Sponsored

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's kind of like this.... we have been a country for many years.... I want it... I want it now.... and I want it my way..... that is not happening now in the country because of a lot of factors..... people are just going to have to get use to it.....

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why do these Ford fan boys keeping falling back on allocation? This literally WAS a reservation system completely separate from allocation. Why do you not hold Ford accountable for going back on their word and changing the game is a better question.
I sort of agree, and then again allocations were instituted well before we ordered and the allocation formula was for 2021. At that time it became your place in line at the dealer you decided to place your order with versus however Ford wants to allocate for 2022, so the risk of formula changes for 2022 existed when reservation holders placed their order.

Not absolving Ford here, but I am not surprised at the return to a business as usual equation by Ford, and by the time we ordered everyone should have known they could not trust how things were going to happen for 2022, much less how they have played out for 2021.

If you decided to go with a discount dealer to save a few thousand dollars, you should have known you were accepting the risk of waiting longer versus someone paying MSRP at a dealer with less day one and day two reservations.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't get that either. Allocations have always been a thing with every single car every year for a long time. That was not news to the under invoice dealers, it's part of their business.
Because Ford set up a system that specifically allowed people to order from their preferred dealer, made it crystal clear that it would be done in timestamp order with minor deviations and that all the reservations converted to orders would be done before dealer stock. Those conditions, which were part of the reservation deal where people paid $100 consideration to lock it in, by definition negate any sort of allocation system. Ford did not like the completely predictable results, for whatever reason, doesn't really matter, and added allocations after the fact. They then CHOSE to change the allocations to penalize some dealers and reward others. There will be thousands of people getting delayed so that the dealers the new allocation formula helps get dealer stock. Thus throwing away the reservation promise completely. Do we need to get out the Seinfeld meme on taking reservations again?

According to the Ford sycophants; dealers and people should have known that Ford was lying and it is on them for believing them. "You fucked up, you trusted us." -Otter and Ford. (perhaps it should be their new slogan.)

It is unfathomable to most people how you are defending being lied to repeatedly by a company because you feel (reasons) are an excuse. I disagree, there is no excuse for it. Have the sack to tell it like it is, not force your dealers to tell you they cannot get you what Ford promised (and Ford is, and it is unbelievable, states that it is our problem and our fault.) People understand allocations and the reason for them, they also understood this was a process that Ford was using that did not use allocations.

No different than announcing at the Superbowl at the end of the third quarter that the final score does not determine who wins, but total offensive yards is the new metric for a win or a game show where all the previous rounds were less points than the final lightning round and thus worthless. Does that clear up your understanding of why people don't like being disrespected and lied to over and over again?

Last edited:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The problem is Ford changed the rules at halftime.

They released an allocation formula for the Bronco in 2020/2021, and dealers altered their sales strategies to maximize their allocations. Then Ford comes along in 2022 and changes the allocation formula. Under normal circumstances that would be no problem... just change your sales strategies.

BUT... Ford couldn't deliver most of the 2021 orders. So now you have orders that the dealers themselves sold back in 2020 and 2021 that are impacted by a new allocation formula that wasn't even known until after those orders were placed. There is just no way for the dealers to plan for that.

Are the dealers 100% blameless? No... if you look at Ford's traditional allocation formulas, it is usually based on the total number of vehicle sales. The dealers should know this and they should alter their sales strategies accordingly. But the reservation is a relatively new system, so it's hard to know exactly what Ford will do. In my opinion this is like 90% on Ford themselves and 10% on the dealer community.
I agree with this and the fact the allocation formula still to me makes no sense to me and then add in the ever changing constraints, etc etc and it's a total cluster. And now the allocation formula for 22 is different

I am super fortunate to have a build date, but at the same time I feel guilty for jumping the line with a basic build.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sort of agree, and then again allocations we’re instituted well before we ordered and the allocation formula was for 2021. At that time it became your place in line at the dealer you decided to place your order with versus however Ford wants to allocate for 2022, so the risk of formula changes for 2022 existed when reservation holders placed their order.
yep, and minor variations including number of converted and unfilled reservations of the formula were logically expected in 2022 to match up with the "No stock until (buildable) Reservations completed", not the complete and intentional choice to disregard completely where the final consumers had decided to go based on the old system, people were okay with the allocations as long as they still got built before dealer stock, that was the entire appeal of the reservation system. Ford can build all the reservation orders in 2022, but are choosing to push reservationists out years in some cases to feed dealer stock to those dealers they like.

Some people will move to other dealers, then the people at those other dealers will scream that it isn't fair for others to 'cut' in front of them, truthfully, it will make me chuckle just a little... Sauce for the gander and all that. The allocation changes allow dealer stock to cut in front of reservation holders and it won't just be the 2% at the Granger/Stephens/ETC, the percentage of folk that will be pushed at least some time out to feed the big dealers might be a much bigger number, we don't have the allocation formula, so we don't know right now, but I suspect it is coming and it will be a mess.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford completely mismanaged the Bronco launch. This story will be told for years as an example of how not to launch a new product. Blame it on "chips", roofs, quality, working from home or other part constraints, it is now a legendary debacle in automotive history and heads will roll at Ford.

Dealers have their issues, but the root cause of customer dissatisfaction is lack of adequate supply, that is entirely on Ford.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, and this is where I blame Ford. They didn't foresee dealers doing what they did. Ford didn't account for a dealer in middle america that normally sells like 10 Ford's a year to have 1500 orders.

but it's only a few dealerships that exploited the loophole.

For the 3000+ other dealerships, they'll fill all their orders. It's just the ones that exploited the loophole that are getting hurt by this. and that's such a tiny percentage when you account for all orders.

I don't know why Ford is cutting them off... but there has to be a reason for it. Mostly likely it's because Ford isn't about to change their ways of doing things bc of a few.
What loophole was exploited? giving a customer a good deal and being great to work with?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Simple answer: because Ford changed the rules while the teams are on the field playing the game.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, Granger did check with Ford and was given the green light. Stop with your ridiculous assertions. 🤡
You know that for fact? If so, then yes, it's on Ford. I still really have a hard time believing Ford said, oh you want to add 1000's of orders to your small dealership that normally sells 100's Ford's a year, go for it! We'll totally have no problem diverting Bronco's from our other big dealers that sell 1000's of Ford's every year for us, to you.
It's not a loophole if Ford is aware of it. If Ford didn't want this to happen, they could have shut this down quickly or put a cap on the number of orders coming from a dealer. They never did that. This mess is their creation.
I doubt Ford cares. As I think we've all learned over the past few years, a lot of us live in these echo chambers and think we're the only ones being hit by something. As I said in my original post, we're talking less than 1% of Bronco orders getting pushed into 2023. Ford will sell that at other dealers, no problem. Ford isn't losing any business here. And all these so called 'enthusiasts' will still buy their Broncos and they'll love it. I don't think Ford loses any business here. Ford wants to keep their main distributors happy vs a few small dealers that, once this is over, go back to selling less than 50 Broncos a year.
If you decided to go with a discount dealer to save a few thousand dollars, you should have known you were accepting the risk of waiting longer versus someone paying MSRP at a dealer with less day one and day two reservations.
As the saying goes 'if it's too good to be true, it probably is'. And I get it, people are pissed because they thought they beat the man. Well you did. You just need to wait longer than the rest of us. What's more important? Bronco now? or saving a few hundred dollars? Life is about choices. Nobody owes you anything.
What loophole was exploited? giving a customer a good deal and being great to work with?
Using an internet forum to inorganically drive up reservations numbers.
Yes, Ford is at fault for not foreseeing this issue. Good on those dealers for trying to take advantage of it. But they also should've verified with their supplier that they would match orders.

If it was such a great idea, why didn't the other 3000 dealers try to do the same? Maybe bc they knew that's not how it worked?

Why do these Ford fan boys keeping falling back on allocation? This literally WAS a reservation system completely separate from allocation. Why do you not hold Ford accountable for going back on their word and changing the game is a better question.
First Ford I'll have owned in 20yrs. My step father is retired from GM, so we usually only buy GM in this family.
Next, why is no one holding the dealerships accountable for not doing their due diligence? Last I checked you're the dealers customer. Not Ford's.

If amazon sold you an iphone, but then turned around and said Apple only gave us 200 iphones, but we have 300 orders. so 100 of you aren't getting iphones. Are you pissed at apple? or amazon? I'm pretty sure I'm pissed at amazon for leading me on. And now bc of supply and demand, I can't buy that new iphone anywhere.
Simple answer: because Ford changed the rules while the teams are on the field playing the game.
do you know that for a fact? Ford told dealers do whatever you want and accumulate as many orders as you possibly can with no repercussions & allocations didn't matter? or did dealerships just assume that? I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Yes, Ford said that to the public. Bc again, Ford didn't account for a few dealerships inorganically inflating their orders. And that is where Ford went wrong. But they aren't fixing it, or care, bc as I've said, it's such a small amount of orders in the end. I know everyone thinks B6G has every Bronco orderer as a member, but sadly that is not the case.
Sponsored