Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why couldn't you take the garage door controller apart, hook an Aux Switch to the battery connector and then the other side of the battery to the other side of the circuit. Once your door starts to open, just flip the Aux Switch off.

I didn't explain it well but I can push and hold the wall switch for my garage door and it doesn't hurt a thing. You'll have to find a place to mount the garage door housing but that could be under the dash or something.

Pretty sure that it could work, just some time. It's only a + and -.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because i like to party!

Im thinking to turn on an inverter, wire up a winch, front lights, rear lights, side lights, and under lights.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the soft and/or plastic hard top, you shouldn't have much interfering with your cell reception to begin with.
I'm thinking more like for areas where coverage is spotty. Example, riding around Reelfoot Lake or Townsend, TN the service comes and goes, Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado...etc. plenty of places where there's a bit of service that could be boosted. Obviously, won't help if there's zero service.

Sponsored

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because if there were 4, people who have absolutely no intention of ever buying a Bronco would scream all over the internet that they need 5 switches and that's why they aren't buying one. Also, AFAIK, this is the same # of upfitter swithches that's been successful in the F-250/350/450 for years, so why break from success?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why couldn't you take the garage door controller apart, hook an Aux Switch to the battery connector and then the other side of the battery to the other side of the circuit. Once your door starts to open, just flip the Aux Switch off.

I didn't explain it well but I can push and hold the wall switch for my garage door and it doesn't hurt a thing. You'll have to find a place to mount the garage door housing but that could be under the dash or something.

I get where you are going with the idea, but at that point it might just be easier to clip it to your visor and push the button... ;)

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It is not clear to me what your are trying to accomplish from your terminology, so I'll give the answer to both possibilities. First possibility is that you want to power a garage door opener and have it activated by a aux/toggle switch; unless Ford has added transformers for the switches, the voltage would likely not be compatible with the guts of the garage opener. (Unless it runs off a 12V battery, which would be a cumbersome opener indeed). Once the voltage problems were overcome with an additional transformer, you would have to short the opener switch so that it activated whether power was applied. Essentially, you would have replaced your opener battery with either switched or unswitched (I don't know if they have a mix of both in the aux switches) so you don't have to worry about a dead battery in your remote.

Second possibility I see is that you want to use the opener battery and just use an aux switch to control it; then you would either find a switch that that was normally open (non-powered) and rated for the opener Amps to go across the opener switch terminals. If the aux switches are all powered, your would have to add in a relay of appropriate voltage.

Or you could do a combination of the two and have one switch apply power and a second to toggle the door.

In any case, you have to cannibalize a perfectly good garage door opener. Find space to mount the case/guts (and after modifying/removing the cover would no longer be very protected from the elements). I'd say you'd be better off in all ways just using the opener normally and secure or hide it in the vehicle

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wont ever leave my opener in the car for safety reasons .
5 switches for a under body camera, rear lights front lights under body lights .

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Front pods
Rear ambers
12V cooler
Air compressor signal
Light bar
Rock lights

Not that that's how I'd necessarily do it, but I can absolutely see someone running out of switches quick just getting started with the off-road essentials. I only have strobe lights and box lights wired up to my service truck, but if I needed more accessories there's always the peace of mind knowing that there's plenty of circuits available to hook it up.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can somebody answer a stupid question? What could you possibly need 6 auxiliary switches for. I get lights, but what else is there?
I did not read through the whole thread but I plan to use two switches to control heating elements for the front seats since I have to add those aftermarket. Then a third switch for a possible front locker. Fourth for an air compressor. Maybe 5th for six lights

DawgBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One will pressurize the cabin before take off, another starts the movie. For undersea adventures in your Bronco, you can use the same cabin pressure-inator and another switch activates the acrylic viewing bubble top (it only comes in "clear" but it IS modular. Another switch activates the land-based gunners hatch (where the aforementioned flame thrower resides), while a separate switch opens the sea-function torpedo port/cowling, but to fire the torpedo, you have to hold down the otherwise non-useful "phone" button on your radio (they finally found something that button can do, for all of you who have been wondering about it since 2004). AND fog lights... I guess you could use one for that.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, they are proud of them puppies at $500.
That's the truth! Hahaha... There are other models and brands out there, but most of them seem more expensive than they should be.
Sponsored