Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was in desperate need for a new vehicle, I would've moved on but I'm not. My 2014 Ford Expedition with 148K miles is running strong and suits my needs for now. My hammock arrived this past weekend, so I'll be hanging around for a while, drinking beer, debating about my color and options choices, and reading these posts.
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This guy closely follows the 6th gen 4Runner info and has some interesting renders.

TB;DW*: Does it offer a manual transmission or not?

*too boring, didn't watch

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the looks of the Defender- it’s really cool! But I’ve known 4 different people who’ve owned Land Rovers, all 4 vehicles were junk and all 4 owners got rid of them and never looked back. I hope you folks have better luck with them!

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Based on recent company wide styling trends, I'd assume it will look like a bag of mashed assholes.
I like the front on the you tube rendering, they need to a better job with the back. The side looks too much like gen 5.

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really close to moving to the Defender. Mind if I ask how much out the door?
I paid MSRP. Dealer fee was only $75, and considering the vehicle, demand, and chip shortages, I thought that was totally acceptable. Was about $16k over my Badlands build, which is pricey but it's no $80k+ Defender. Still, it comes with so many nice features standard, it feels well worth it, and I'm lucky I could afford the price difference.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I paid MSRP. Dealer fee was only $75, and considering the vehicle, demand, and chip shortages, I thought that was totally acceptable. Was about $16k over my Badlands build, which is pricey but it's no $80k+ Defender. Still, it comes with so many nice features standard, it feels well worth it, and I'm lucky I could afford the price difference.
I just built one with them at 72k (my BL lands at 56k).

This dealer won't let me play the game of I'll wait and see which arrives first. They want 5k deposit that is not refundable (I haven't bothered to negotiate anything). I'm test driving the demo this weekend.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just built one with them at 72k (my BL lands at 56k).

This dealer won't let me play the game of I'll wait and see which arrives first. They want 5k deposit that is not refundable (I haven't bothered to negotiate anything). I'm test driving the demo this weekend.
That's about where mine came out. Defender 110 P400SE, off-road and advanced off-road was the primary build / options.

I got lucky with the dealer I used. They weren't local, but they took no deposit (at the time, they said it would be easier if there was a long delay as far as me being able to cancel), and despite going from MSRP to MSRK + $5k, recently they held to the original price when it arrived. It's tough in some markets due to the demand, unfortunately. Enjoy the demo drive! I did a test drive for fun and now I own one, so be careful. ;)

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I tapped out a few months ago. I had an October reservation, so I know I was looking at an even pricier 2022 - maybe even a 2023? So I started looking at alternatives. Figured I'd go Japanese, not just for the reliability, but also because other than the Wrangler, the big three hasn't made a truly off-road capable SUV for 20 years or so. Honda doesn't make an SUV, so it was Nissan or Toyota. The used Toyota Land Cruisers and 4 Runners were pretty pricey, so I went on a search for a nice Nissan Xterra, a Pro-4X to be specific, with its upgraded Bilstien suspension, electronic locking rear differential, 32" rubber, hill descent control, full skid plates, off road lights, and 9 speaker Rockford-Fosgate stereo with satellite radio and 6 CD changer. They're not easy to find, but after a lot of searching, I found a 2011 with reasonably low mileage (83k). It also looks like it was garage kept for most, if not all it's life. The mud flaps and step bar are probably coming off this weekend. And it cost less than 1/4th of what a Black Diamond with an upgraded stereo would have cost. And it has a 5000 lb tow rating. :) I'm thinking of maybe a 2" lift and 33's in the spring....

Ford Bronco Who's ready to tap out? 20210618214326635_IMG_0002 (3)

Ford Bronco Who's ready to tap out? 20210618214324333_IMG_0004 (3)

Below is one with a 2" lift and 33's.
Ford Bronco Who's ready to tap out? 002.JPG

Last edited:

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We'll see...if my MY22 has stupid level price increase, then yeah I'll be forced out

Sponsored

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Key item: "This past weekend I was out enjoying ... ". That's money in the bank compared to waiting around.
☝☝☝ Yep! Out having fun in the woods now, and without 6 or 7 years of car payments!

Ford Bronco Who's ready to tap out? 20210902_171055

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just a jeep owner dropping in to say "stick with it" if you can.

Saw my first full-size Bronco in my town the other day. Was white with LEDs and the gray hard top. Looked pretty awesome, if I do say so. I'm not one for the big letters across the grill and all that, but I can admit it looked sharp.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK I finally decided I'm done after this last email. I'll just build up my zuk for a wheeler and I'm going to look for an older super duty or OBS.

I'm going to regret it every time I see one on the road, but life has gone to hell the last few weeks and it's a poor use of money for me right now.

Maybe I'll be more productive not being on here all the time.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i would jump ship happily if there was anything else to buy

Reactions: Jdc

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OK I finally decided I'm done after this last email. I'll just build up my zuk for a wheeler and I'm going to look for an older super duty or OBS.

I'm going to regret it every time I see one on the road, but life has gone to hell the last few weeks and it's a poor use of money for me right now.

Maybe I'll be more productive not being on here all the time.
Don’t lie.
Sponsored