First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, my beloved fj cruiser is starting to nickel and dime me.

2012 Toyota fj with 122,000. Seems like it is jealous of the Bronco.

About a week ago I started with the transmission "shudder". I guess common with this transmission.

One of my baja designs light went out (under lifetime warranty thankfully)

One of the mirror lights burned out.

The brakes all around were replaced about 4 months ago.

So, I drop it off next week for the transmission -- torque converter ---- $2,000.

Anyone else having issues with their daily driver?
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 1998 Jeep TJ auto trans gave up the ghost last fall. Pulled trans myself for a $900 rebuild, then work and winter hit, still apart in the driveway. :(

Too many auto trans issues for me over the years - maybe I'm snake bit with auto trans? For that reason probably going manual on the new Bronco, those have been rock solid for me over the years.

Also my advise, especially if in a family, buy one new or like-new economy car. I bought a new one last year cheap, and it's been a god-send. Always works, wife loves it, and keeps everyone (mostly) off my back with the other vehicle projects.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just sold my Jeep to budget for the bronco. Now my 24 year old Tahoe is leaking oil...looks like rear main seal, lol. The AC doesn’t work, but i don’t plan on fixing it. Luckily I’m a November reservation, so i should have my bronco by 2023. 😂

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah man. Had a 2008 saab that had all kinds of things going on with it. Got rid of it in September in anticipation of a spring bronco delivery (whoops). Doing our best in my family of 4 with one car.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded in my 2010 Camaro SS with 143,000 miles on it last week. It was going to need tires, brakes, had a chip in the windshield, A/C wasn't blowing cold, etc. Easily $2000-3000 worth of maintenance and just general upkeep to get thru the next year or so until the Bronco gets here.

I don't think she was ever close to leaving me stranded due to mechanical issues in the near future. But she had been such a good car for the last 7 years that with that kind of mileage on a sports car my guts were telling me something unusual was going to give up the ghost at some point.

Also, I'd already planned on doing some camping this year before the delivery expectations for the Bronco started moving backwards.

So, I traded in on a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. Keeping as much equity as possible from having the Camaro paid off was my main goal. Went with a '19 to get past the two biggest hits in depreciation, was still able to get a stupid low interest rate, so really my biggest loser would be paying sales tax on the difference between the two (hence a Cherokee versus a Wrangler). With the work that the Camaro needed it was basically a financial wash with the benefit of having a 4x4 to get out into the woods with.

Ulysses

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's not officially, but I have my suspicions. My daily is a 2012 Chevy Cruze. Recently went over 100k on it and got all of my routine maintenance performed, but I can't help but shake the feeling that it's going to fall apart at any moment. Just hoping it lasts until Bronco time.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This!

2005 Suburban. Rebuilt the transmission last summer at 2k. Needs a new gear box as power steering fluid is leaking. A check engine light for a knock code. The airbag light is on. It looks totally bad ass on 33s with a 2 inch left, but I am hoping to limp this thing to the finish line. Oh, and sometimes the heater decides not to work. The left blinker needs to he held down. I think I might be forgetting a few glitches. I have gotten my money’s worth, but I need a Bronco!

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2009 Honda Fit's check engine light is on ( I checked the code and it's not super important), and it there's a bit of squeal for a short while on cold days. I barely drive it since I'm WFH right now and I don't really see the point of spending several hundred dollars fixing these issues just to ditch when my bronco is available in 5-7 months.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

About a week ago I started with the transmission "shudder". I guess common with this transmission.

So, I drop it off next week for the transmission -- torque converter ---- $2,000.

Sell the thing for $30,000 like I see other six fig mileage FJs listed for

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The radio went out on my '13 F150. All your problems are invalid.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife's '12 Wrangler is starting to do this. Just last week I finished rear rotors & pads (went to shit in less than a year), parking brake shoes, axle seals, 2x lug studs, washer fluid pump, and found all 4 ball joints up front are going to shit. Not to mention the tires are almost 7 years old now.

Etnadocsalev

Badlands
First Name
Nonato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Fj 17 cx 16 Cx 03 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

'10 FJ 110K LIGTHLY WHEELED,2-3 IN LIFT, NO PROBLEMS W/TOWING(CAN BRONCO BEAT THAT),LATELY HAVE FELT "THUD" SOUND ON 1 1/2 QUARTER SLOW TURN MAY NEED KNUCKLES CHECKED-ITS MOMMYS CAR,ORDERED '21 BL 2.7 SQK LUX ,MY '03 2D HONDA CORD REALLY! GOING TO SLEEP OUTSIDE.I KEEP MY VEHICLES FOR LOOOOOOONG LONG TIME.HOPE FORD WILL NOT DISAPPOINT.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2005 Xterra Off Road, 6M, 217k miles.
  • Very slow oil leak, probably improperly installed filter by oil change place, will fix myself.
  • Internal seals in front timing cover bad causing low idle oil pressure when warm.
  • I need to do brakes.
  • Front cats are bad. I have until August 2022 before I need an emissions inspection.
  • Front drivers seat fabric shot.
  • Airbag light is on but that is covered by recall.

I have an October reservation so I am hoping I don't need a bridge car...

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Only 23,0xx miles on my Chevy and somebody stole the interior out of it, guess I can't drive it until it comes back from paint and everything is re-installed.

Ford Bronco Whose current vehicle is breaking down? interior

Hopefully it will be running before the Bronco shows up, although i'm guessing this becomes my daily for all dry summer days.
Sponsored