Sponsored

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Bronc-O @goatman you guys got banned for being pro Ford? That's kind of surprising 🤔
I know!!! 😭 Some call anyone that says anything positive about Ford a "fanboy". Shouldn't most of us be at least a little bit? We're on a Ford enthusiast forum and buying a Ford product. Some people just don't make sense. We basically got banned for sharing our opinion on the situation with a certain dealer and some were offended that we thought the dealer should share at least part of the blame for the current situation.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I know!!! 😭 Some call anyone that says anything positive about Ford a "fanboy". Shouldn't most of us be at least a little bit? We're on a Ford enthusiast forum and buying a Ford product. Some people just don't make sense. We basically got banned for sharing our opinion on the situation with a certain dealer and some were offended that we thought the dealer should share at least part of the blame for the current situation.

Another EXACTLY!

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Allocation needs to go away. I can't think of a single reason for its existence other than dealers and corporate 69ing each other. I want dealerships to compete for customer dollars and thereby put pressure on corporate for value. I want corporate to build the cars and send them to the retail outlet from which I order them.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Allocation needs to go away. I can't think of a single reason for its existence other than dealers and corporate 69ing each other. I want dealerships to compete for customer dollars and thereby put pressure on corporate for value. I want corporate to build the cars and send them to the retail outlet from which I order them.
Allocation has been an issue with some vehicles for some time. In 2018 when I ordered a Raptor, I got lucky that 3 customers had cancelled that very day I came in because word of the new shocks and blue interior for the 19's was out. My salesman just changed the spec on one of those cancelled orders and I had my Raptor in about 6 weeks.

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let’s start a movement and have Ford sell directly to the consumers, down with the dealers!!! Haha.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because Ford set up a system that specifically allowed people to order from their preferred dealer, made it crystal clear that it would be done in timestamp order with minor deviations and that all the reservations converted to orders would be done before dealer stock. Those conditions, which were part of the reservation deal where people paid $100 consideration to lock it in, by definition negate any sort of allocation system. Ford did not like the completely predictable results, for whatever reason, doesn't really matter, and added allocations after the fact. They then CHOSE to change the allocations to penalize some dealers and reward others. There will be thousands of people getting delayed so that the dealers the new allocation formula helps get dealer stock. Thus throwing away the reservation promise completely. Do we need to get out the Seinfeld meme on taking reservations again?
Just re-posting this because it seems a lot of people seemed to have forgot.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"Ford is catering to the big dealerships", and what is this view based on?
Last year, Bronco allocations seemed to be based on reservations for Broncos. That would mean reservations should be filled in order. This year, allocations are apparently based off performance with other models prior to any Bronco reservations.

That directly benefits dealers that operate in larger markets.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You know that for fact? If so, then yes, it's on Ford. I still really have a hard time believing Ford said, oh you want to add 1000's of orders to your small dealership that normally sells 100's Ford's a year, go for it! We'll totally have no problem diverting Bronco's from our other big dealers that sell 1000's of Ford's every year for us, to you.

I doubt Ford cares. As I think we've all learned over the past few years, a lot of us live in these echo chambers and think we're the only ones being hit by something. As I said in my original post, we're talking less than 1% of Bronco orders getting pushed into 2023. Ford will sell that at other dealers, no problem. Ford isn't losing any business here. And all these so called 'enthusiasts' will still buy their Broncos and they'll love it. I don't think Ford loses any business here. Ford wants to keep their main distributors happy vs a few small dealers that, once this is over, go back to selling less than 50 Broncos a year.

As the saying goes 'if it's too good to be true, it probably is'. And I get it, people are pissed because they thought they beat the man. Well you did. You just need to wait longer than the rest of us. What's more important? Bronco now? or saving a few hundred dollars? Life is about choices. Nobody owes you anything.

Using an internet forum to inorganically drive up reservations numbers.
Yes, Ford is at fault for not foreseeing this issue. Good on those dealers for trying to take advantage of it. But they also should've verified with their supplier that they would match orders.

If it was such a great idea, why didn't the other 3000 dealers try to do the same? Maybe bc they knew that's not how it worked?

First Ford I'll have owned in 20yrs. My step father is retired from GM, so we usually only buy GM in this family.
Next, why is no one holding the dealerships accountable for not doing their due diligence? Last I checked you're the dealers customer. Not Ford's.

If amazon sold you an iphone, but then turned around and said Apple only gave us 200 iphones, but we have 300 orders. so 100 of you aren't getting iphones. Are you pissed at apple? or amazon? I'm pretty sure I'm pissed at amazon for leading me on. And now bc of supply and demand, I can't buy that new iphone anywhere.

do you know that for a fact? Ford told dealers do whatever you want and accumulate as many orders as you possibly can with no repercussions & allocations didn't matter? or did dealerships just assume that? I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Yes, Ford said that to the public. Bc again, Ford didn't account for a few dealerships inorganically inflating their orders. And that is where Ford went wrong. But they aren't fixing it, or care, bc as I've said, it's such a small amount of orders in the end. I know everyone thinks B6G has every Bronco orderer as a member, but sadly that is not the case.
Lol this new thing… it’s amazing

Have you heard of it? It’s called the internet.

Car dealers: 🤯

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People will order beef from you 6 months in advance without agreeing to a price?
Yep… depends on what market price is… when you go to the store…. Do you pay what the market pice is or what it was 6 months ago???

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also dealers: someone stole my orders.

Bronco enthusiasts: they were never yours to begin with, ford let us choose who we wanted to do business with

ford: I did…but then I changed my mind because the dealer groups have me bent over a splintery wooden bench
Sponsored