Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man, I haven't read all the posts yet, but this is my kinda thread. I didn't think it would be though. Thought I'd cruise right on through to Bronco town, but just recently my 2011 Nissan Xterra told me different. I'm now thousands into fixing it up and getting it back into good shape. At least now I should be able to sell it and tell the buyer there is nothing wrong with it.

New timing chain, new tires, TPMS fixed, changed automatic transmisson fluid and various lines replaced, rattle in lift gate fixed, antenna replaced (after stubby rusted and broke off at the base), heat shields removed or replaced, shifter light replaced, what else I'm at forgetting...?
Did you add cup holders? Or at least clean the existing ones? Don’t know if you noticed, but I believe it’s the biggest markup for resale value.
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you add cup holders? Or at least clean the existing ones? Don’t know if you noticed, but I believe it’s the biggest markup for resale value.
Cup holders looking good! (y)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Aside from the rust, leaky power steering, generally hot motor, and the worn out UCA bushings on my comanche. Its sluggish gear engagement went from bad to worse with reverse being capable of barely 20% throttle. Forward seem fine for now but the fluid I changed yesterday smelled like crap. So yeah since no one makes AW4s and I need my truck for work. I am looking at a junkyard unit so I can toss it in while I rebuild my original with better clutches. Thanks jeep for using wimpy toyota transmissions.

I do think its funny that the first two problems in this thread were auto transmissions. I can only imagine how many cupholders we could have had if the didnt bother making the auto setup.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Suspension on my 140k mi 08 mustang gt daily is going out and I'm tired of putting $$ into it. I was originally going to see how far I can push it in case I get a MY21, but it's starting to wander all over the lanes really bad. At this point I drive it like a grandma and steer it like a boat on rough seas.

I'm going to lease a wrangler as soon as they build it and turn in the lease the day my Bronco comes in.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It worries me that a lot of the "upcoming expenses" I have read have been general maintenance.
Sponsored