Sponsored

Why are used Raptors still so expensive?

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is by no means me even considering jumping off the Bronco ship, but occasionally I will just poke around and see what's available for shits and giggles. Recently I took a look at some used F150 Raptors ranging from 2013-ish to 2020s. Bare minimum cost for a USED Raptor with at most (that I saw) 80-90k miles, was still well over 50k. Hell 2020s were selling for MORE than MSRP, by 20k in some cases. Is there some kind of Raptor shortage going on or something? Why are they still so expensive?
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Demand > quantity

MikeD

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I paid 51k for my ‘12 new and it’s still worth over 40k with 45k miles, don’t plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. I think it’s because they are reliable and tons of mods available.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean you kind of answered your own question, that you looked. Interest is high, quantity is low.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why the demand/interest though? You think it has something to do with COVID and people wanting to get out? I literally see dozens every day around here, more than just standard F150s honestly (aside from company trucks), it's weird. Perhaps nobody is selling, but aside from the general world wide supply shortages slowing down production, I can't imagine why anybody would pay 80k for a used one with 16k miles, when you can order a brand one from a dealership at or close to MSRP assuming you can find a dealership that isnt going to mark it up too much. In any case, a quick search of local dealerships shows easily 30+ available, both used and new, there doesn't exactly seem to be a shortage of them, they are just all 15k+ or more over MSRP. 🤷‍♂️

I mean, I can kinda see why the old V8 might demand a premium, given the old goats that just think V8>ALL lol. Just blows my mind that a 2013, could still be going for 58k dollars. 🤯

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered and bought a '11 brand new. (btw, from order to delivery was over 4 months.) It is way fun to drive and part of the permanent collection. I hope the Bronco is as fun.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is by no means me even considering jumping off the Bronco ship, but occasionally I will just poke around and see what's available for shits and giggles. Recently I took a look at some used F150 Raptors ranging from 2013-ish to 2020s. Bare minimum cost for a USED Raptor with at most (that I saw) 80-90k miles, was still well over 50k. Hell 2020s were selling for MORE than MSRP, by 20k in some cases. Is there some kind of Raptor shortage going on or something? Why are they still so expensive?
Been in the news for weeks, new and used prices are climbing. Diesels are worse (or better if you already have one), I bought my 2011 Duramax used in 2011 for $42K, now it's worth $45K after driving it for 10 years.

OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are used homes still so expensive?
Not even remotely in the same ball park in terms of value and depreciation/appreciation. Its EXTREMLY unusual for a vehicle to appreciate unless its something super special, one off, old and or extremely rare, or whatever.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Because one looks like this
Ford Bronco Why are used Raptors still so expensive? OIP.OC5RJreLqC6G6GmVJbwObAHaE7

and the other looks like this
Ford Bronco Why are used Raptors still so expensive? OIP.oiDqjrqrpKKFPlby6IlsWwHaE7

Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why the demand/interest though? You think it has something to do with COVID and people wanting to get out? I literally see dozens every day around here, more than just standard F150s honestly (aside from company trucks), it's weird. Perhaps nobody is selling, but aside from the general world wide supply shortages slowing down production, I can't imagine why anybody would pay 80k for a used one with 16k miles, when you can order a brand one from a dealership at or close to MSRP assuming you can find a dealership that isnt going to mark it up too much. In any case, a quick search of local dealerships shows easily 30+ available, both used and new, there doesn't exactly seem to be a shortage of them, they are just all 15k+ or more over MSRP. 🤷‍♂️

I mean, I can kinda see why the old V8 might demand a premium, given the old goats that just think V8>ALL lol. Just blows my mind that a 2013, could still be going for 58k dollars. 🤯
You know also the thing about this though, is also a lot to do with human nature. We tend to notice things we care to notice. Like when you buy a vehicle and all of a sudden realize there are a lot more of those cars out there because it now matters to you. Honestly I don't take any notice when a new Corolla rolls around, but I do notice how many more of the same vehicle I drive I notice. Because they aren't just noise to me anymore. In your case, well, you admire the Raptors, so you notice them a lot more, there is no way they outnumber F150s in just about "anywhereUSA".

OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been in the news for weeks, new and used prices are climbing. Diesels are worse (or better if you already have one), I bought my 2011 Duramax used in 2011 for $42K, now it's worth $45K after driving it for 10 years.
That's crazy. Have you seen any explanation as to why in the news or whatever? I can kinda see why prices would be going up if there were huge supply shortages... but it doesnt seem like that specifically is enough of an issue to cause that kind of spike. I guess I am just wondering why the demand for trucks has gone up so much.
You know also the thing about this though, is also a lot to do with human nature. We tend to notice things we care to notice. Like when you buy a vehicle and all of a sudden realize there are a lot more of those cars out there because it now matters to you. Honestly I don't take any notice when a new Corolla rolls around, but I do notice how many more of the same vehicle I drive I notice. Because they aren't just noise to me anymore. In your case, well, you admire the Raptors, so you notice them a lot more, there is no way they outnumber F150s in just about "anywhereUSA".
Well the Raptor was never really on my radar. But my memory is a bit strange like that.... I can't remember to lock the front door, forget doctors appointments, the list goes on and on with the things I can't remember. But, I can remember all my CC numbers, every phone number from everybody I know, I remember faces for years (though I tend to lose the name association). Hell I can remember shapes and positioning of trees relative to the surrounding such that backcountry backpacking without GPS is a breeze! But most importantly :LOL: I can oddly remember just about every vehicle I see on a given trip, especially if I am not driving. Around here 3 out of every 5 F150s I see are company trucks with branding on the doors, the rest are split roughly evenly with Raptors and high end trim F150s. But close to my home, MOST of them are Raptors. If I head out west, or south of downtown phoenix however, the old beat up F150s are a dime dozen. Would you like to know how many Corollas I saw yesterday? hahaha!

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Because Raptors are sexy and SEX sells

Ford Bronco Why are used Raptors still so expensive? 1619104372973

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"On [your] radar" is not likely something you consciously are deciding. Until, well, you do. But I get it. Not to mention I see a lot of black and gray SUV's from Audi, Cadillac, and Porsche, but that is also an extension of my neighborhood location, not their sales numbers per se. I only know of 2 x F150's on the same street, but here in TX, yeah, they sell a lot more than that. Not a good statistic though due to the small sample size.

OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The chip shortage is going to hit cars. People are driving less, buying less, margins... there are tons of factors. It's a sellers market for almost everything right now.
I get it... I've been trying to buy a video card for my computer for a couple months now since my 2070 died. Its insane how much a even a used 2070 is going for right now, you can forget about a 3000 series GPU, unless you like getting bent over... But anyway, that doesn't explain why late 90s early 2000s Jeep Cherokees are now going for $10,000 dollars as well. :LOL:
Sponsored