Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I keep seeing posters trashing the outer banks trim. Why? I’m not trying to hide that I’m a poser, it’s going to be a daily driver that I take camping in Florida a few times a year. What am I missing?
Nothing, it’s a great choice, not just because I also ordered one. Everything I’ll use, nothing I won’t.
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The color matched flares and small car tires don’t look good imo.

FrankieBoy11

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The color matched flares and small car tires don’t look good imo.
Thats why you Sasquatch the thing. Gives you a more comfortable Badlands and for $3k cheaper.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do think it’s kind of weird to buy a SQ OBX, because you loose the most unique feature (painted flares) but I am sure it’s an option availability thing, interior choice?
It actually ends up being a couple hundred more than loaded wildtrak. I did it because of the interior (silver dash), better grille, and matched mirrors. And personally, I prefer to chrome emblem and silver edged rims. Its a good balance of classy and sporty. Besides, who wants wildtrak's black mirrors to forever remind them of the black mod top they never got. The only thing I am not getting is baja mode, and potentially sacrificing some resale. But also - I will have a rarer build at meets.

Dont forget, the FE's mission was to be a mix of badlands features and an OBX level interior (according to Ford). So the next best thing is a sasquatched OBX. And to me, in the looks department, the Sasquatch OBX roast was in first place given the FE was limited to navy pier. Then when they announced a black interior with silver dash on the FE, the sas OBX was demoted to second place. And in recent findings the loss of the silver dash on the FE black brought the sas OBX roast back to first place.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My personal take - because it will be expensive without being hardened.

A well appointed OBX will cost nearly as much as a Badlands, but without any of the ruggedness. Plastic bumpers, city wheels, no armor underneath, they’re even trying to stick you with cloth and charging a big premium for the leather seats.

In the end you’ll spend as much money as a Badlands and not be able to take it off road.

Seems like a silly choice. Might as well spend about the same money for a luxe SUV from someone else that’s totally designed to never leave the suburbs and valet parking lot downtown.

Like i said, just my take on it.
In the end, that’s exactly what I did myself. I had to walk away from the Bronco because it wasn’t big enough inside for the fam. Just signed on an Explorer Platinum for about the same price.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@MacHudson
In terms of off road capability - That maybe so for a non-sas OBX. But a sas OBX could go the same places off-road as a wildtrak, if the wildtrak isnt optioned with the additional bash plates underneath (that the only difference in what's available). Plus baja mode, which depending on what region of the country you live in, probably doesnt change anything.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't hate the OB. I mostly question what you are actually getting for an extra $10,500 over a Base.

18" rims, but still has crappy P-rated tires.
Heated Seats (Nice if you live where is snows I guess - call me when I can get butt coolers)
Body colored fenders, door handles, and mirrors.
Mid Package

You get a much better color selection though.

For me, the value for money seems... lacking somehow.

I'd rather buy a Base and upgrade just what I want, or get the Badlands with all the goodies.
I didn't switch to OBX for any of those reasons. It's the lowest priced trim you can get with a 360 camera (high package) and add the advanced 4x4 (the 4A) which is absolutely necessary in Colorado, without adding a Sasquatch package (because you don't really want or need 35" tires). I can add better wheels and tires if I want to for much less than adding sas or upgrading to a different trim. I think a lot of people are getting it for the same reason. The colored flares, etc. are just a bonus.

All the hate is because that's how forums always go...they start out nice, then people get all elitist and find someone or some group of people to pick on. The followers jump on the bandwagon with insults and name-calling. Happens on every forum I've ever belonged to. I chalk it up to insecurity and sadness. Some people have to find someone to put down to feel better about themselves and their own sad lives.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was on the wild track train, but a loaded SAS OBX with roast leather won out. Pricing was almost identical so I went with the interior I liked best.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I personally am not a fan of the painted fenders. I don't like them on Jeeps either. But get whatever trim you like. Its your money and you're the one driving it. Who cares what others think?

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't switch to OBX for any of those reasons. It's the lowest priced trim you can get with a 360 camera (high package) and add the advanced 4x4 (the 4A) which is absolutely necessary in Colorado, without adding a Sasquatch package (because you don't really want or need 35" tires). I can add better wheels and tires if I want to for much less than adding sas or upgrading to a different trim. I think a lot of people are getting it for the same reason. The colored flares, etc. are just a bonus.

All the hate is because that's how forums always go...they start out nice, then people get all elitist and find someone or some group of people to pick on. The followers jump on the bandwagon with insults and name-calling. Happens on every forum I've ever belonged to. I chalk it up to insecurity and sadness. Some people have to find someone to put down to feel better about themselves and their own sad lives.
Well said, fortunately for me, I can care less what others think. I ordered the OBX for the simple reason, I like it. If someone doesn’t like my choice then I encourage them to buy me my Bronco then they can spec it how they like.

Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was on the wild track train, but a loaded SAS OBX with roast leather won out. Pricing was almost identical so I went with the interior I liked best.
Ha I started with OBX optioned up to be like WT, then considering interior colors switched to WT, which is what my build now is. Yep, the two choices were almost exactly the same price. But given that I’m MY22 and that there may be some changes, it’s possible that I could switch back to an OBX. Funny that some of these choices don’t come down to mechanical stuff, but rather colors. To each his own, but the take that an OBX is some kind of inferior mall crawler is a bit extreme.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats why you Sasquatch the thing. Gives you a more comfortable Badlands and for $3k cheaper.
But with the 2.7 and high package why not get the WT?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

People are lame, Susan. The advent of the internet has shown how petty and rude people can be especially when they can hide behind an electronic device. I’m sure your OBX will be awesome, we were on the same train but my wife hated the interior options. So now she’s getting that Badlands to drive to the MALL, EVERY SINGLE DAY for work lol.

• Haha
Reactions: sjp

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me: Hi, my name is Jim and I'm buying a Bronco Outer Banks.

Others: Hi Jim, one day at a time sir.........:)

TheBuster15

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Regal GS 6Speed, 01 2Dr blazer, 00 Camaro.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the Dabo Sweeney of 6G posts. Nobody hates the people with OBX. But that might be because no one has an OBX yet.
Sponsored