Sponsored

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So your saying they planned on taking 75% of deposits and turning them into sales for 2021 without giving anyone their bronco? My guess if you make a sale of a 2021 bronco you should get the damn thing before 2022. Am I wrong with that assumption? Then the 25% left would be converted to sales in 2022 and I would guess they would take delivery before 2023? You don’t think they just planned on sitting on sales without delivering the product do you?
The way I'm seeing that is 75% of the 165k reservations were expected to convert to orders and at about 120k seems pretty accurate. Someone has the info twisted to read something different.
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The “I told you so” crew is hilarious. You can’t say people were wrong all along and should have known better, when up until a week ago the facts said that under invoice dealers would not have a problem filling orders.

It’s disingenuous at best, and really reeks of people actually being happy that a lot of folks on this forum are getting screwed.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Granger sells vehicles with the below invoice pricing on their other vehicles too. It isn't just Bronco pricing. It's their business model. The only vehicles they don't sell with this model are the performance models (GT500, Raptor, etc.). @Zach@Granger can verify if I'm full of it or not, but I remember Albert discussing this early on or via a phone call with me.

If Ford wasn't ok with this model or advertising their price, then it would've been nice to know that well before the changes over the last 10-12 months.
This probably works just fine for them and nobody has any concerns because there are never more than a couple in any of those lines. The problem is when 1200 are in line. That seemed to draw Fords attention.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When did they know 203 was their allocation? That right there makes the whole argument. Where did they think 1200 plus was going to go? Certainly not 22.
I guess I can re-emphasize what you bolded:
203 allocations for 6 months of limited production and setbacks

Logically, to me, that would imply a much larger allocation for a full year (at least 400), in a year with less COVID restrictions, a slowly stabilizing supplier network, and hopefully past stupid stuff like borked top production.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ha, sorry I beat you to it. I think it really is the strongest point. The customer affected by this has nowhere to go to get a remedy other than Ford. That's why it's Ford's problem to fix, if they don't want upset Bronco customers.

And making people pay more money to a different dealer (who they don't trust) is not a solution. Might get someone a Bronco faster, but it isn't going to leave a good taste in the mouth when someone already had a dealer and a deal lined up for over a year before Ford changed the rules of the game.
As I see it, a whole new game is about to start. All of the rules should be put in place now. Everybody needs to reconfirm their order and free to make changes as they see fit.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This stuff obviously doesn’t matter to some in here. I’m assuming they are dealers, work for dealers, placed orders with larger dealers, or already got their bronco. Order banks opened in July 2020, allocation announcements came later in September. Via a video sent to dealers, not to reservation holders.
It's hard to believe anyone thinks that info from so far back is still relevant. With so many ups and downs since then, how could Ford possibly continue to follow that plan? Do you just expect them to defiantly stick to a position that no longer works for them? A business won't be around for long if they refuse to change with times.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The “I told you so” crew is hilarious. You can’t say people were wrong all along and should have known better, when up until a week ago the facts said that under invoice dealers would not have a problem filling orders.

It’s disingenuous at best, and really reeks of people actually being happy that a lot of folks on this forum are getting screwed.
You apparently didn't read the reservation guidelines posted several times in this thread. I haven't seen anything that speciffically calls out under invoice dealers.

Why would anybody be happy others are getting screwed? I for one feel sorry for those that took the offer in good faith and now find themselves in a tough spot.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's hard to believe anyone thinks that info from so far back is still relevant. With so many ups and downs since then, how could Ford possibly continue to follow that plan? Do you just expect them to defiantly stick to a position that no longer works for them? A business won't be around for long if they refuse to change with times.
I like this post. But I actually disagree. I don't find it hard to believe. People find change hard to deal with. Progress moves too fast for some.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not gonna read all 23 pages, but I will respond to the OPs point (and I do not hold a Bronco reservation, I ordered a Mach 1 from our most loveable and friendly dealer around here, @Zach@Granger , which is who @PowPow is bitching about.)

So, @PowPow , the reason everyone is pissed, is because the rules were stated one way, and thus a certain corn fed iowa boy openened up his books. Yes, the way he does it, he is going to sell 1000 Broncos at 500 bucks profit for a cool 1/2 mil. VS BOSS HOGGs dealer in Houston who is gonna charge 10 over MSRP and is only going to sell 50 of em for the same profit. As far as Ford is concerned, they're only going to make the same amount regardless of if the Bronco gets sold for 2-4% under invoice, or ADM of 10%. What should matter to Ford, is how many they sell (and the cheaper the customer price, the more they will sell, hands down.) And, arguably, how much of everything else they sell.

So, what is happening, is that the big dealers, who, arguably in Fords decision making favor, sell so many different Fords a year, our corn-fed dealers 1000 Bronco sales are miniscule. which is in the overall what Ford cares about, right, because they don't make more for a dealer who sells for more, that is the dealers profit.

Normally, this makes complete and perfect friggen sense. You sell more of everything, you get more allocations for special stuff.

BUT, here is the wrench. That should only apply to DEALER orders. I Agree, our iowan should only get a couple of dealer order Broncos and Mustangs, and other cool shit, at least right now. because their sales history is pretty low compared to even dealers in des moines, much less SF, Houston, NYC, DC, etc. But, regardless of the dealer or location, Customer orders, and reservations, should be honored FIRST. If I lived in Timbucktoo but was the first person to get an order entered for a Bronco, I should've been the first one to receive one. Minus that guy who paid like 250k at Barret Jackson anyways....

Ford decided, that they are going to give HEAVY priority to dealer orders for the BIG dealers to make em happy so they can sell those for 10-30k over MSRP than they are to reservation holders who watched that absolutely horrible release last July and STILL reserved right away.

and by Heavy, how the numbers roll out, Mr. Iowa is getting he said 120-200 next year, total.

So they already have 5-10 years worth of reservations backlogged.

whereas Galpin, or Lonestar, or Koch or whatever that big east coast dealer is, will get 1000 next year, when they only have 100-200 reservations because they are charging so much.

So yeah, Screw Ford for this decision. And Screw the big dealers for being so greedy. They already make the most due to volume alone, now they have to make 10x-50x more per sale just for the fuck of it.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like this post. But I actually disagree. I don't find it hard to believe. People find change hard to deal with. Progress moves too fast for some.
Where is this “progress” you speak of?

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not gonna read all 23 pages, but I will respond to the OPs point (and I do not hold a Bronco reservation, I ordered a Mach 1 from our most loveable and friendly dealer around here, @Zach@Granger , which is who @PowPow is bitching about.)

So, @PowPow , the reason everyone is pissed, is because the rules were stated one way, and thus a certain corn fed iowa boy openened up his books. Yes, the way he does it, he is going to sell 1000 Broncos at 500 bucks profit for a cool 1/2 mil. VS BOSS HOGGs dealer in Houston who is gonna charge 10 over MSRP and is only going to sell 50 of em for the same profit. As far as Ford is concerned, they're only going to make the same amount regardless of if the Bronco gets sold for 2-4% under invoice, or ADM of 10%. What should matter to Ford, is how many they sell (and the cheaper the customer price, the more they will sell, hands down.) And, arguably, how much of everything else they sell.

So, what is happening, is that the big dealers, who, arguably in Fords decision making favor, sell so many different Fords a year, our corn-fed dealers 1000 Bronco sales are miniscule. which is in the overall what Ford cares about, right, because they don't make more for a dealer who sells for more, that is the dealers profit.

Normally, this makes complete and perfect friggen sense. You sell more of everything, you get more allocations for special stuff.

BUT, here is the wrench. That should only apply to DEALER orders. I Agree, our iowan should only get a couple of dealer order Broncos and Mustangs, and other cool shit, at least right now. because their sales history is pretty low compared to even dealers in des moines, much less SF, Houston, NYC, DC, etc. But, regardless of the dealer or location, Customer orders, and reservations, should be honored FIRST. If I lived in Timbucktoo but was the first person to get an order entered for a Bronco, I should've been the first one to receive one. Minus that guy who paid like 250k at Barret Jackson anyways....

Ford decided, that they are going to give HEAVY priority to dealer orders for the BIG dealers to make em happy so they can sell those for 10-30k over MSRP than they are to reservation holders who watched that absolutely horrible release last July and STILL reserved right away.

and by Heavy, how the numbers roll out, Mr. Iowa is getting he said 120-200 next year, total.

So they already have 5-10 years worth of reservations backlogged.

whereas Galpin, or Lonestar, or Koch or whatever that big east coast dealer is, will get 1000 next year, when they only have 100-200 reservations because they are charging so much.

So yeah, Screw Ford for this decision. And Screw the big dealers for being so greedy. They already make the most due to volume alone, now they have to make 10x-50x more per sale just for the fuck of it.
I'm not bitching about anyone specifically. Multiple dealers pulled this.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

At launch Ford didn’t say volume dealers will have preference. They said rsvps came first, the public RSVP’d and Ford got a 100000+ RSVPs. FORD should have had a cut off date for RSVPs. I have a feeling Ford will implement something new and everyone will “want” to reorder.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The allocation did change. It has been weighted differently to the benefit different dealers. The initial Granger number is already in, and they will only get 11 allocated to start the year. If that ratio holds, they'll get 132 allocations on at least 1000 pre-orders.

In '21, they got 203 allocations for 6 months of limited production and setbacks.
This thread is about dealers having some responsibility, and it isn't all Ford's fault. So, are you saying that a dealer who chose to dramatically oversell their projected allocation by dramatically undercutting pricing, has no fault at all in this....it's all Ford's fault? What are you saying?

Folks keep saying Ford changed the rules and went to an allocation system the second year. We have shown that Ford had the allocation system from the beginning. Folks have argued that Ford said they would fill reservations first, and it has been clearly shown that Ford from the beginning said that filling orders by reservations date was still subject to parts availability and dealers allocations. So, what is your argument? Is your only argument that the 2022 allocation formula is different from the 2021 formula? OK, what was the 2021 formula to prove that it's different now? And, so it's different. That doesn't change the topic of this thread that some dealers chose to WAY over sell their expected allocation by dramatic price undercutting. And has some responsibility in that. Are you saying that those dealers have no responsibility? Only Ford is at fault?

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
You would think if overselling and undercutting the Bronco was genius, more than three dealers would have followed suit. Surely three small dealers didn't outsmart thousands of larger, more successful dealers.... interesting concept.
Sponsored