Sponsored

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No one is twisting their arms to buy with ADM’s… it’s the dealers Bronco… they paid for it… now people pay the price or walk…. Simple… :). Someone will step up to the plate and buy… always have always will…
And this is why it's so rare to have a thread full of people coming to the defense of a car salesman.
Sponsored

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well, they're free to state their side of the story, so far I've only read some sappy grandpa story that - while nice - is irrelevant. I'll wait to hear their side and I'll skip over all the other conspiracy and made up assumption posts, but I'd really like to know what went on and why they thought taking in over 1000 orders was a good idea and would work out within 2022. Let's hear it, I'm all ears. Or eyes, or what ever you call it on a screen. So far they've only managed to clutter some Ford twitter accounts (as if Levine etc actually reads and replies to that account themselves, LOL), but haven't given any info about their side and thought of reasoning. At least none that I have seen. IMO expecting to get way over 1000 units allocated was naive for a 'small town' dealer. But I don't know, which is why some clarity and insight from them would be nice by now. I just don't see that famous 'transparency' they seem to be known for here.

Again, and you can put as many childish barf emojis as you want underneath, I feel bad for all the customers caught up in this mess, but don't feel bad for the dealers that made it happen, they took the orders, they must have had a plan one would hope. And they have not provided any insight that would actually show that the mothership gave them the go ahead and later turned the ship around. Show your cards...
Allocations have been a thing since for ever and the formulas change all the time, they know that.
There have been numerous screen shots showing the original Terms and Conditions and the changed Terms and Conditions. Ford Motor Company knew in the first 24 hours where orders were going and how many they received and shared some of those numbers with the press. After over a year of taking reservations without changing the reservation system (outside of quietly updating the Terms of Service) where they could have easily removed the dealer selection process they continued to let it go.

So asking dealers that received a lot of orders to explain themselves is pointless. Thats the way the system was setup. Plenty of data supports that already. Ford did nothing to change the reservation system over the last 14 months. Ford did nothing to communicate this problem with customers. And given that dealers and Ford continued to take reservations for over a year, they also clearly failed to communicate to dealers that they can’t take that many orders.

Ford can still fix this issue if they want.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The flaw in your argument is most dealers aren't willing to sell at invoice or MSRP....they are charging ADM's!
I don't believe that to be true at all.

Sure you've seen a few, but not a lot, of stories of dealers charging ADM on ordered broncos. But I'm fairly certain that's a small percentage.

Most of the ADM is on orders that were abandoned. Or for whatever reason the orderer couldn't purchase it. And that's the dealership's Bronco at that point, so they can do what they want with it. If no one would pay it, they'd surely lower the price.

But if I had to put a percentage on it, I'd say 99% of customer reserved, ordered & delivered Broncos did NOT have ADM on it.

It's easy to live in an echo chamber, read a few internet posts, and think it's happening to everyone.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sure you've seen a few, but not a lot, of stories of dealers charging ADM on ordered broncos. But I'm fairly certain that's a small percentage.

Most of the ADM is on orders that were abandoned. Or for whatever reason the orderer couldn't purchase it. And that's the dealership's Bronco at that point, so they can do what they want with it. If no one would pay it, they'd surely lower the price.

But if I had to put a percentage on it, I'd say 99% of customer reserved, ordered & delivered Broncos did NOT have ADM on it.

It's easy to live in an echo chamber, read a few internet posts, and think it's happening to everyone.
Yep... got my window sticker today and yes mine will be a MSRP.... as agreed on at time of order...

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

It's more than a few internet posts. And if customers weren't given the freedom to initially choose which dealer they wanted (oops, sorry about that Ford), your 99% figure wouldn't even be close to accurate. Dealers weren't supposed to *wink*wink* add ADM to those reserved Broncos, but it absolutely has happened. I had to contact 7 different dealers in my area about the Bronco. 3 never got back to me, 3 wouldn't promise MSRP, and then I went with the one who did.
But we should blame the dealers who didn't act like that.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your post reads as fanboy as any I've ever read.
haha, sorry you got that impression, as I said, before the reveal Ford was never even on my radar when looking for cars and and I only watched the reveal because my son told me about it. If the Bronco (or something similar) were built by Toyota I'd be just as happy.

But as I said, I want to hear from the dealers directly, not anyone else here. They are the only ones that can tell us if Ford cleared them to pile up well over 1000 orders and expect to get those delivered in'22. Everything else is just speculation and making things up out of thin air. Agreements like the reservation thing always change and it says very clearly that the reservation does not guarantee a car delivery in any way, it's just a place in line to be one of the first to order with a dealer. And noone here knows anything about the franchise laws and regulations and rules that exists for Ford dealers, only that allocations have always been a a thing for every model for a very long time, so nothing new for dealers.

Anyway, unless the dealers in question chime in here I'm done with this thread, nobody else has added anything useful in pages and pages.

But that fanboy thing is funny, LOL. If it wasn't for Covid and an injury last year I'd have a Rubicon in the driveway and wouldn't even pay attention to the Bronco. But then the reveal happened and I was sold. So, yes, maybe call me Bronco fan boy if you like. :-D

Anyway, hope you get yours soon, same for everyone else here. I'd think Ford and the dealers will come up with something that doesn't violate the franchise rules and still gets people into their rides. Ford wants nothing more than the money you promised them in their bank account, good luck!

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's more than a few internet posts. And if customers weren't given the freedom to initially choose which dealer they wanted (oops, sorry about that Ford), your 99% figure wouldn't even be close to accurate. Dealers weren't supposed to *wink*wink* add ADM to those reserved Broncos, but it absolutely has happened. I had to contact 7 different dealers in my area about the Bronco. 3 never got back to me, 3 wouldn't promise MSRP, and then I went with the one who did.
look, I never said the dealer network is perfect by any means. Nor have I denied the sleaziness that exists. I get it. Ford and the management of their dealer network definitely had a part in this problem. But that problem has been around for decades. It's a broken system that definitely contributed to the mess.

BUT, I'll go back to my quote I used previously... "pigs get slaughtered". At some point these dealers had to realize they had more orders than they'd be able to fulfill based on the info Ford was providing them. They should've capped it off. But they saw dollars signs and now it's to the detriment of the 'enthusiasts'. But those so called enthusiasts want to blame Ford, and not the dealer that is literally just a distributor. Their only job is to sell Fords. They failed at their job. Well, unless you're ok with getting your Ford years from now. They failed their customers. Not sure why this is such a hard point to see.

but look. we're going in circles at this point. I made this post to try and open people's minds, throw out the non obvious stance.

TBH, not that anyone cares, but what set me off is when I saw the post calling for a revolution. That blew my mind. If that wasn't manipulation at it's finest, then I don't know what is. They wanted to use people and this forum to turn people against Ford so they could make more money. Their forecast took a nosedive and they realized they backed themselves into a corner.

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyway, unless the dealers in question chime in here I'm done with this thread, nobody else has added anything useful in pages and pages.
You've been presented with facts numerous times and you choose to ignore them. I'm not sure if you have an axe to grind with certain dealers or what your motivation is exactly. Ford Motor Company built the system that everyone used to place a reservation and then changed course without accepting the real consequences and impact on customers that have been more than patient. Whether a dealer was able to accumulate 5000 orders or only 5 makes no difference. Ford's own reservation page allowed that to happen and set the expectation to customers that they could choose any dealer.

Other manufacturers I've worked for used an online reservation system that doesn't permit the customer to choose the dealership but rather takes the leads and funnels them through a ZIP code locator that evenly distributes them to dealers near the customer. I didn't personally agree with that method as it limits the customer's choice. It spreads reservations/hand raisers across more dealerships and avoided the potential threats of lawsuits that dealership principals love to trot out when they are unhappy at dealer council meetings. Even with that system, if 250,000 people wanted to place a reservation, it would still happen despite not having enough production to go around. Throughout that process we knew every second how many orders we had, demographics, geographic locations, model preferences and on and on. A TON of data that many people in the organization looked at all the way to the top. Ford is no different.

There are so many checks and balances with Area/Regional Excutives, dealer liaison people, regional sales and marketing, and on and on. This whole thing regarding Bronco reservations didn't happen in a vacuum. There were numerous opportunities to correct the system, communicate with dealers, communicate with customers and overall make this a smoother process.

Like I said before, supply and pandemic issues people can forgive. But the rest that Ford controls and botched up is really inexcusable.

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
look, I never said the dealer network is perfect by any means. Nor have I denied the sleaziness that exists. I get it. Ford and the management of their dealer network definitely had a part in this problem. But that problem has been around for decades. It's a broken system that definitely contributed to the mess.

BUT, I'll go back to my quote I used previously... "pigs get slaughtered". At some point these dealers had to realize they had more orders than they'd be able to fulfill based on the info Ford was providing them. They should've capped it off. But they saw dollars signs and now it's to the detriment of the 'enthusiasts'. But those so called enthusiasts want to blame Ford, and not the dealer that is literally just a distributor. Their only job is to sell Fords. They failed at their job. Well, unless you're ok with getting your Ford years from now. They failed their customers. Not sure why this is such a hard point to see.

but look. we're going in circles at this point. I made this post to try and open people's minds, throw out the non obvious stance.

TBH, not that anyone cares, but what set me off is when I saw the post calling for a revolution. That blew my mind. If that wasn't manipulation at it's finest, then I don't know what is. They wanted to use people and this forum to turn people against Ford so they could make more money. Their forecast took a nosedive and they realized they backed themselves into a corner.
I'm fairly confident that if these dealers had information from Ford that 2021 orders would not be filled until possibly 2023/2024, they would have done that and notified their customers immediately. These assumptions you keep making aren't really backed up by what we know. Like I said, I have no skin in this game, and if Ford wants to go back to their normal allocation system like they used to, it's their company. But that should be applied going forward, not retroactively. Take the dealers out of this equation: they are punishing their customers, most of which are the most loyal Bronco fans around, who did absolutely nothing wrong except shop around and get a good deal under the rules that Ford themselves set.
Ford can fix this if they choose. I don't think they will, and that really makes me sad that they have somehow found a way to turn a very exciting moment for lots of people into a disappointment.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was the plan that Ford would send hundreds of Broncos to some small dealerships while the larger dealers got far less?
That seems unlikely especially given the delays and small production numbers.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
People have realized that in large numbers we have power over these companies that have seemingly held reign over these processes for years. Monkeys together strong. It's basically the unionization of buyers in order to leverage a more favorable market for consumers, but yeah spin it how you want.

The facts are Ford changed the process which ended up harming small dealerships. So much for supporting the small guy huh? Numerous dealers either will not commit to no ADM or have gone back on it causing again, the community to bombard them in order to help out.

Was the plan that Ford would send hundreds of Broncos to some small dealerships while the larger dealers got far less?
That seems unlikely especially given the delays and small production numbers.
The plan was Orders/Reservations would be filled based on date regardless of allocation. The allocation stipulation was added after the process had begun. The plan was to get Bronco's to people who reserved them, which seems to have changed in favor of pushing stock/orders to large dealerships.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When were you not able to select a preferred dealer? When placing the reservation, the system was set up to plug in a dealer based on your zip. All you had to do is select your chosen dealer and then save.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your post reads as fanboy as any I've ever read.
I have to laugh every time I see someone put this up as though its a bad thing. Go over to the other site. They'll tell you if you're buying a Bronco, your a Ford apologist. :D

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When were you not able to select a preferred dealer? When placing the reservation, the system was set up to plug in a dealer based on your zip. All you had to do is select your chosen dealer and then save.
I'm saying if Ford had set up a system to prevent something like this happening, as opposed to the system they set up.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Tim Bartz at Long McArthur Ford has been posting weekly update videos for a while and he's made it clear that dealers get updated regularly and are aware of everything going on. Other dealers are getting pissed off at them because they share so much info. This is why its hard for the dealer to play innocent.
Sponsored