AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really don’t care what others say about the OBX. I personally like that colored mirror caps and fender flares. I liked the interior better than any other model. It’s for me, not for anyone else. I ordered what I wanted and they’re entitled to the same.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t believe it’s posing, seems you’re just buying a vehicle you like, the way you like and to hell with anyone else’s opinion.

Seems the posers are probably the ones constantly online bashing whatever anyone else is getting. I mean think about it, are you truly the worlds greatest off-road expert if you’re constantly on the Internet instead of out in the wilds?

Just my thoughts

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I really don’t care what others say about the OBX. I personally like that colored mirror caps and fender flares. I liked the interior better than any other model. It’s for me, not for anyone else. I ordered what I wanted and they’re entitled to the same.
Well said, couldn't agree with you more. I always buy what I want and could careless what other think.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved BB but ordered OBX, that's what I liked, I don't care for what others say! I'll be the one enjoying/driving the car.
I'll get my worth of every penny I spend, unlike others who would spend thousands to sasquatch and end up driving the car 3000 miles per year on paved roads.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was originally getting a BB but moved up to the OBX - AMB with the soft top. Can’t wait for it to get here.
Get want you want and enjoy the ride - every other Bronco driver out there will acknowledge you on the road so enjoy.

Sponsored

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dammit YOU! You have my mind working in different directions. Now I’m wondering if I really want mid package and off-road moxy in a daily driver that will see occasional gravel/dirt trails and serious snowy winters. Maybe the creature comforts of LUX would make more sense. 33” tires, 4.27 gearing, locking rear diff would probably get me everywhere I expect to go.
At the very least, your perspective earns you a drink on me if our paths ever cross.
That’s the build I’m going with also. I’m going to get a set of wider, more aggressive 33’s for summer fun and to improve the stance and use the stock 32’s in the winter. Will probably also get a set of aftermarket non body color fender flares and pop them on and off for some variety.

I’ve read all the threads about 33’s on the OBX and I’m still a little confused what the max width 33 is that I can put on the stock wheels without rub or having to lift or get new wheels with less offset.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As much as people call it a "mall crawler" it really isn't. I believe people on this forum make quick decisions based on trim levels, just get what you want. The OBX has removable doors, removable roof, and is plenty better offroad than any of the other crossovers people are lumping in here (Ford Flex, come on?!).

Others are stating it's only a couple grand from a BL so get that instead. A couple grand to me is still something. I don't need the front sway bar disconnect so BL really isn't my selection.

As far as I'm concerned it's a Bronco and happy for you. It's not going to be some luxury cross over vehicle some on here are again categorizing it with. I see plenty of Rubicon Wranglers around my area and I am confident a majority haven't seen anything other than a dirt road (if that). People want "the look" and that's what some people are buying.

I saw it mentioned in another thread that the outdoors is suddenly "cool." And I agree, as an avid mountain biker trailheads are slammed with riders over the past couple of years. People want to look like they are going on an adventure without ever taking one. Therefore, the OBX is a poser as it doesn't have 35's, lockers, or skid plates. I have yet to see a vehicle that required this to make it to a trailhead that I have been at...

Get what works for you. I love this vehicle regardless whatever you do with it. I plan on offroading in it maybe 2-3% of the time. How many guys with a Corvette or Mustang take it to the track? I bet barely any of them. Most the time it will be my toy and I am happy to give up creature comforts for it (OBX while the most luxurious of the Bronco's is a far cry from a luxury vehicle).

Last edited:

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I honestly didn't even realize the OBX had painted flares, while the others didn't. That's on me, but with no actual models to compare to in person, what can be expected. But I have noticed a bunch of Wrangles over the last few days, some with colour matched flares, some without. And I like the coloured ones better. And if I don't like it, I think they are easy to switch out

My Bronco will be a pavement princess. The few months of nice weather we get, I want to enjoy, and unless it's a 60's muscle car convertible, anything without a roof these days is dorky IMO. Maybe one day I'll get into the off road hobby (we went off roading in Big Bear a few years ago, and while we did enjoy it, I think it was more of where we were, rather than what we were doing), but $60K for something that will get bashed around on a trail seems like a poor financial decision. I would think you can spend far less on something used, and build a rock crawler yourself (I would love a Raptor as well, and no I wouldn't run the Baja with it.). The OBX gives me the trim options I want (other than marine grade seats), and will suit my needs, The cost up to a BL might not seem like much, but I can use that money to get a 5.0L Fox Body, or after market my OBX to give me more capabilities. Or, I can get a BL in a few years if I feel the OBX doesn't deliver.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've loved the idea of everything paint matched on the OBX, thats why im waiting until 22 to get the paint matched roof. Ford did drop the ball with the OBX wheels though, they clash terribly with the painted fender flares, I think thats why a lot of people don't like the look. I've been waiting to see a photoshop of an OBX with Sasquatch and painted flares, and will probably be looking for a set of painted flares to swap with my sasquatch flares. I was narrowed down to Velocity Blue, but still have Race Red and all White on my radar.
Ford Bronco Why all the hate on the OBX? whsq

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered an OBX. Normally I would want the black fenders and mirror caps, but when the modular bumper, mirror caps, fender flares and MIC roof are all a different shade of black, I think it looks terrible. I'll wait and see what after market flares become available over time.

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Obx is not for me but I can see it being ideal for city people that live in warmer climates like Florida. Who doesn’t want the capability of a Bronco and an open air experience. No hate from me. It’s probably a rural vs city thing.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

people hate the OBX because some people just need to hate on something or be pissed off at something. IE: no v8's, 2dr vs 4dr, no green paint. they just can't let other people have their own opinion and let it be at that. or they can never be satisfied with what is offered.

Qman68

Outer Banks
First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang V6 prem, 98 Jeep Cherokee LTD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am sure this is correct but I want to confirm. The outer banks with the Sasquatch package comes without the painted flares?

I like the OB’s grill much better. The WT and BL grill looks like a cheese grater and cheese graters are hard to clean. Imagine having 100 dead bugs stuck on them
"Imagine having 100 dead bugs stuck on them" listen to this one, we've got a thinker here! Bravo! This is real life.

Mike Zike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acadia Denali ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I keep seeing posters trashing the outer banks trim. Why? I’m not trying to hide that I’m a poser, it’s going to be a daily driver that I take camping in Florida a few times a year. What am I missing?
Hell I will be paying mine off at the dealership I could have bought any one of bbn them I like all the things that come with the outer banks, if bbn I want to go tear and scratvhbthe shit out of something it will be my side by side or our bronco sport, bought mine to go through a few trails to go fishing or camping and the beach ,I dont live in the desert, seem like everyone see theirselves fying through Johnson valley and most of us live in the city lol

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could care less what the hell other people think of my outer banks. I’m a senior citizen. I’ve done my share of 4 wheeling and snowmobiling. I’ll leave it to the younger ones to make their own memories. But I will tell you this. When I pass on people will line up to get a like new outer banks.
Sponsored