Sponsored

Why are the dash USB ports charging only and not for carplay?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are these 2 ports on the dash for charging only vs being able to connect to carplay wired? When out on the trails, I use my ipad mini gaia gps that displays on carplay. Works perfect wired but not a fan of wireless carplay with the app. Wife likes to plug her phone in for carplay as well.

I like to keep a clean look with my cords hidden or not as noticeable. Spent good $ on a dash rail and 67D ball mounts, arms & device holders. Last thing I want to do is then drape a cord down to the ports below the center stack since the ipad mini will be mounted on the dash rail. I can’t stand when my wife drapes her cord over the shifter or cupholders.
Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does this mean neither port is attached to sync 4/dac On Lux, only power? So no usb drive, carplay…etc?

OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does this mean neither port is attached to sync 4/dac On Lux, only power? So no usb drive, carplay…etc?
I haven't been able to get my iphone 13 pro to connect to sync or carplay using the dash usb-c or usb-a ports. I also see that it has the battery charging icon on the usb faceplate as well vs the other icon that’s on the ports below the center stack.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a no-brainer, Next update ford needs to add this functionality.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All of our iphones work with either the USB A or USB c connections by the climate controls. I have not tried the upper dash, rear seat or console connections.... And they work with Wireless Carplay as well...

Works on both Broncos and my 2021 F250 with Sync3 (F250 doesn't have wireless Carplay)

Try to have your ipad up and unlocked when you plug in.

Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't been able to get my iphone 13 pro to connect to sync or carplay using the dash usb-c or usb-a ports. I also see that it has the battery charging icon on the usb faceplate as well vs the other icon that’s on the ports below the center stack.
The battery icon means that the usb will still have power even when the vehicle ignition is off.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can download maps from GAIA gps to your mobile device before heading out and view via wireless Carplay while out wheeling. No real need for wires other than charging.

OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can download maps from GAIA gps to your mobile device before heading out and view via wireless Carplay while out wheeling. No real need for wires other than charging.
Yes that's what I do, however wireless CarPlay has lag which is what I'm trying to get away from. I have Gaia maps on my phone and iPad but use the iPad specifically for it.

OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands