Sponsored

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And with your post, "The best evidence is right in the quote that YOU posted."

"Dealer allocation will depend on a retailer's market size, previous SUV sales performance, the number of reservations tied to their store and competitive off-road registrations in their market, LaNeve said."

1.) 25% of the new 2022 formula is tied to specifically "Bronco Sport" sales, not "previous SUV" sales as stated in your reposted quote of the description of the 2021 allocation formula.

2.) The "number of reservations tied to their store" is all but completely gone from the new formula.

3.) And "competitive off-road registrations in their market" the extra allocations that were funnelled toward areas of the country with lots of Jeep owners, is also no longer part of the formula.

It looks to me like the quote you reposted shows exact evidence that the allocation formula has changed drastically for 2022.

Now, add to that...

I just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service. The woman I spoke with is going to have a meeting with her supervisor because they have been told to tell us that all the reservations will be filled in 2022 AND that people who converted reservations to orders in 2021 but got pushed to 2022 would get their Broncos built first before newly converted 2022 orders. (Accounting for commodity constraints of course.)

They will also be looking at what Mr. Levine has been tweeting these last few days since it seems to contradict what they were told to say.🤷‍♀️

I knew it, I just knew it.

Now I am a 2 door so I am probably looking at 2024 anyway.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. Reservations were purchased from Ford, once they were transferred into orders, they no longer belonged to you. The fact that Ford decided to turn over the money to the dealers is irrelevant as they still maintained the guarantee that Ford would return the funds should you not use the reservation (and they did for people switching dealers)

Reservations bought from Ford. Orders made through dealers, very important distinction.
Upon cancellation, the dealer returns the $100 deposit, not Ford.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like it says, they figured on delivering all Broncos by the end of 2022 and I am assuming that’s 165,000 of them. That’s not happening now. I don’t think that fault falls on any dealer. The disclaimer is just covering their butts on any issues or changes they want to make.
Yep they figured to delivering by the end of 2022..... but that didn't happen ... covid hit...that is why they covered their butts on the disclaimer... I would say that is smart on their part .... all people have to do is read and comprehend... which is hard for most folks....sometimes even for me...

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Drex said:
No. Reservations were purchased from Ford, once they were transferred into orders, they no longer belonged to you. The fact that Ford decided to turn over the money to the dealers is irrelevant as they still maintained the guarantee that Ford would return the funds should you not use the reservation (and they did for people switching dealers)

Reservations bought from Ford. Orders made through dealers, very important distinction.

Can I cancel my reservation?

Yes. You can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund.* You can do this in your account at ford.com. If for some reason you can’t process the cancellation online, you can contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.). After canceling, allow seven to 10 business days for the reservation deposit to be credited to your original form of payment. Once you progress from a reservation to an order with a dealer, however, cancellation requests would be at that dealer’s discretion

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep they figured to delivering by the end of 2022..... but that didn't happen ... covid hit...that is why they covered their butts on the disclaimer... I would say that is smart on their part .... all people have to do is read and comprehend... which is hard for most folks....sometimes even for me...
You could have just told me that from the beginning instead of making me read through all that crap. Lol I thought you were saying I was wrong about 75% deliveries in 2021 and the rest in 2022. I was really trying to find where you were proving me wrong. I think some minds just don’t mesh together to well making it hard to understand each other. Are you an apple or pc guy?

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You could have just told me that from the beginning instead of making me read through all that crap. Lol I thought you were saying I was wrong about 75% deliveries in 2021 and the rest in 2022. I was really trying to find where you were proving me wrong. I think some minds just don’t mesh together to well making it hard to understand each other. Are you an apple or pc guy?
I give up....

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the problem is that these smaller dealers have too many reservations/orders, then Ford should have contacted them and/or the customer and told them about the issue. They didn't. At this point, the change to allocation should only affect MY2022 orders going forward. To even suggest that someone that reserved their Bronco in the summer 2020 might not get their Bronco until possibly 2023 is unacceptable.
I believe Ford did way back in the beginning. Ford requested said dealer to take down postings on this site. There was a huge thread as the scenario played out and when people asked the dealer, they responded that everything is fine when it may not have been. Seems as though Ford has had their eye on them for a long time. This is why many feel the dealer needs to accept responsibility for some of the mess. They came with a good plan that Ford didn't seem to like and took it way too far. Had they capped it at say 500, nobody would be talking about this. At any rate, I still don't believe it will take them that many years to fill all orders. If Bronco production ever gets up to full speed, that dealer will likely get helped.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Matt, maybe you should ask him which dealership he works for......:)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The bottom line is that the reservations were Fords idea, not the dealers. Most dealers didn’t have a clue.
It seems increasingly hard for dealers to use the not have a clue excuse. Tim Bartz at Long McArthur Ford does a weekly update video on YouTube and stated that dealers get a visit every Monday from their zone rep either in person or through media. They cover the weekly goings on. Tim shares the info he gets and says many dealers don't like them for doing this. He does live Q & A during the about 1 hour video and it's worth watching.

Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I cancel my reservation?

Yes. You can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund.* You can do this in your account at ford.com. If for some reason you can’t process the cancellation online, you can contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.). After canceling, allow seven to 10 business days for the reservation deposit to be credited to your original form of payment. Once you progress from a reservation to an order with a dealer, however, cancellation requests would be at that dealer’s discretion
Huh...I got $100 back from Ford, not my dealer. It's almost like you can't trust that FAQ.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I completely agree.

where we disagree is who's fault that is. Blame is on both sides, if you ask me.

and not just you, but most of us on here will need to just agree to disagree.

Also, a lot of those at these dealers own their own fate. They can easily switch dealers and get their Bronco next year. Switch to one of these 'big dealers' everyone is talking about. If they're getting more allocations then reservations...
By the time the dust clears, I believe enough will quietly move their reservation elsewhere and the remaining reservations will likely be filled in 22. Most should get their Bronco barring any other disasters.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whether this means anything to you or not, they did, but it's hard to find the right search terms to identify that particular grain of salt in the ocean of posts regarding Granger. It was a concern by some that Ford might balk at the number of reservations for Granger. I remember them posting that Ford gave the go-ahead. It's possible I've created that memory, the brain does that sometimes, but I'm fairly sure it happened.
I recall it a little differently. Ford came after them and made them take down certain posts on this forum. That started huge drama that went on for more than 50 pages I believe. Dealer did say all was fine, but was it?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Might want to reread this again... ....

Sep 25, 2020
Ford details Bronco allocation process to dealers; top performers could get 'hundreds'

Per Autonews

DETROIT — Ford Motor Co. executives are hopeful that dealers will convert an "incredibly high" percentage of Bronco SUV reservations into actual sales and believe they'll be filling those orders for more than a year.

The automaker on Friday reached out to its U.S. retail network in a video to describe the allocation process for one of the most highly-anticipated vehicle launches in its recent history. Ford began building Bronco pre-production models at its Michigan Assembly Plant this week and plans to deliver the first off-roaders starting in late spring of next year.

Ford earlier this week said the Bronco build-and-price site will go live in October. Beginning in November and continuing through January, dealers will work with customers to convert their $100 refundable deposit into an actual sale, confirming accessory purchases, final prices and financing options. Ford expects to offer customers an approximate timeframe on their vehicle's build date starting in February.

Mark LaNeve, Ford's vice president of U.S. marketing, sales and service, told Automotive News he initially expects "over 75 percent" of the roughly 165,000 refundable deposits will be converted to sales, although that conversion rate is likely to fall for customers who have to wait longer for their Bronco. He said Ford will "definitely" be filling reservations into 2022.

Dealer allocation will depend on a retailer's market size, previous SUV sales performance, the number of reservations tied to their store and competitive off-road registrations in their market, LaNeve said.

"We're really trying to have an equitable and fair process for allocating to dealers," LaNeve said. "We have dealers that will get hundreds of Broncos allocated to them in 2021 and you go from there. Bigger dealers with lots of reservations will generate the most allocation, but we're going to try and take care of every dealer who has reservations."

He declined to offer any production estimates, but before the coronavirus pandemic Ford officials indicated they expect sales of the Bronco family of vehicles — which will include two- and four-door versions of the Bronco as well as the Bronco Sport — will hit at least 200,000 in 2021.

LaNeve declined to say how many Bronco Sport reservations Ford has recorded, noting it was "a lot less than the two-door and four-door but still significant." He said he Bronco Sport will go on sale about the same time as the redesigned F-150, which will hit showrooms in November.

LaNeve said dealers are not required to invest in facility upgrades to sell the Bronco, although they must undergo training, add certain displays to their showrooms and develop a business plan with one of Ford's eight accessory distribution centers.
Several points there that some are saying never happened.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread reminds me of the scene from the Godfather II

Senator Pat Geary : I despise your masquerade, the dishonest way you pose yourself. You and your whole fucking family.
Michael Corleone : We're both part of the same hypocrisy, senator...

SenGeary1.jpg
Sponsored