Sponsored

Why are they saying Bronco's resale value is so terrible?

gdgraph

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Comparing a Wildtrak to an similarly priced Rubicon, they are saying the Bronco will depreciate double the amount of a Wrangler ($27k over 5 years vs $13k)?

I know there's a shortage now and you can sell a used one above MSRP, but I was planning to keep mine long term (5+ years) so now I'm a little concerned.

Ford Bronco Why are they saying Bronco's resale value is so terrible? TCO Bronco

Ford Bronco Why are they saying Bronco's resale value is so terrible? TCO Wrangler
Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"THEY" have no idea what the market will bring in a few years.

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think that there is enough data available for anyone to have any clue about this matter at this time. I think you may have mistakelny took the clickbate sir.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who is “They”?

Also, if people are paying way above ADM, yes, they are going to get spanked on resale once the Bronco becomes ubiquitous. Timing of adequate supply to meet demand is the unknown given today’s supply chain disruptions. Caveat emptor.

jamtra

Wildtrak
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Comparing a Wildtrak to an similarly priced Rubicon, they are saying the Bronco will depreciate double the amount of a Wrangler ($27k over 5 years vs $13k)?

I know there's a shortage now and you can sell a used one above MSRP, but I was planning to keep mine long term (5+ years) so now I'm a little concerned.

Ford Bronco Why are they saying Bronco's resale value is so terrible? TCO Wrangler

Is that sponsored by Jeep? Just kidding. With everything going on, there isn't anyway for them to project out that far on a brand new vehicle model.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No one has any idea.

Wranglers have good resale value because you can't tell a ten year old one from a new one, and because there is no competition.

Now there's competition, and we have no idea if the next bronco will look identical.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wrangler has a very long track record of extremely low depreciation. I have owned 3, and the two I sold, I nearly broken even on despite owning for 4 years and 40k miles. They likely took the track record of depreciation and projected into the future 5 years for that report.

The Bronco has no such track record, so they probably just took average new SUV depreciation and applied it. Average SUV depreciation is much higher than a Wrangler. It remains to be seen if a new Bronco will depreciate above, at, or below average. Lets all hope is holds value like the Wrangler does.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another vote for 'clickbait'. Now that Jeep has direct competition from Bronco and Bronco Sport, why couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't their resale values drop across their entire lineup? Again, another extrapolation using flawed- or no- actual data.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrangler has a very long track record of extremely low depreciation. I have owned 3, and the two I sold, I nearly broken even on despite owning for 4 years and 40k miles. They likely took the track record of depreciation and projected into the future 5 years for that report.

The Bronco has no such track record, so they probably just took average new SUV depreciation and applied it. Average SUV depreciation is much higher than a Wrangler. It remains to be seen if a new Bronco will depreciate above, at, or below average. Lets all hope is holds value like the Wrangler does.
Every manufacturer calls their hatchbacks and wagon SUVs- including 2wds. That negates your argument.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure all of the current issues have "them" putting a lower perspective resale value on the Bronco. "They" are probably thinking the current very publicized quality issues will scare away potential used car buyers in a few years.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thousands of first time buyers of this type, expecting their $50,000 vehicles not to have wind noise, not to leak water, to drive like a sedan, who realize their wives need a step stool to get in and out, those who bought two doors expecting putting a baby in the back seat would be a minor inconvenience........as well as those that wanted hard tops and settled for soft tops. Yes, I can see the novelty wearing out quickly, for quite a few people.

Last edited:

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend