Sponsored

Why all the secrecy BN and OBL and Ford???

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What exactly is the informed decision? Everyone can wait an see what the underside looks like on a base vs a SAS pretty soon. Way before their vehicle is ordered most probably. Anyone who’s buying a base isn’t going to do what a SAS can do. Unless they plan on spending money. Period. Hell I’m willing to bet 80% of Bronco owners will never put it in mud and probably only 5% will rock climb. See all those Jeeps on the ROAD? Yeah....that’s where the Bronco will be too. Cause they want people to actually SEE them in their Bronco. Just like many people get sports cars and never do anything but drive them in the city...
To decide between aftermarket or upgraded factory suspension to meet their needs or wants. When talking about base in this context they are referring to base suspension which is non-Sasquatch and non-Badlands. Black Diamond falls into that camp. Lots of interest in the Black Diamond due to the lower price point.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To decide between aftermarket or upgraded factory suspension to meet their needs or wants. When talking about base in this context they are referring to base suspension which is non-Sasquatch and non-Badlands. Black Diamond falls into that camp. Lots of interest in the Black Diamond due to the lower price point.
Lol those with BD will 9/10 buy aftermarket shocks. BD is probably inline with BL suspension wise if I had to guess? Only diff is the 32 to 33” I’d imagine. The price diff is for the 4.7 locking more so with a few added bonuses interior. I’d opt for BD IF you get get mid pack. But Ford packages force you to BL to get mid pack with a MT.

I can’t see any suspension upgrades from a BD to a BL at all.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol those with BD will 9/10 buy aftermarket shocks. BD is probably inline with BL suspension wise if I had to guess? Only diff is the 32 to 33” I’d imagine. The price diff is for the 4.7 locking more so with a few added bonuses interior. I’d opt for BD IF you get get mid pack. But Ford packages force you to BL to get mid pack with a MT.
The Black Diamond is the base suspension and not like the Badlands or Sasquatch suspension. That is why people are wanting to see it in action and determine if Sasquatch or Badlands upgrade is worth it. The front locker is an upgrade with Sasquatch or Badlands and the 4.7 gearing vs 4.46 is a function of tire size.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a reason that he directed people off this site to answer questions. And it wasn’t to benefit this community.
Man... I read all those posts but didn’t put it together in the moment.

It’s so obvious now.

Ford Bronco Why all the secrecy BN and OBL and Ford??? A519E18D-6ACC-4B8D-A419-4E3F89170F22

Sponsored

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well technically that is correct, Bronco Nation is owned and paid for by Jackson Dawson Marketing. Ford pays Jackson Dawson, a standard business contract arrangement.

A number of us have explained the relationship before, so here is a refresher course. Bronco Nation is masquerading as an enthusiast forum but is in fact owned and run by one of Ford's marketing companies, Jackson Dawson.

Ford's Marketing Company >>> Jackson Dawson >>> Bronco Nation owned by Jackson Dawson

TERMS OF USE

https://community.thebronconation.com/terms-of-use/
The Site is owned and operated by Jackson-Dawson.

Want to know more about Jackson Dawson?

https://www.jacksonmg.com/about/

Trademarks
BRONCO NATION, OFF-ROADEO, BRONCO BASECAMP
https://uspto.report/company/Jackson-Dawson-Communications-Inc

As user @Simmy stated:
Ford = BN, BN = Ford. That's never been in doubt. BN is run by Jackson-Dawson, Ford's marketing company.

When one of Bronco Nation's shill's posted this:
Prove to me that Bronco Nation is owned or even *paid* by Ford and I will literally buy you a Bronco.

I responded and explained in this link (click here).

When I sent him a DM asking for delivery of my Bronco he was going to pay for, he left the site with no further replies or posts.
94863AFE-C609-450E-9D14-92E5E5ABC4DB.jpeg

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If Ford wanted organic/grass roots they should have gotten Sam and Tim and wrote this into an episode.

2B4B461C-8FBB-4986-8828-DEE758CAF787.jpeg

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Black Diamond is the base suspension and not like the Badlands or Sasquatch suspension. That is why people are wanting to see it in action and determine if Sasquatch or Badlands upgrade is worth it. The front locker is an upgrade with Sasquatch or Badlands and the 4.7 gearing vs 4.46 is a function of tire size.
Well BL is only way to go cause without a mid pack it’s crap IMO and BD you can’t get it. At least without the downgrade to auto. BD if you don’t care about mid pack? Get it and upgrade shocks and tie rods. Will save you a fortune.

Last edited:

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Earlier today:
Badlands has a Sasquatch suspension, or very very close to it. It is not yet 100% clear, which is part of the point being made here. How does that upgraded suspension (or suspensions?) differ from the base when it comes to real-world performance?
Obviously cheaper thinner parts. Not as robust. It’s like buying a v6 Camaro then buying a V8 Camaro. Suspension is obviously upgraded. They’re just a tad beefier. But even factory badlands will have parts that aren’t really up to par. Question is how much do you want to spend? Ford won’t get you there.
Then later today:
I can’t see any suspension upgrades from a BD to a BL at all.
tmp(1).gif

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For a while there I though "OBL" stood for Osama Bin Laden.😛

Sponsored
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread, as most do, took some interesting turns. Now we're on Bin Laden! lol Maybe time to just adios it....

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like until the car reviewers get a hold of a bronco for some testing, and give it the fine tooth comb treatment, a lot of really useful info is going to continue to be absent here.
THERE IS ONE REALLY INSIGHTFUL REVIEW OUT THERE!!! Gotta love Vaughn Gittins Jr's layout of why he loves the Bronco. He's been driving one for months and it still makes him smile. That makes me smile ALOT...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I've seen, read, and heard about all I needed to make a decision concerning my Bronco. Little tidbits about small things certainly aren't going to be answered as they really don't amount to much in the overall scheme of things. As customers we can nit pick every aspect about options, and ask why and why not when it comes to whether there's a cup holder inside the two console cup holders. I'm thinking Ford has bigger fish to fry, i.e. covid, supplier problems, the chip shortage, and is that guy living in the central part of North Carolina happy with the placement of the bottle opener.

BTW, on that last one he is quite happy. :)

We're nothing special here folks. We're just a conglomeration of enthusiast waiting on their Broncos. A bunch yes, but only a small part of the overall Bronco customer base.

Last edited:

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I agree that their comments about being completely 'organic' enthusiasts were a little disingenuous, that probably had a lot to do with trying to avoid getting into trouble with their employers.

They still provided some good content - better than what we usually see from BN - and I hope we get more videos like thiers in the future.

Edit: To clarify, I'm thinking they genuinely thought they could make some good videos leveraging the access they had at work. Since they covered some of the same stuff as BN (only better), I find it unlikely this was all some sort of master plan.

Don't think JB/BN has the capacity for master planning.
Except shills pushing content and opinion on internet forums WITHOUT SAYING WHO THEY ARE is EXACTLY the shit the FTC frowns on. Apparently Jackson-Dawson just discovered this "internet thing" I expect by no later than 2028 they'll have it all figured out.
Sponsored