Sponsored

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

COVID absolutely affected the production of the MIC top; Webasto sourced the tooling from Wuhan, China and Northern Italy.
It had an effect on the number of tops they could produce, yes. But the real problem ended up being a bad design that cut too many corners. Thus, the redesign to 2.0, and replacing tops for Dirt Mountain.
Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
September 2020....
"We're really trying to have an equitable and fair process for allocating to dealers," LaNeve said,…”dealers with lots of reservations will generate the most allocation, but we're going to try and take care of every dealer who has reservations."
Here you go, I made it less wordy and more to the point

FrankieTrey

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - 4dr - Carbonized - 2.3 - Manual - Tow
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Been waiting for someone to realize this.

Google “newsjacking” and you’ll see what Granger has successfully done.

And I love those guys. Love the family tradition. They are great at business and are doing the right thing by customers.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here you go, I made it less wordy and more to the point
You left out the important part..... . Bigger dealers with lots of reservations will generate the most allocation

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We
You left out the important part..... . Bigger dealers with lots of reservations will generate the most allocation
ll i left that out because it wasn’t true. Which is the problem. The bigger dealers, in fact, did NOT have “lots of reservations.”
if they did it wouldn’t be an issue.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not here going to deny, the way they set up the system is flawed. And I'm not saying Ford isn't wrong on some aspects. I'm just not sure why more people aren't bothered with the dealers? I'll say it again, they own the relationship with Ford. Not us. They know how allocations work and how Ford delivers cars, etc... we don't. It's their business. I'd like to think they understand how it works.
Yes, I made it up. SWAG.

And I'm very open to listening. I fairly certain I have said many times over Ford isn't squeaky clean here. They've made plenty of missteps.

But how are we ok with the dealers that didn't do their jobs correctly? That part confuses me. How are people just letting them slide?

Yes, I was going to say something similar to this. The dealers own the relationship with Ford and are having or have had conversations that we aren't privy to. I'm willing to bet allocations aren't something new. Why did these dealerships think allocations wouldn't matter? I guess that's the question. Did they ask Ford if allocations would matter? Or did they just assume they woulnd't? And my point is, as a business owner, who understands their business, isn't that something you should clarify before promoting your business model? And now a lot of people are upset. They were mislead.
Now I can only speak to my experience with Granger as that is who I am going with. Through out the whole process they have been extremely up front and honest about when things are happening. never once did they say at least to my knowledge, you will get your bronco on this date.

I believe it was in one of the first threads Zach made on their first deal that allocation and parts constraints would effect delivery. So granger made it well known that allocations in addition to time stamp and build would determine when it arrives. Then when they made the October special, they made it clear for those people it would be most likely end of 22 before they saw their vehicles. Again up front an honest. Working off of the information they had from Ford.

Then you add in the parts constraints, hard top problems and all sorts of random builds start getting assigned build dates like mine did somehow, that's not on the dealer that's on Ford.

So now you have some early reservation holders still not scheduled, whether it was MIC tops, parts constraints or whatever - that is on Ford. So now those people get bumped into MY2022. But wait now Ford also decides to change how the allocation formula will work for MY22 and a dealer like Granger is going to receive less than what they anticipated based on previous information supplied to them from Ford. So you could have someone who got bumped a year because of Fords own issues, get bumped even further because Ford decided to change how vehicles get allocated.

None of that to me is on the dealer, that is on Ford and why people are mad at Ford not the dealer. They can only operate off of the info they are given, and IMO granger has been fantastic at sharing that. Ford is the one who kept moving the goal posts, changing things on the fly

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We

ll i left that out because it wasn’t true. Which is the problem. The bigger dealers, in fact, did NOT have “lots of reservations.”
They did here in Texas...

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We

Facts and truth is a b###h.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now I can only speak to my experience with Granger as that is who I am going with. Through out the whole process they have been extremely up front and honest about when things are happening. never once did they say at least to my knowledge, you will get your bronco on this date.

I believe it was in one of the first threads Zach made on their first deal that allocation and parts constraints would effect delivery. So granger made it well known that allocations in addition to time stamp and build would determine when it arrives. Then when they made the October special, they made it clear for those people it would be most likely end of 22 before they saw their vehicles. Again up front an honest. Working off of the information they had from Ford.

Then you add in the parts constraints, hard top problems and all sorts of random builds start getting assigned build dates like mine did somehow, that's not on the dealer that's on Ford.

So now you have some early reservation holders still not scheduled, whether it was MIC tops, parts constraints or whatever - that is on Ford. So now those people get bumped into MY2022. But wait now Ford also decides to change how the allocation formula will work for MY22 and a dealer like Granger is going to receive less than what they anticipated based on previous information supplied to them from Ford. So you could have someone who got bumped a year because of Fords own issues, get bumped even further because Ford decided to change how vehicles get allocated.

None of that to me is on the dealer, that is on Ford and why people are mad at Ford not the dealer. They can only operate off of the info they are given, and IMO granger has been fantastic at sharing that. Ford is the one who kept moving the goal posts, changing things on the fly
The allocation for 2021 was for 2021.... that is over.... new system for 2022 starts over for 2022... and I'm sure it will change again in 2023.... and so on....

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not going to reprise complete scenario I think happened that I provided in a previous post about month ago, but in short the top was being developed by Webasto concurrently with the rest of the Bronco using production resources in Wuhan, China and Italy. COVID erupted in Wuhan in Q3 of 2019, which curtailed travel to and from China, and Italy, which affected the final development completion of the top in time for full-rate Bronco production. This impacted Ford's ability to find the minor defects in the top that required rework. The top 2.0 version did not drastically redesign the top, so it wasn't a "bad design" verses an incomplete design that didn't get tweaked for final full-rate production.
I think plastic supply shortage is how Webasto came to propose 30% less material in the outer layer too. Remember those faded gray prototypes because they could not get the right color pellets?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The allocation for 2021 was for 2021.... that is over.... new system for 2022 starts over for 2022... and I'm sure it will change again in 2023.... and so on....
True, but you can only operate on the information you are given at the time. Add in the people that got bumped because of constraints, and then the change in allocation formula, to me that is an issue with Ford - not the dealer

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True, but you can only operate on the information you are given at the time. Add in the people that got bumped because of constraints, and then the change in allocation formula, to me that is an issue with Ford - not the dealer
What is the old saying.... crap happens... :)