First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep seeing posters trashing the outer banks trim. Why? I’m not trying to hide that I’m a poser, it’s going to be a daily driver that I take camping in Florida a few times a year. What am I missing?
Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Doesn't look manly enough I guess. I rather like it, aside from the wheels, which I don't care for.

Hell, we are all posers. I'm buying a 10 year old's dream, now that I'm almost 60.

I think with the painted fenders, it looks a bit flat in the 4dr version, but that's just my opinion. I think a contrasting fender color would look cool on them. I like the interiors of the OB really well actually.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Style: I feel like most either love or hate the body color fenders, no inbetween
Value: No positives here. Ford basically gives the auto trans free with the V6, so coming with auto/mid no longer justifies it's price. Essentially the only reason to get one is to have access to High/Lux packages - but at the final build price it's more or less within a couple grand of a Badlands or WT without the perks. My 2cents anyway.

Only use case I can think of is if you are dead set on High/Lux pack but otherwise just want a non sasquatch 4cyl auto base.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My personal take - because it will be expensive without being hardened.

A well appointed OBX will cost nearly as much as a Badlands, but without any of the ruggedness. Plastic bumpers, city wheels, no armor underneath, they’re even trying to stick you with cloth and charging a big premium for the leather seats.

In the end you’ll spend as much money as a Badlands and not be able to take it off road.

Seems like a silly choice. Might as well spend about the same money for a luxe SUV from someone else that’s totally designed to never leave the suburbs and valet parking lot downtown.

Like i said, just my take on it.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I rather liked it, and that's what I reserved. I just prefer the Marine vinyl interior so I moved to the Black Diamond instead. But that's really the only reason. And I think some of the options on the Outer Banks open up a wide range of possibilities if your wallet can handle it all.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lets not be silly, its plenty capable off road. That is a ridiculous statement. When did off road capable become sasquatch badlands only.

Jeeps been going off road far less capable than any trim Bronco for years.

Will it do everything a totally built sasquatch or custom can, no, but it will be better for things that those will suck at.

It will do a great job at what 99% of us will ever do, and that is including the those buying Sasquatch or Badlands.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its the same as every other Bronco, nothing wrong with it. Most don't like the painted fenders, probably the easiest thing to fix on it. Others don't like the tires and rims, again easy fix. Don't listen to them. Let them drive around in the mall parking lot in their boring black interior BL or their glossy mirrored WT.

All in good fun.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the OBX looks good in AMB and carbonized gray. Other than those two colors, I'm not a fan, b/c of the matching fenders, door handles, and mirror caps. However, if you build them the same, it still comes out 3k or so less than the Badlands (in 4-door trim) and includes the "sport" mode that the Badlands doesn't.

I reserved an OBX, so I've played with the builds a lot. At the end of the day, I like the profile and look of the Badlands enough to pay a little extra, so that's what I plan to get. But I think the OBX is perfectly fine and capable. It even looks good with the right colors.

One thing I like about the contrasting colors with the fenders, door handles, and mirror caps is that it makes the Bronco look less like a standard SUV. They give it a little more pop, IMO. The body colored stuff looks more like a "normal" SUV.

Some folks just refuse to acknowledge that a vehicle like the Bronco has a pretty varied audience. The vast majority of people who buy one will not do intense rock crawling or mudding, and that's ok. This is one of the only vehicles you can drive around town with the top and doors off. That's a great thing, too.

Find the model that works best for you, and go for it. They're all going to be pretty fun.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't pay much attention to other's opinions. Look what they did to FB.
Sponsored