Sponsored

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what decision? does anyone know that Ford came out and said allocations don't matter and won't matter? or did people just assume that?

Ford obviously didn't foresee this happening. So they probably didn't explicitly say one way or the other. And that's on them for not being clear. They probably figured it would organically fall where it usually falls. (big dealers would have a lot of reservations, small would have a small amount)

But I still stand by the dealership should've checked with Ford on that. Shouldn't go processing orders on an assumption.

The dealers that didn't check with their supplier (Ford) if their business model would work. If their supplier would be able to meet their expectations. They own the relationship with Ford. Not us.
The ineptitude you're describing is still on Ford. The changes made to deal with the problem were made by Ford. Shit rolls down hill but responsibility starts at top
Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford was just the go-between. That's why when you switched dealers your refund came from the dealer, not Ford. Because your reservation was with the dealer.

It was a jammed in process to try and fit their dealer model. Definitely flawed.
The bottom line is that the reservations were Fords idea, not the dealers. Most dealers didn’t have a clue.

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When was the right time for Ford to make changes... in the middle of 2022 or before the 2022 order dates???
If the problem is that these smaller dealers have too many reservations/orders, then Ford should have contacted them and/or the customer and told them about the issue. They didn't. At this point, the change to allocation should only affect MY2022 orders going forward. To even suggest that someone that reserved their Bronco in the summer 2020 might not get their Bronco until possibly 2023 is unacceptable.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what decision? does anyone know that Ford came out and said allocations don't matter and won't matter? or did people just assume that?

Ford obviously didn't foresee this happening. So they probably didn't explicitly say one way or the other. And that's on them for not being clear. They probably figured it would organically fall where it usually falls. (big dealers would have a lot of reservations, small would have a small amount)

But I still stand by the dealership should've checked with Ford on that. Shouldn't go processing orders on an assumption.

The dealers that didn't check with their supplier (Ford) if their business model would work. If their supplier would be able to meet their expectations. They own the relationship with Ford. Not us.

Man you need to read through the forums and find out info before spewing all this crap. There was never any initial talk of allocations at the beginning but I new they would because of my time around these a-holes. Ford 100% new small dealers were getting a bunch of reservations. Look it up. Dealers all over we’re calling to complain about how everyone was leaving there store for granger and the like. My dealer knew exactly who I was switching to before I told them. I am still waiting on your investigative report to show me granger never contacted Ford about this situation.

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

According to the dealers on here, they DID check with Ford. I will take them at their word. If it was a problem for Ford, they would see how many orders were coming from these dealers and they should have notified them or told them they are setting an annual cap on the number of orders. Ford did not do this.

Ford was the one who forecast they could make over 100k Broncos in 2021. Ford was the one who then said they would fill all reservations before making stock vehicles. Ford was the one who has continued to change the timeline. I have been quiet about my criticism of Ford because a lot of this is out of their control. This situation is their doing. There is an easy fix for those who reserved their Broncos, and they have decided they aren't going to do it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To even suggest that someone that reserved their Bronco in the summer 2020 might not get their Bronco until possibly 2023 is unacceptable.
I completely agree.

where we disagree is who's fault that is. Blame is on both sides, if you ask me.

and not just you, but most of us on here will need to just agree to disagree.

Also, a lot of those at these dealers own their own fate. They can easily switch dealers and get their Bronco next year. Switch to one of these 'big dealers' everyone is talking about. If they're getting more allocations then reservations...

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ummm, why on Earth should I have to call every dealer in the phone book (ok, the internet) to find out their:

1) Bronco sales price
2) Number of allocations
3) what place I would be in their waiting line

Sorry, that's way too much leg work. And from my limited experience already most Ford salesmen don't have as much knowledge of the Bronco ordering process as 6G members do.

Ford should solely follow the time stamp reservation... period. I'm sure Ford's computer system is capable of going down the time stamp list one-by-one and making each Bronco that is buildable. Then after being built shipping that Bronco to whatever dealer has the order. Simple.

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I completely agree.

where we disagree is who's fault that is. Blame is on both sides, if you ask me.

and not just you, but most of us on here will need to just agree to disagree.

Also, a lot of those at these dealers own their own fate. They can easily switch dealers and get their Bronco next year. Switch to one of these 'big dealers' everyone is talking about. If they're getting more allocations then reservations...
Why is that a fair solution? They had an agreement for a good price, and Ford was completely aware of this because it was within the rules that Ford set up. And now they're going back on that. That's the issue. If Ford decides starting in MY2022, they are going back to their old way of doing things, fine. But anyone who converted their reservation to an order for MY 2021 should not be punished because Ford doesn't understand how to run the system they created.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
According to the dealers on here, they DID check with Ford. I will take them at their word. If it was a problem for Ford, they would see how many orders were coming from these dealers and they should have notified them or told them they are setting an annual cap on the number of orders. Ford did not do this.
Then if that's true. Yes, this is completely on Ford. And pretty messed up if Ford ok'd it, and then reneged on that.

I personally never heard anyone say that. and why I came to my conclusions & posted.

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Then if that's true. Yes, this is completely on Ford. And pretty messed up if Ford ok'd it, and then reneged on that.

I personally never heard anyone say that. and why I came to my conclusions & posted.
Ford knows which dealers these orders are coming from. I would assume it would raise a red flag if they noticed some smaller dealers having so many reservations being converted to orders. If that is a problem for Ford in relation to their larger dealers, this should have been addressed very early in the process. Furthermore, to change it now to retroactively apply it to MY2021 orders who have already been waiting way too long is incredibly unethical and infuriating.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bottom line: Reservation/Order holders from Granger, SAC, Chapman, etc. need to evaluate the situation. If you want a Bronco next year, you need to revisit your local dealers and see if those dealers will talk and discuss terms with you. With the most recent announcement, I believe Ford has pushed buyers back to local high volume dealers. Problem with that situation is, 8-10 months ago I couldn't get a dealer in Chicago to discuss pricing at all. How am I supposed to blindly just switch? There isn't one savvy buyer here who would blindly go into that situation. Whether you are at one of the dealers above or at your current location. None of us would sign up for that raping... none of us.

That's the issue at hand. Granger said (I believe them) they'd help their reservation holders switch to a more local dealership. But why would I do that, when I can't get answers to any of the questions that Mike and Ford tell us to get before placing the order? It's a slimy catch 22 that isn't in my favor as a consumer.

gammaguybronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I just remember back before the reservation system went live that the dealers were lost. Ford hadn't communicated with them about the reservation system and how it would look, so even if the customer reached out to a dealer you couldn't get any info on the reservation system and allocations weren't even mentioned. For that reason alone I don't see how you can kill the reservation holder for not knowing the internal workings of the allocation system. It was never mentioned. Perhaps Ford didn't even intend to use it at that time and later added it back in after larger dealers went begging and having tantrums. Regardless, we the customer are left holding the bag.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is Ford trying to appease big dealers at all? What leverage do they have over Ford? What are they going to do, drop Ford and sell Yugo instead?

Ford should be in the business of building vehicles and getting them into consumers' hands as quickly as possible. This new allocation formula does nothing to expedite this process, it doesn't make a dime more money for Ford, and it just drives disgruntled reservation holders to buy a competitor's vehicle instead.

I usually trust capitalism to naturally exploit market inefficiencies, but somehow the auto industry continually chooses 'tradition' over profits.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whether this means anything to you or not, they did, but it's hard to find the right search terms to identify that particular grain of salt in the ocean of posts regarding Granger. It was a concern by some that Ford might balk at the number of reservations for Granger. I remember them posting that Ford gave the go-ahead. It's possible I've created that memory, the brain does that sometimes, but I'm fairly sure it happened.

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why is Ford trying to appease big dealers at all? What leverage do they have over Ford? What are they going to do, drop Ford and sell Yugo instead?

Ford should be in the business of building vehicles and getting them into consumers' hands as quickly as possible. This new allocation formula does nothing to expedite this process, it doesn't make a dime more money for Ford, and it just drives disgruntled reservation holders to buy a competitor's vehicle instead.

I usually trust capitalism to naturally exploit market inefficiencies, but somehow the auto industry continually chooses 'tradition' over profits.
Volume.

Big dealers in large markets move stock. But that's the rub here... the "stock" isn't the same. There are buyers waiting in line to just pickup the vehicle. Dealers don't have to work for the sale like a walk in customer or an internet inquiry. It's right there in their lap. The issue is transparency with the terms of the deal. I haven't found a dealer locally (Chicago area) that will commit to anything. Therein lies the problem.
Sponsored