up and running the better part of a year ago as planned and people actually wanted to work.

I work in parts, I deal with this every day. There are just as many new Jeeps on the lot at the dealer I work at as there are Broncos on Ford's lot.
We all have are skills, yours is parts, mine is a career in product development, project management and customer interface. I have seen good and bad products developed, likewise, so has Ford, that is why they have a stop ship on Bronco's with so they can figure out how to have hard tops that don't delaminate or soft tops that don't rub through the fabric in a few weeks, it is a design issue, not a parts issue. You may have missed the many threads on the forum discussing this.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I did already, planned to keep my FE now I’m going to sell it. I’ve already ordered a wrangler. The wait isn’t what’s causing me to dump it. It’s the build materials and the powertrain.
Sponsored