Who's ready to tap out?

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While the overwhelming majority sit without a Bronco all the YOU TUBERS have got theirs. So much for reservation date
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
While the overwhelming majority sit without a Bronco all the YOU TUBERS have got theirs. So much for reservation date
Stradman hasnā€™t got his savage garage havenā€™t gotten theirs. Theyā€™re pretty big in the car community.

Ft.S

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I tapped out and canceled my reservation. I realized, as exciting as the potential of the Bronco is, it is not the vehicle for me. The interior and the MIC are not for me, and the early production issues were the last drop in the bucket. I had been to the early dealer showings, I was unimpressed with few details and plasticky interior, but was hoping things would improve as production starts. It was of course wishful thinking. The quality issue with the overall car, but particularly with the hard top, are the final items that made me click on the CANCEL button.

I just cannot see myself writing a $65K check for what the Bronco is today.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tapped out and canceled my reservation. I realized, as exciting as the potential of the Bronco is, it is not the vehicle for me. The interior and the MIC are not for me, and the early production issues were the last drop in the bucket. I had been to the early dealer showings, I was unimpressed with few details and plasticky interior, but was hoping things would improve as production starts. It was of course wishful thinking. The quality issue with the overall car, but particularly with the hard top, are the final items that made me click on the CANCEL button.

I just cannot see myself writing a $65K check for what the Bronco is today.
I think the base Bronco at $30K is an outstanding value regardless of the teething issues, but Iā€™m over spending $47K on the Badlands I ordered. I need to head down to my dealer and change my order to the Base plus overhead switches. The lack of upscale plastics on upscale models wasnā€˜t the right call by Ford.

I did go ahead and make a second reservation last week in case a base Mansquatch ever becomes a reality.

jkrinn

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no car
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And the four at the dealer are soldā€¦

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We all have are skills, yours is parts, mine is a career in product development, project management and customer interface. I have seen good and bad products developed, likewise, so has Ford, that is why they have a stop ship on Bronco's with so they can figure out how to have hard tops that don't delaminate or soft tops that don't rub through the fabric in a few weeks, it is a design issue, not a parts issue. You may have missed the many threads on the forum discussing this.
And the late availability of the plant and lack of manpower has nothing to do with it? If they had the plant up and running to capacity as scheduled they would still have a shipping hold as of August 7? Or would they have worked this out 6 months ago and nobody would have known/cared they had to revise the design to make it more suitable for mass production?

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Even though i have a very nice Wrangler I can see a Bronco someday. But I am not going to make any moves to a vehicle that has the production problems that the Bronco now has. Many of the problems are supply chain I believe. The body is great but the inside needs some refinement. I don't really want a wash out with hose vehicle. I also don't want to race with people that think nothing of $10K+ ADM, and all the VIP's with connections. I also don't believe that starting and stopping production so many times will aid in a quality build. The world is a little broken right now and that's just bad timing to bring out a new design. I don't think they will be able to hit full production numbers in any month this year. I don't need or really want to be the first on the block with a Bronco and at this rate they will never catch up with standing orders.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To hell with it! I'm gonna get me one of these instead!! Even importing from england I'll probably get it before my Bronco...

Ford Bronco Who's ready to tap out? morgan-plus-four-cxt-front-2-1628176200

Morgan Plus Four CX-T

Last edited:

Wineguy

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr Base, VW Alltrack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m gonna drive mine around for a bit. Probably stop at the gas station a few times tell everyone ā€œyeah this is the new broncoā€ then proceed to cry as I pay 4 bucks a gallon. Fast forward a couple weeks as I sell it to some poor sucker that has been dreaming about getting his hands on it then check my reservation spot for elio and wait for that to come out.
Elio? Haven't heard that in a while. You might see the Elio before the Bronco! šŸ¤£

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Buy a new Wrangler then sell in 2 years when Bronco more readily available with couple kinks worked out. Can order a new wrangler 8% under invoice / 12ish% under MSRP. Can probably sell in 2 years near what you paid for new.

Sponsored

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reserved two day one. Already gave up the FE and delayed the Badlands. I plan to sit on the Badlands reservation as long as I can to see how things shake out. My level of excitement has dropped considerably. If I 'needed' another vehicle today, even if they were available, it would not be a Bronco.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sticking around for longer, but not for ever. Would have loved to have my Bronco for our road trip to Oregon right now, but my 18 year old Taco did just fine. I hope to get to test drive one at my dealer soon, that will be an other added consideration. If I love it, I'll wait it out. But the 4xe is certainly looking interesting, with my daily driving, I'd pretty much never have to buy gas unless we're going on a trip. Tempting...
Just not ready to give up yet, as the Bronco takes care of some things I don't like about the wrangler, like the badly named sports bar and the rain gutter draining into the cabin, little things like that. Could live with them, but might not have to.

I sure hope to hear something from Ford though, within the next month or so.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Chapman@Horsham has the deal for you.

They'll lease you a Jeep until your Bronco arrives and they're still offering 4% under invoice on Bronco orders. They take the Jeep back for their used car lot and you get a get price on a 22 or 23 Bronco even with the anticipated, inevitable price increase. Seems like a Win-Win for both.

Hindsight being 20/20, I should have ran my MY21 order through them but I'm bumped to 8/30 so I have to wait until my current ride comes to a complete stop. Now my next Bronco will be through them for if/when the Heritage looks like reality.

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't tapped out yet. Knowing going in I was most likely an FY22 with a mid August reservation. However, the excitement has worn off. If I don't take delivery by summer 22 I too may be buying a Rubicon.
Sponsored