Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I complain about the look of the wheels and bizarre interior colors but I think I want high or lux so it's the cheapest way to get it. I can build it a tick under 50k and I have a mental block about spending more than that. So here we are.

But I learned a long time ago buy/do stuff for you/your family, if some aggrobro doesn't like my choices, fuck 'em

I think all the matched stuff will be great looking in carbon gray or AMB and if not I bet those things can be changed pretty easily.

If I had my choice, I'd love mgv. But navy pier AND cloth is growing on me? Quarantine has changed me man
The tan and black on WT grew on me to the point that I wouldn't have it any other way
So I know the feeling!

For the tires. If it helps.. thats something that can always be changed in post
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The hate must be relative to this site. I've had painted flairs on my 74' for over 8 years since I finished building it and have received nothing but compliments. I don't have any damage (knocking on wood) and not one person asked me to turn in my man card.;)
2014-09-28 23.31.26.jpg
2013-11-02 23.36.51.jpg
Gorgeous Ride, I'm jealous. I think the body match fenders looks great on 4 x 4's. If the First Edition offered them I would get them, along with the color match Hardtop. I have color matching fenders and Hardtop on my Rubicon and love the look.
Ford Bronco Why all the hate on the OBX? SDC10042.JPG

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im going OBX with squatch, that removes the painted fenders, id rather have MGV interior but want painted mirrors and door handles. getting high package, 2 door, 2.7 so i have gone round and round vs the Wildtrack and its basically the same at that point.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really want the luxe, so here we are. Plus I married a short woman and have 2 short kids. The tube step is a compromise I’m willing to make. I agree with other posters, if you want Sasquatch, the OBX is not the trim you should get. I’m assuming that it’ll make it less enjoyable to drive Monday through Friday with those big feet.
I am with you with the short woman . . . the steps were her only ask in this purchase (she drives a 2049 Mazda CX5 but I bet she will fall in love with the Bronc . . . ) . . . if I end up with the OBX, however, I will have Sasquatch, Lux, 2.7 and leather among other stuff to get it as close as I can to the Wildtrak specs.

Sponsored

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I keep seeing posters trashing the outer banks trim. Why? I’m not trying to hide that I’m a poser, it’s going to be a daily driver that I take camping in Florida a few times a year. What am I missing?
Don't think you need a rock crawler in Florida. Mostly flat, and where can you find rocks that you want to crawl over?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is all so subjective and about what you, as an individual, wants! I have gone back and forth since B&P opened between the OBX and Wildtrak, 4 doors in Velocity Blue . . .
My OBX Build:
- Sasquatch
- MIC Hard Top
- Sound Deadening
- Wheel Locks
- Keyless Entry Keypad
- Gray/Blue Leather Seats
- Aux Switches
- Floor Liners
- Storage Bags
- LUX
- Tow Package
- Canvas Bimini Top
Dealer add ons:
- Roof Rack with Crossbars
- Kayak Carrier
This build is $235.00 more than the Wildtrak (which I have reserved) with the same exact features. In the Wildtrak I gain the Baja GOAT mode, the black trim pieces and wheels (whichI really like) BUT have to contend with the beige dash - I can accept the sandstone seating but that dash - I just don't know. In the OBX I gain an interior - the gray & navy - which really appeals to me - so it will be an 11th hour decision.

And I personally have no worry about what others think of my vehicle . . . I live in Vermont where people in their Prius's are constantly giving me the finger when I go by them in my Raptor and our largest 'city' is contemplating a carbon tax . . . I will probably never need the Sas package but I love how it looks . . . outside a day trip on some back roads and logging trails my Bronco will be on asphalt 95% of the time so I, too, am a 'poser'. But the way I look at it, it is my 60k and if I choose to spend it on this vehicle or add another 25k to replace my 17 Raptor it is my decision and I'm not interested in other opinions unless they want to make the 36 payments for me!!
This is more or less where I am - reserved a Wildtrak, as I like all the black accents (plan on waiting for the painted top), but like the Navy Pier interior from the OBX. Wildtrak's interior theme is similar to my Flex (a light color), so I don't mind it, but navy pier is cool - and I like the silver dash more than the black one.

I am with you with the short woman . . . the steps were her only ask in this purchase (she drives a 2049 Mazda CX5 but I bet she will fall in love with the Bronc . . . ) . . . if I end up with the OBX, however, I will have Sasquatch, Lux, 2.7 and leather among other stuff to get it as close as I can to the Wildtrak specs.
You must have connections to have a 2049 model already! :p

Don't think you need a rock crawler in Florida. Mostly flat, and where can you find rocks that you want to crawl over?
Bah humbug. I'm in South Florida. No rocks to climb over here either, but I still have my eye on a Wildtrak/Sasquatch. The roof/doors off appeals to me, and like the look.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think opinions ruined Facebook. It was this guy on day 1.
Ford Bronco Why all the hate on the OBX? Mark-Zuckerberg-Getty-Images-Chip-Somodevilla-GOOD

To keep it on topic, Facebook is a Cyber Orange OBX with painted fenders, silver Base Bronco wheels, spare tire delete, a Salt Life sticker, and loaded with spyware to steal your personal data. :LOL:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lets not be silly, its plenty capable off road. That is a ridiculous statement. When did off road capable become sasquatch badlands only.

Jeeps been going off road far less capable than any trim Bronco for years.

Will it do everything a totally built sasquatch or custom can, no, but it will be better for things that those will suck at.

It will do a great job at what 99% of us will ever do, and that is including the those buying Sasquatch or Badlands.
And there it is. My bone stock Jeep JLU Sahara is more capable off road than I ever be, and it goes where I want. It also has all of those little luxury do-dads that make it a great road trip vehicle. It's the all around best choice for how we use the thing. So, If you want a Wildtrak complete will all the off road capability, and the only off roading you do is into the Starbucks parking lot, that's OK with me. It's your money, your choice, so enjoy. Those that talk smack about someone's choice of an Outer Banks are of no matter to me. I'll order my Outer banks, and be happy, happy, happy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it is the wheels and tires that is throwing most people off. Get some nice aftermarket wheels and a little more aggressive tire and it would probably look pretty sharp

Chunk6649

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have never owned a capable off road 4x4. When I needed some body work on my truck, I was given a Sahara as a rental for the week. I searched for public places to do some light off roading/logging trails. There wasn't anything for a couple hundred miles. So, pretty much every Jeep or lifted truck around my is a poser. I'm assuming 99% of people off roading broncos will be doing it while parking in the field at the "pumpkin patch". Basically, don't worry what people think and her what you want.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I keep seeing posters trashing the outer banks trim. Why? I’m not trying to hide that I’m a poser, it’s going to be a daily driver that I take camping in Florida a few times a year. What am I missing?
I'm stoked for my Mall-squatch (putting it out there 'til it sticks.)

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

get the OBX if you want to BUT change the painted fender flares to black .... it will then pass the smell test to MANY on this forum and will all of a sudden become another capable off roader .... Of course that's if you really care about what the fkng Jonse's think
Sponsored