Sponsored

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think anyone's opinion is asinine. I think all people are entitled to their opinions and thoughts.
Name calling doesn't make you right.

Again, maybe because big dealers understood Ford better?

Ford thinking they can do what Tesla could do was definitely a mistake. And as I keep saying, that is on them. They didn't foresee this happening. and now a few hundred customers are pissed. But definitely not the majority.
One thing to remember is people on a forum always represent the minority lol. I tell people I am on a car forum and they are like a what?

I think the main problem is Ford has constantly moved the goal posts. At no point did Granger tell people you will 100% be getting your vehicle on X date. I feel they have been very up front about allocations, and at the time time stamp and possible option constraints and that would all play a roll in when a vehicle gets built. When they announced the October special, they straight up told people it might not show up until end of MY 22. And that was based on information that they had that was accurate at the time.

Now where I feel people are getting mad, is there are some very early reservation holders that still aren't scheduled might not get built until 2023. Now some of that is because of constraints, the hard top fiasco, not even attempting MOD tops among other things. So that's a part where people can blame Ford. But then those people that got bumped because of those, might also get bumped out even further now because Ford changed how the allocation system works. While now some of the larger dealers with more allocations are going to be able to order stock units for the lot when Ford themselves said that wouldn't happen before all reservations are filled.

I also think where people are getting mad is in the last few weeks of model year 21 scheduling it sure seemed random as hell as to what got scheduled
Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fords responsibility to you as a reservation holder is a moral one. They have a legal obligation to the dealers based on franchise laws...and supply of product is part of that franchise law.

If anyone though that they would break a legal obligation to dealers that have invested millions in the franchise and sell the rest of Ford's product for a reservation system for 150K people...well I have ocean front property in Iowa to sell you.
The reservations don't have to count towards or against the old allocation model.

Allocate stock to all dealers like they have in the past, and honor the reservations in order. The ratio would probably be contentious either way, but there's no good reason I can see to apply allocation formula to the reservation system.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sooo I decided to check the receipts. I’m a Granger customer and am outraged by this whole thing. However, Ford plainly left itself some wiggle room on this from the get-go. Shame on me for not reading more carefully.

277EF4C6-E161-4B8B-BD3F-1CDD07E2EA7E.jpeg
You'd need to go back to 2020. I believe this is the point where they had allocations based upon the number of Broncos reserved because they knew the production run wasn't going to meet the original September 2020 cutoff.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fords responsibility to you as a reservation holder is a moral one. They have a legal obligation to the dealers based on franchise laws...and supply of product is part of that franchise law.

If anyone though that they would break a legal obligation to dealers that have invested millions in the franchise and sell the rest of Ford's product for a reservation system for 150K people...well I have ocean front property in Iowa to sell you.
You are right about franchise laws guiding the relationship between Ford and delaership and, frankly, that is not germane to the main issue here which, I repeat, concerns two parties, Ford and reservation holders; this relationship is guided by the law of contract and equity both black letter law and in spirit.
If Ford has put itself in a bind and now has to split the baby, i will not shed a tear for them because they created this mess. And if their lawyers will show up in court and make this Franchise law argument before a jury composed of people who most likely have family memebers and friends who are reservation holders, then good luck with that.

Also, a buyer should not have to earn a college diploma of Ford's convoluted system in order to make a purchase. That will also not fly in court.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uh, that wasn't what I was refuting, you said everyone will get their bronco if we're patient, which is not true and will continue to not be true. Destination preference after death was never up for debate.......

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooo I decided to check the receipts. I’m a Granger customer and am outraged by this whole thing. However, Ford plainly left itself some wiggle room on this from the get-go. Shame on me for not reading more carefully.

277EF4C6-E161-4B8B-BD3F-1CDD07E2EA7E.jpeg
You'd need to go back to 2020. I believe this is the point where they had allocations based upon the number of Broncos reserved because they knew the production run wasn't going to meet the original September 2020 cutoff.
Here you go. Screen shot from October 2020.
Ford Bronco why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers? 1633984736972

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer allocations are for STOCK vehicles. Small dealers get lesser allocations ,larger dealers get greater allocations. Smaller dealers get few or none of the specialty vehicles ( GT 500 for example). Larger dealers get more specialty cars. The 2021 Ford Bronco was stated by Ford as a “ Reservation/ order” vehicle. These orders and reservations were NEVER subject to an allocation since they were customer orders outside any dealer stock. Ford stated ALL reservations would be built and delivered BEFORE any allocated stock vehicles. Ford is now using the allocation excuse to offset their failure to build and deliver Broncos and put lower end base models on dealer lots. It is that simple.
As far as dealers such as Granger, they did NOTHING wrong. They accepted ORDERS from customers based on Ford’s promise that ALL reservations would be built and delivered first. Those who ordered first could expect early deliveries. Makes total sense. Ford pulls the rug out because they can’t build the orders due to commodity and quality issues. Like I end most of my posts, I am still trying to understand what my $100 reservation actually accomplished.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

you probably should've kept reading my post then...

Did they? Did those dealers call Ford or their Ford rep and run their model by them? Maybe then Ford would've said no, that's not going to work for us.

yes, Ford said something and didn't account for loophole seeking dealerships. That's on them. But shouldn't the dealerships have done their due diligence before making promises they can't keep?

I'll say again, I don't know why Ford is cutting them off, but this shouldn't have been a surprise to these dealers. Allocations aren't new. They should've raised concerns, but they chose to hide under some coats and hope it all works out. And then when it doesn't, blame Ford. They are the easy target right now.
Do you seriously think that Ford had this planned out this exact way??? Rhetorical question...No they didn't, this was in response to the other dealers pissing and moaning about the dealers that cut deals with large groups, plain and simple. Otherwise if @Ford Motor Company gave a shit theyd be using 50+% of Bronco reservations/order as part of the allocation model not prior year sales....yeah you can make sales a piece of it, but alot of those guys rested on their laurels and assumed theyd get a crap ton of Broncos that they could ADM the shit out of - the dealers had no obligation to ask for guidance or indication that this would change and to suggest otherwise is naive. This was a response by Ford not their initial plan...and if it WAS their initial plan then that means their initial plan was to LIE to reservation holders.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still of the growing theory that Ford created this fiasco on purpose - generate huge demand, limit the product to drive up price in order to profit profit profit, along with their cesspool of big cheater dealers who can't shake their addiction of doing business the rotten scum method AND they don't give a shit about who they step on & step over to pack their pockets now. Great dealers like Granger are using the free market to sell a lot of product & why thats not enough for Ford just points back again to sheer greed. Will there be enough backlash & bad press to make it a huge blunder? I hope so.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you seriously think that Ford had this planned out this exact way??? Rhetorical question...No they didn't, this was in response to the other dealers pissing and moaning about the dealers that cut deals with large groups, plain and simple. Otherwise if @Ford Motor Company gave a shit theyd be using 50+% of Bronco reservations/order as part of the allocation model not prior year sales....yeah you can make sales a piece of it, but alot of those guys rested on their laurels and assumed theyd get a crap ton of Broncos that they could ADM the shit out of - the dealers had no obligation to ask for guidance or indication that this would change and to suggest otherwise is naive. This was a response by Ford not their initial plan...and if it WAS their initial plan then that means their initial plan was to LIE to reservation holders.
I have to agree - they LIED!

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm still of the growing theory that Ford created this fiasco on purpose - generate huge demand, limit the product to drive up price in order to profit profit profit, along with their cesspool of big cheater dealers who can't shake their addiction of doing business the rotten scum method AND they don't give a shit about who they step on & step over to pack their pockets now. Great dealers like Granger are using the free market to sell a lot of product & why thats not enough for Ford just points back again to sheer greed. Will there be enough backlash & bad press to make it a huge blunder? I hope so.
Only problem with that theory is that all the extra from mark up goes in the dealers pocket not fords. Dealer sells a bronco for 20K over that extra 20k goes to the dealer not to ford

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where is the poll that you're getting your info from? How do you know it's only a few hundred?
Back of the napkin math.

Idk how many reservations does Granger have? I thought I read 1400? Maybe 100 sold this year? I thought I saw 300 allocations next year. So that leaves 1100.

Chapman 500? Going with 20% allocated, that's 100. Leaving 400, so now we're up to 1500.

No clue on Stevens. I thought someone said 1000. So again 20%. 200 sold. 800 leftover. So now that's 2300 total.

So you got me. Maybe I under exaggerated and it's more than a few hundred. But still not a lot in the bigger count of all orders.

I also gotta figure a lot getting pushed will transfer or cancel those orders. So maybe an even 2000?

Still not a lot when you're talking 150k orders. 1.4%.

Man after doing this math a bit more, some might not see a bronco till 2024! That's rediculous. And boy would I be pissed with my dealer. ;)

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Consumers found a way to get around the predatory tactics of certain dealers by purchasing out of area from small dealers who were banking on making profit in bulk Bronco orders rather than insane ADM. This was never hinted at being an issue until now.

No one here likes the big dealerships charging big ADM, you can see that from how we review bomb their pages when notified of it... but a large part of the community found a dealership they had faith in not having to deal with this and now Ford has decided to stop that.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you explain what legal obligation Ford would be breaking if its 2022 allocation formula was similar to its 2021 allocation formula?

I don't think the decision was either a moral or a legal one. It was a business decision. Ford decided that the pain of pissing off its big dealers was worse than the pain of pissing off the reservation holders. Ford is allowed to make that choice. But customers are certainly well within their rights to be angry about the second-class treatment, and if they are a lot angrier than Ford expected them to be, perhaps Ford will modify its decision.

It feels like these decisions are made without anyone in the room advocating for or sympathizing with the Bronco buyers that Ford has been stringing along for 15 months. We don't even hear about these decisions (which have massive impact on when our vehicles will be delivered) directly from Ford. We have to get the info through dealer leaks. Forget about right and wrong, it's just bad for the brand.

I realize the auto industry seems like it plays by different rules, but in my industry treating the buyers of our products like this would be unthinkable. These folks aren't marks, these are people we want to be engaged and delighted by our products and coming back for more.
Sponsored