Sponsored

Why are there no cupholders!!? Also, Pics and observations.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What???? 2 cup holders. I'm out. Where is the master thread for canceling orders? :)

Note: Going forward, we should all make a concerted effort to steer every thread toward cupholders. Some of the threads where cup holders are not discussed are feeling left out.
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you say thereā€™s two available, we show you thereā€™s more and then you quibble. I dunno what you expect. Thereā€™s options that provides more than 2, others have also mentioned you can clip things to the seats and thereā€™s storage pockets in the doors for things like bottles and other items. I am certain there will be after market items too. If this is the one thing you consider a deal breaker in a capable off-road utilitarian vehicle, I gotta question your judgement.

My Honda Fit daily driver has no less than 12 cup holders... a teeny tiny car that fits no more than 5 people had TWELVE cup holders. You know what I call that? A lot of wasted space. Good on Ford for not doing the same.

Literally nobody is complaining and saying it's a deal breaker. I've explained that there are literally two cup holders in a 4 Door MGV bronco, and how silly that is. Not complaining, it's funny really.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many cup holders does a jeep have? It doesn't really matter because I still want a Bronco. Adapt to my environment.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

imagine making 10 posts on a forum in the last year and three of them being aimed at the guy who isnā€™t even trolling. Lighten up man. Itā€™s all in good fun.
I assumed you were trolling...Turns out you just didn't know the Bronco very well. I should have followed my own advice, "never assume malice when it can be explained by ignorance".

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Speaking of cupholders, when my dad bought our ā€˜76, a console was an option but he declined. So it was just flat floor between the front seats. He later just bought a cooler with four cup holders on the top and used it as a console. Guns, ammo, knives, duct tape, lighters, flashlights inside, drinks on top.

Sponsored

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I havenā€™t checked because itā€™s not a big deal, but does the Base have the MOLLE grids? I donā€™t think so.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assumed you were trolling...Turns out you just didn't know the Bronco very well. I should have followed my own advice, "never assume malice when it can be explained by ignorance".
OQ4QeVl.gif

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to post a pic of a cupholder solution via Google search but ended up with tons of results, and I couldn't pick just one
Cabela's offers this and calls it "marine grade nylon" so that would go well with the MGV.
Ford Bronco Why are there no cupholders!!? Also, Pics and observations. 1618416689143

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

I think the lack of cup holders was the result of tons of R&D by the Ford Engineers. Their findings concluded that too many Big Gulps filled with Mountain Dew sloshing around on the trails was hazardous so they omitted the cup holders as a safety precaution.

That, or they were so busy arguing about what orange looks like and forgot to add them.
Most German cars have few and not very useful cup holders. The thought is that when you are driving a car, you should drive the car and not be drinking anything. When off-roading in you Bronco you should be driving, not drinking. If you want your beer stop at a nice stop and drink it!

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems pretty simple. In the 4 door, If you have 4 people in the vehicle you have 4 cupholders and a mini armrest. If you have 5 people in the vehicle then you have 2 cupholders and 3 people in the back complaining about how it is not set up for 3 people in the back and that everything is uncomfortable and the annoyance on the cupholders will not really surface..

PS - DesertChip is almost right on German cars. You are not allowed to drink anything other than a 0.5L bottle of water (which is the only thing that fits all the time). Anything else and it was engineered for annoyance purposefully.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What???? 2 cup holders. I'm out. Where is the master thread for canceling orders? :)

Note: Going forward, we should all make a concerted effort to steer every thread toward cupholders. Some of the threads where cup holders are not discussed are feeling left out.
That's a good thought, kind of like how every thread, especially any with pictures, somehow includes a heated discussion about the number of doors.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Most German cars have few and not very useful cup holders. The thought is that when you are driving a car, you should drive the car and not be drinking anything. When off-roading in you Bronco you should be driving, not drinking. If you want your beer stop at a nice stop and drink it!
I like water with my dust, thank you.

Ford Bronco Why are there no cupholders!!? Also, Pics and observations. 1618417403277

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get the logic, but in this case weā€™re talking about the rear seats. Those passengers arenā€™t driving. Theyā€™re sitting.