First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not good with this stuff - will there be an easy way to hook up to a garage opener? Like mounting one in the box where there terminate and somehow triggering it every time the switch is flipped, no matter which way?
I'm hoping to turn one into a Garage door opener as well...Since Ford decided it's too fancy to be standard equipment and you need to upgrade to the Lux package to get one 🤦
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you can click each one to the ON position like a fucking fighter jet, of course.
I fully intend to do this every time

BroncoActual

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not good with this stuff - will there be an easy way to hook up to a garage opener? Like mounting one in the box where there terminate and somehow triggering it every time the switch is flipped, no matter which way?
Most likely not without tearing down the overhead console and splicing into the wire at the switch. As others have said already in this post, the aux switches are wired to the engine compartment and to a panel in the passenger footwell (if like the Raptor). These are physically latching switches, so you wouldn't be able to make it trigger every time no matter which way. The best you'd be able to do would be to flip it 'ON' for a few seconds to activate the UGDO, then flip it back to 'OFF'. Otherwise, the UGDO would see the switch as being constantly pressed (I'm not sure what happens if you hold down the open button on your UGDO for a long period of time)

No momentary option through settings?
No, these are mechanically latching

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most likely not without tearing down the overhead console and splicing into the wire at the switch. As others have said already in this post, the aux switches are wired to the engine compartment and to a panel in the passenger footwell (if like the Raptor). These are physically latching switches, so you wouldn't be able to make it trigger every time no matter which way. The best you'd be able to do would be to flip it 'ON' for a few seconds to activate the UGDO, then flip it back to 'OFF'. Otherwise, the UGDO would see the switch as being constantly pressed (I'm not sure what happens if you hold down the open button on your UGDO for a long period of time)

No, these are mechanically latching
Thanks!

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can somebody answer a stupid question? What could you possibly need 6 auxiliary switches for. I get lights, but what else is there?
Light bar
Pod lights
Grille lights
AM fog lights
Roof rack lights
Rear spot lights
Winch?

Sponsored

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

when cleared for takeoff.....hit switch 1.....afterburner soundtrack. Hit switch 2....Top Gun soundtrack.
Switch 3.....Elk Bugle. Switch 4.....Coyote predator call.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real question is:

Did Ford make it easy to route wires from these switches to under dash, past firewall, etc.

* With simple A-Pillar covers that are easy to remove and actually have space for wires....

BroncoActual

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real question is:

Did Ford make it easy to route wires from these switches to under dash, past firewall, etc.

* With simple A-Pillar covers that are easy to remove and actually have space for wires....
They're pre-wired to the engine compartment and passenger footwell

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need one to turn on and off the CB/Ham radios, inverter, wheel lights, rock lights, pod lights, rear lights.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can somebody answer a stupid question? What could you possibly need 6 auxiliary switches for. I get lights, but what else is there?
If your thread devolves into a meme war on the first page, you aren't going to get the answers you were looking for. LOL.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody had to do it. :cool: