Sponsored

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
EXACTLY!

And I got banned from two threads for saying this. Anyone who thinks differently is in La La Land and is basing their views on their own self serving opinion. I keep reading "Ford is catering to the big dealerships", and what is this view based on? What evidence is there? Seems pure self serving speculation to me, just a bunch of factless whining. Ban me again for my view, don't care. Give me bad rep, don't care.

While the allocation system is not perfect, it is how the system works, for all manufacturers. It's there because it works, and is fair. Not fair in every possible scenario, and not perfect in every scenario, but nothing is. It works the best in most situations. No one wants to hold any dealership accountable for the individual marketing decisions that a dealership made. Sure, the dealership can be a great place, and sure the people there can be great people, but that doesn't change the fact that a dealership choose to try to take advantage of a system and it backfired on them and their customers. Ford is under no obligation to violate it's own system, that every dealership knows about, to accommodate a couple dealerships that took a risk and decided to market at way below invoice prices and ended up taking a ton of orders, WAY more than they normally would have, and WAY more than they could reasonably expect Ford to give them. It's business, they took a risk. It didn't work out like they hoped it would. Not Ford's fault.

I read peoples comments on here that imply Ford hates it's own customers. Ridiculous. Ford is giving incentives to help goodwill while people wait, Ford is doing the Off Roadeos, Ford is now doing special drive events throughout the country. While Ford has messed things some things up, and while they have had to deal with unexpected problems and issues, Ford has no reason or motivation at all to shit on it's customers. Silly to think so. Those who think so are just venting and ranting to satisfy their own frustration.

It really is amazing how much pure bullshit I see posted around here regarding Ford and dealerships. Some of you need to get a life. Cheers. 😊 🍻
Ford Bronco why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers? FordApologizem
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last year, Bronco allocations seemed to be based on reservations for Broncos. That would mean reservations should be filled in order. This year, allocations are apparently based off performance with other models prior to any Bronco reservations.

That directly benefits dealers that operate in larger markets.
Your comment is speculation. Which is exactly what I said. So, your comment supports my comment.

Ford said that reservation dates would influence production dates. Ford never said that reservation dates would be the ONLY factor controlling production dates, which seems to be the interpretation of those who are whining the most. Parts availability is a factor, as we have seen. Dealership allocation has also been a factor, FROM the BEGINNING. At no point has Ford ever said, from what I've seen, that they are abandoning all previous dealer allocation formulas for Bronco production. Lots of people are implying that Ford did that, but no where does Ford actually say that.

My dealership is selling at MSRP. They have MANY more reservations and orders than they got allocation for 2021 production. Additionally, parts shortages and the hard top problems have limited production and allocation fulfillment. It seems pretty clear that every dealer has more orders than allocation. So, what's the problem?

BTW, vehicle allocations, with every manufacturer, are based on previous sales history. How the heck else would it be done?

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford lied and now real enthusiasts are suffering the consequences.
Suffering the consequences of dealers making deals with their customers before checking with their supplier?

Yeah, I'd be bothered by that too.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But if I were one of those people, I'd be pissed at the dealer who promised me something they can't deliver on. The dealerships own the relationship with Ford. Not us. Maybe they should've ran their business model by Ford first to see if i they'd be able to meet demand? Before they went making promises they can't keep.

we were all quick to blame Ford for their supplier Webasto. Shouldn't we then blame the dealers for their supplier Ford?
Well said. I can't believe how many folks think this is a Ford only issue. These dealers were trying to pull a fast one and the people that signed up with them are going to pay the price.
Did anyone ever question if it was a good idea to sign up with a dealer with many hundreds and hundreds of orders?
Ford Bronco why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers? 1634002976099

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good luck getting much support on this. Some members are being blocked from posts that don't support the mainstream thinking. It's sad that we come here for good info and now, they want to censor us because some opinions don't agree with the popular members thinking. How can you achieve balance if all opinions are not considered? Nobody is asking for agreement, just look at all sides. Censor as they may, the truth will always be the truth.
yep been blocked from a post for agreeing with another post that was not popular thinking

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last year, Bronco allocations seemed to be based on reservations for Broncos. That would mean reservations should be filled in order. This year, allocations are apparently based off performance with other models prior to any Bronco reservations.

That directly benefits dealers that operate in larger markets.
It would seem that in that case, the larger markets would have a lot of customers and more would be taken care of sooner. I wish I knew how this all affected the other 95% of customers not on this forum. Did they just reserve at their local Ford dealer or go to greater lengths to buy? I think much of the problem here is we're too close to the room where the sausage is being made and it's not what many expected.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well said. I can't believe how many folks think this is a Ford only issue. These dealers were trying to pull a fast one and the people that signed up with them are going to pay the price.
Did anyone ever question if it was a good idea to sign up with a dealer with many hundreds and hundreds of orders?
Ford Bronco why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers? 41XB577XKVL._QL70_ML2_
I made a comment on that in another thread and it got taken down and I was banned from the thread. The only blame allowed here seems to be against Ford.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Orders being fulfilled roughly in reservation time stamp order was the promise.

Time stamp order as in a 4th day reservation should be fulfilled before a 5th day reservation.

Dealer choice is not part of this equation.

Remember… Ford would have zero forecast data without our orders. The data consumers provided makes Ford’s forecasts actionable via significant investment and or more likely loans.

Our preorders made this happen at this scale.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I made a comment on that in another thread and it got taken down and I was banned from the thread. The only blame allowed here seems to be against Ford.
What thread?

That's crazy. I had no idea people could be banned from threads.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What thread?

That's crazy. I had no idea people could be banned from threads.
I believe it was this one.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-no-one-said-it-was-going-to-be-easy.25052/

I said pretty much what was posted above that people should have seen a situation heading the wrong way a little more every day and they should have realized they were in a very long line. Someone in charge doesn't appreciate negativity against that dealer, but seems to have no issue with constantly bashing Ford. It will all play out in the end anyway, regardless of how many they choose to block. As time moves on, I believe that dealer will loose a significant number of orders. Not likely you'll hear about it here though. They will be either too embarrassed or not want to listen to the backlash from the forum bullies.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know that for fact? If so, then yes, it's on Ford. I still really have a hard time believing Ford said, oh you want to add 1000's of orders to your small dealership that normally sells 100's Ford's a year, go for it! We'll totally have no problem diverting Bronco's from our other big dealers that sell 1000's of Ford's every year for us, to you.

I doubt Ford cares. As I think we've all learned over the past few years, a lot of us live in these echo chambers and think we're the only ones being hit by something. As I said in my original post, we're talking less than 1% of Bronco orders getting pushed into 2023. Ford will sell that at other dealers, no problem. Ford isn't losing any business here. And all these so called 'enthusiasts' will still buy their Broncos and they'll love it. I don't think Ford loses any business here. Ford wants to keep their main distributors happy vs a few small dealers that, once this is over, go back to selling less than 50 Broncos a year.

As the saying goes 'if it's too good to be true, it probably is'. And I get it, people are pissed because they thought they beat the man. Well you did. You just need to wait longer than the rest of us. What's more important? Bronco now? or saving a few hundred dollars? Life is about choices. Nobody owes you anything.

Using an internet forum to inorganically drive up reservations numbers.
Yes, Ford is at fault for not foreseeing this issue. Good on those dealers for trying to take advantage of it. But they also should've verified with their supplier that they would match orders.

If it was such a great idea, why didn't the other 3000 dealers try to do the same? Maybe bc they knew that's not how it worked?

First Ford I'll have owned in 20yrs. My step father is retired from GM, so we usually only buy GM in this family.
Next, why is no one holding the dealerships accountable for not doing their due diligence? Last I checked you're the dealers customer. Not Ford's.

If amazon sold you an iphone, but then turned around and said Apple only gave us 200 iphones, but we have 300 orders. so 100 of you aren't getting iphones. Are you pissed at apple? or amazon? I'm pretty sure I'm pissed at amazon for leading me on. And now bc of supply and demand, I can't buy that new iphone anywhere.

do you know that for a fact? Ford told dealers do whatever you want and accumulate as many orders as you possibly can with no repercussions & allocations didn't matter? or did dealerships just assume that? I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Yes, Ford said that to the public. Bc again, Ford didn't account for a few dealerships inorganically inflating their orders. And that is where Ford went wrong. But they aren't fixing it, or care, bc as I've said, it's such a small amount of orders in the end. I know everyone thinks B6G has every Bronco orderer as a member, but sadly that is not the case.
Literally everything you wrote is changing facts to fit a narrative. There is so many inaccuracies for all I know random GM internet guy is a PR firm hired by Ford. To be that far off base this is a reasonable explanation.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yet, they Ford took in orders left and right, ending up with over 1000 190,000 orders reservations they promised to deliver this and next year roughly in timestamp order. But they must have known that there is no way they can get those huge allocations that huge production if they never got that before. Ford has to spread what they can make in some more or less fair (and decided by computers reservation order, as promised when reservations were being taken) way. And there are way over 100k reservations nation wide and a limited monthly (and yearly!) supply.

IMO these dealers were Ford was either naive or reckless in taking in that many orders, without at least clearing with corporate supply chain and manufacturing up front if they'll even be able to get build that many units to sell. They oversold and overpromised without backup from the mothership anyone in touch with reality. It's fantastic to offer such deals reservations, but don't make that an unlimited offer if supply is limited.
FTFY.

Cadillac just did this with the Blackwings. Admittedly on a much smaller scale, but they did it correctly. They limited reservations to what they could surely build in 2021, and it was a small quantity relative to subsequent dealer allocations, so they could do it both ways. My understanding is that the reservations were sent to end buyers, regardless of dealer location or allocations. Once this small number of reservations was fulfilled (or on track to being fulfilled) they then opened up 2022 ordering per the normal dealer allocation process.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I believe it was this one.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-no-one-said-it-was-going-to-be-easy.25052/

I said pretty much what was posted above that people should have seen a situation heading the wrong way a little more every day and they should have realized they were in a very long line. Someone in charge doesn't appreciate negativity against that dealer, but seems to have no issue with constantly bashing Ford. It will all play out in the end anyway, regardless of how many they choose to block. As time moves on, I believe that dealer will loose a significant number of orders. Not likely you'll hear about it here though. They will be either too embarrassed or not want to listen to the backlash from the forum bullies.
And other members who bleed Ford Blue never let us forget it and they have no issue constantly apologizing for Ford, regardless of the mistakes and missteps.
Sponsored